No wonder his weight cut was easy

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by IDGETKTFO, Jan 6, 2015.

1. IDGETKTFO

IDGETKTFO White Belt Double Yellow Card

Jones said in the post fight show about having to keep his weight up....no wonder. Still cant believe cocaine is not considered a banned PED.:eek:

2. TheGreenRanger

TheGreenRanger Green Belt

Because the ACs are fucking retarded, that's why.

3. hto63

hto63 Brown Belt

partying hard isn't going to help him with anything athletically. Don't be silly.

If he has a habit though I would actually agree weight cutting would be a reason to make it illegal out of competition.

then again, recreational drug use is a human right and should be allowed for fighters too, it's a fine line.

4. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

Hahahahhaha.

I got a laugh out of that.

5. thechoice2

thechoice2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Care to explain how criminal possession and usage of a narcotic is a human right?

6. Shogun Rising

Shogun Rising I am Shiva god of death

Care to explain how corrupt legislation has any impact on human rights?

7. asharak

asharak Brown Belt

Tell that to the Diaz brothers

8. IDGETKTFO

says poster is from germany, maybe he doesnt know how bad its considered here in the US.

9. 5H3RD0G

5H3RD0G Silver Belt

I wonder if his team and coaches knew of his addiction. You must have fighters mentally and physically prepared for life or you are just training them like old arena fighters.

10. Davelh

Davelh Blue Belt

Where did you come up with the criminal possession part?

11. hto63

hto63 Brown Belt

the altering of your consciousness is a human right.
    Some may say it's not but if you are human you should be able to sense that nobody has a right to tell you what to do with your body unless you endanger others.

As far as the legal situation with specific drugs I can't speak about the US for sure but I have to assume it is the same as over here in most of europe where usage and being under the influence of a narcotic is not a crime. Just don't get caught buying or carrying it around. Jones wasn't accused of possession either.

what some arbitrary laws say about what drugs can be legally traded or not really has no deeper meaning...again unless you get caught buying or carrying it obviously then it can turn pretty meaningful I guess.

in the end, legally, he did nothing wrong, hence the lack of legal ramifications.

12. INTERL0PER

INTERL0PER Brown Belt

Because the government should have no right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my own brain and body? That includes altering my consciousness with drugs, if I so choose.

13. Pangi

Pangi Green Belt

Exactly . Jones needs to be stripped of the belt no wonder he controlled DC so easily .
    COCAINES A HELLAVA DRUG.

14. Shogun Rising

Especially when the laws exist to keep a bloated police force employed, keep private prisons stocked full, keep pharm companies in control of the bottleneck, and to keep old fools happy who are scared of their own shadows.

Anyone arguing from the foundation of the American Drug War is ignorant and is probably over 50 years old.

15. Davelh

Davelh Blue Belt

You are correct...assuming you don't get caught driving with it in your system or something like that.

I can't stand Jones but don't agree with the other posters that most Americans find casual drug use to be a big deal. In this case it becomes one because of who the user is and how arrogant he is... but more importantly because he is a pro athlete. I can only imagine the taunts and boos Jones will get during his next fight

16. IDGETKTFO

Its illegal to be under the influence of cocaine. Especially while driving. Suspended license and possible jail time.

How you think its ok to do mind altering drugs and endanger other peoples lives is beyond me.

17. Ube

Ube Bibingka Belt

I'm wondering if he's even "addicted." I bet he did it a couple times, got busted, and is using rehab as a way to "save face."

18. Shogun Rising

The fact he did it knowing he was in the heat of camp and subject to tests suggests some erratic behavior that could be symptomatic of addiction.

But public perception of drug addiction is pretty much characterized by people thinking first time you try a substance you're selling your body cavities in a back alley to feed your drug habit.

Jon was probably partying hard with some sordid honeys, because he is the light heavyweight champion of the world and is a superstar athlete and media fixture, and he got busted.

19. Capt Lunatic

Capt Lunatic Purple Belt

Pretend you overheard this conversation at a party...which one of these two would you think is on drugs?

20. Davelh

Davelh Blue Belt

When did he say that is was okay to drive impaired? You've been watching too much Fox news...stop twisting peoples words around