No way Brock is fighting DC now. 250 PPV buys

Cain 2.0, better wrestler, better striker, won't get outmuscled. And now we see that even as double champ he can't pull his weight PPV wise. So, Brock has to carry the whole card? Nah. It aint happening.

Late replacement with little time for promotion on a card that had many drop outs. 250k isn't so bad.

He doesn't sell great, no avoiding that inconvenient truth, but this card was much lower than normal for areason.

It was a crap card with an ill conceived main event they threw together at the last minute. The fans saw through it. Not DCs fault

Fighting is a brutal sport. If you can make money in the millions doing something else, I wouldn’t blame any fighter on the roster for jumping ship.
brock has choices, and its not worth it.

Brock won't fight ever again in the UFC

Once against fucking OSP dude. And it was 320k not 250k...

Black Beast was waaaay more recognizeable than OSP to casuals coming off the Volkov KO and hot balls

And besides DC he faought OSP 4 years ago. Take DC out of the equation and JBJ's last fight did terrible in 2014. You think he's gotten more fans since then by not fighting and pissing hot?

Yes he will. He didn’t slim down and join the testing for no good reason
He is again WWE champion for some reason and he lost belt when he started to flirt with the UFC.

If he could sell ppvs they wouldn't be in the situation of needing brock to come back to make them some real $$.

idk abt that..he fought w Randy, GSP twice, UFC 200...most of his cards are stacked tbh

Brock vs Cain and Vs Carwin both did over a million, both of those cards weren’t stacked and his fight with Overeem is one of the best selling non title fight PPV, his drawing power is legit and still is.

DC talks about earning big pay days, but doesn't bring much to the table lol
His two biggest pay-per-views were against Jon Jones
God bless him tho, great guy.

Compared their ppv bouts in the last 5 years:

Jones vs Gustaffson 310k 2013
Jones vs Teixeira 350k 2015
Jones vs OSP 320k 2016

Cormier vs Johnson 375k 2015
Cormier vs Gustaffson 250k 2015
Cormier vs Johnson 2 300k 2017
Cormier vs Miocic 400k 2018

Pretty equal

Nice cherry pick of all the Jones lowest ppvs. You didn't want to mention Jones vs Rampage, Shogun, Rashad, Machida, Belfort, and Sonnen when every single one of those is higher than Cormier's best

80% chance of brock failing the drug test anyway.

View attachment 469145

Lol Brock literally gives zero fucks...

giphy.gif

People act like a foregone conclusion fight should have sold 1 million PPVs. I love DC, but no way was I going to spend money to watch him fight a guy that was...funny. Lewis is super likable, and super one dimensional. BS fights are not indicative of marketability.

If big money is on the table brock will fight Jones or DC. Also, Brock has some incentive for marketing purposes to sell himself as a UFC and WWE champion(which means nothing) because casuals will eat that shit up.

Nice cherry pick of all the Jones lowest ppvs. You didn't want to mention Jones vs Rampage, Shogun, Rashad, Machida, Belfort, and Sonnen when every single one of those is higher than Cormier's best

Not cherry picking, I chose the last 5 years of PPVs.
I thought people are claiming DC as an equal draw to Jones *now*, I didn't realise they were claiming DC is an equal draw to rampage in 2011.

Given the trend of PPV buyrates decreasing year by years, comparing PPVs from 2011 and 2012 against 2018 would be more misleading.

Back