Noah's Boring Log

Good luck Noah - go get checked out!

Thanks. I just found out that my grandfather had colitis and that my cousin on that side has colitis, so that's probably what it is. I've already started the Specific Carbohydrate Diet just incase I have it. I hope it works. I've actually always wanted to try being on a no grain diet, which is part of the SCD.

I managed to work out today even those my back/hip is killing me. It didn't hurt at all doing squats even though it hurts when I walk.

Squats:
265 x 5, 5, 5

Bench:
175 x 5, 5, 5

Back Entensions:
BW x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Chins:
BW x 8, 7, 3

I haven't worked out since that last entry. My hip has been too bad. I also haven't been able to eat right because of the intestinal problem. I'm basically just wasting away. I had to fast for a day because I had a colonoscopy today. Then, I was able to eat today because I was still in pain.

The colonoscooy was terrible. The prep sucked. I pissed out of my ass for a good 12 hours. Then, the colonoscopy was very painful. It's not supposed to be, but it was. They kept giving me more and more pain medication through an IV, fentanyl, It seemed to be doing nothing. Maybe I'm just a little bitch. It was so painful I didn't even realize that I was in a room with 6 people standing around watching a doctor thread a tube up my ass.

The good news is that they said it's very unlikely that I have ulcerative colitis or chrone's. I'm pretty relieved, but still a little nervous about what is wrong.

I have a problem ever really feeling or getting personally involved in any sort of group, so I'll probably never actually be involved in it. I always feel like I'm standing outside of the circle, or that people think I'm standing outside of the circle for some reason.
What made you think you could join our group? Who told you it was OK to start a log here?

Naw, just kidding. Well, it looks like you got some good news from your doctor. That procedure sounded like hell. Hang tough and good luck. By the way, your girlfriend is a monster pulling 285 and benching 125 at 114.

I have to get a colonoscopy every two years (I have a family history of colon cancer and I have polyps that have to be removed).

Sorry to heal about your injuries and intestinal problems. Hopefully, you heal up quickly and are back at the gym hitting PRs.

By the way, your girlfriend is a monster pulling 285 and benching 125 at 114.

Yeah. She actually didn't want to lift weights at first, but after I found out she could do 12 chin-ups without having trained at all, I made her start. Now, she's pretty into it.

I have to get a colonoscopy every two years (I have a family history of colon cancer and I have polyps that have to be removed).

Sorry to heal about your injuries and intestinal problems. Hopefully, you heal up quickly and are back at the gym hitting PRs.

Thanks for the support. I also have a family history of colon cancer, but I think I'm going to hold off on colonoscopies for a while.

I'm finally back at the gym. I lost 10-15 pounds, and the strength that went with it. Hopefully, I will be back where I was in a couple of weeks. I'm going to do Staring Strength until then, and beyond if I can keep making progress.

Monday:

Squats:
225 x 5, 5, 5

Bench:
155 x 5, 5, 5

Deadlift:
285 x 5

Ab Wheel:
BW x 5, 5

Today:

Squats:
240 x 5, 5, 5

Press:
100 x 5, 5, 5

Back Extensions:
BW x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Chins:
BW x 9, 6, 5

I'm going to start this back up because this is my preferred method for keeping track of progress. I haven't trained consistently since my last post, and have lost 30 pounds in the meantime. I currently weigh 149 pounds. Obviously, that means I'm weak as shit.

My goal is to get as strong as possible. I'll be using Rippetoe's Starting Strength to do that.

This was my last workout:

Squats:
140 x 5, 5, 5

Bench:
105 x 5, 5, 5

Back Extension:
20 x 12, 12, 12

Pull-Ups:
BW x 5, 3, 5

I don't think I'm quite as weak as those numbers would have you believe, but I'm starting light, and hopefully I'll be able to work my way up quickly. But, my pull-ups are that bad.

I'm going to start this back up because this is my preferred method for keeping track of progress. I haven't trained consistently since my last post, and have lost 30 pounds in the meantime. I currently weigh 149 pounds. Obviously, that means I'm weak as shit.

My goal is to get as strong as possible. I'll be using Rippetoe's Starting Strength to do that.

This was my last workout:

Squats:
140 x 5, 5, 5

Bench:
105 x 5, 5, 5

Back Extension:
20 x 12, 12, 12

Pull-Ups:
BW x 5, 3, 5

I don't think I'm quite that weak, but I'm starting light, and hopefully I'll be able to work my way up quickly. But, my pull-ups are that bad.

Squats:
155 x 5, 5, 5

Press:
75 x 5, 5, 5

Deadlift:
205 x 5

I think you need to post more pics of your girlfriend to make up for the eight months you skipped.

Thanks fellas!

Squats:
170 x 5, 5, 5

Bench:
120 x 5, 5, 5

Pull-ups:
BW x 6, 4, 4

And since I enjoy pimping my girlfriend out, here is a picture of her holding a giant loaf of bread:
3583wvk.jpg

Squats:
185 x 5, 5, 5

Press:
85 x 5, 5, 5

Deadlift:
225 x 5

Inclined Sit-Ups:
BW x 5, 5

Squat:
200 x 5, 5, 5

Bench:
130 x 5, 5, 5

Chins:
BW x 6, 4, 4

Did everything get worked out with your medical issues?

Did everything get worked out with your medical issues?

Yeah, as far as I know I'm fine, but the last thing the doctors told me was that if I ever needed treatment for IBD in the future to give them a call. I guess they just didn't want to come out and say definitively that I didn't have it. Thanks for asking,

Squats:
215 x 5, 5, 5

Press:
95 x 5, 5, 5

Deadlift:
245 x 5

The squats were pretty difficult. I had to take a 10 minute break in between sets two and three to get all of them. I'm either going up in weight too fast or not recovering adequately. I think I'm going to start increasing by only 10 pounds per workout. I'm also experiencing some pain in my lower back, which is probably being caused by my egregious butt wink. I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm working on my flexibility. But, I think I'm also going to get some weightlifting shoes and see if that helps. I'm looking at the red suade Do-Wins on Glenn Pendlay's site because of the price. I hear they're a little high in the heel.

Squats:
165 x 5, 5

Bench:
140 x 5, 5, 5

Chins:
(BW + 10) x 5, 3, 3

Reverse Hypers:
20 x 10, 10, 10

I took a light day on the squats because I think I used too much weight last time, hurt my back, and burned myself out. I decided to start adding weight to my chins as per someones recommendation in the forum, and I'm doing reverse hypers to help with my back.

I'm looking at the red suade Do-Wins on Glenn Pendlay's site because of the price. I hear they're a little high in the heel.

My wife has those shoes and I think they are a little too high. She would sometimes complain about knee pain when squatting and I believe it was the shoes causing it. They would force her knees a little too far forward.

Back