No wrestler has ever beaten Mcgregor

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score
His 3 losses are to blackbelt BJJ fighters not wrestlers.

But everyone keeps saying "Mcgregor will get destroyed by a wrestler. Wrestling is his weakness". Last time I checked, he beat 2 premier wrestlers Mendes and Alvarez. And even beat a Sambo guy Dennis Siver.

So if anything his weakness is Jiu-Jitsu not wrestling.

I think there are a couple wrestlers that would give him problems, like DC and Cain.

And you've never made a good thread, the streak continues
Congrats!

There are a bunch of lame "fans" on here who think that the only legit way to win is by winning 10-9 rounds, utilizing wrestling,

They hate the fact that a nice punch or two completely trumps that.

Mendes was giving him absolute FITS, prior to gassing the F out.

Why do you call Alvarez a premier wrestler? Alvarez is a jack of all trades and master of none.

Conor is unbeatable and will never be taken down or lose another fight again!

I get what you're saying, but you don't need to exaggerate. Alvarez is not, nor has he ever been, a premier wrestler.

He showed weakness to both Nate and Chad. He beat Chad, but I think Chad could beat him on a good day if he fought smarter and better.

I agree subs are more his weakness than losing rounds to wrestling. Conor is one of the greatest finishers we've ever seen - he's like Anderson in how he exploits mistakes.

So if you try to beat him by winning rounds, you probably won't survive long enough to do it.
Why do you call Alvarez a premier wrestler? Alvarez is a jack of all trades and master of none.
Yeah, he's a good wrestler, but not more.

It's called grasping at straws. Conor has ducked every wrestler in the UFC so Alvarez is one of only two examples TS can come up with.

Good thing Khabib has solid submission skills too, TS, so he will have no trouble putting away Conor.

His 3 losses are to blackbelt BJJ fighters not wrestlers.

But everyone keeps saying "Mcgregor will get destroyed by a wrestler. Wrestling is his weakness". Last time I checked, he beat 2 premier wrestlers Mendes and Alvarez. And even beat a Sambo guy Dennis Siver.

So if anything his weakness is Jiu-Jitsu not wrestling.
Yes, be happy he beat a Mendes without a camp... while ducking Frankie.
And oh! BTW, Eddie is more of a striker than a wrestler...

SO there's that!

Reach is the only way to beat Conor.

Nate and Ferguson are the only 2 who can do shit.

Conor wrestling is getting better, and by the time he fights anyone with good wrestling - which will not be Khabib, he is losing to Ferguson, Conor TDD will be pretty much better than almost anyone.

He has the money to bring the best out there to train with him. Wrestling isn't a problem right now as Conor is already great at TDD, and it won't be a problem at all against anyone after Conor bring those people.

However, reach will keep being Conor hard thing to deal with. Conor striking style is made for him to wreck anyone who doesn't have a big reach, and he is doing that. Conor has a big reach, and he has the best counter of the game, also his speed is crazy. You can't do much if you don't have reach on him. And even with the reach, chin is also important, there is not a lot of fighters who can his shots.

Those who have will still need to have a good chin and good striking, and Ferguson sure has.

Those who don't, well, they will keep losing to Conor by first round finish, or they can get dominated like Holloway was.

It's called grasping at straws. Conor has ducked every wrestler in the UFC so Alvarez is one of only two examples TS can come up with.

Good thing Khabib has solid submission skills too, TS, so he will have no trouble putting away Conor.

Alvarez did not wrestle past high school and he is not GSP.

No one without a penis has ever beaten McGregor, I believe

Well. He's only fought one wrestler...

And didn't look too good doing it

Last edited:
Well. He's only fought one wrestler...

And didn't look to good doing it

This. He beat Mendes, but he looked like shit until Mendes went for that choke. He might have improved his wrestling but at 155 Khabib is going to ruin him if he gets him down.

Back