No UFC Title has EVER changed hands via split decision.

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
...and by no UFC Title ever, I looked at the records of Anderson, GSP, Brock, Randy Couture, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell, Rampage, Forrest, Rashad, Machida, Shogun, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Benson, Frankie Edgar and Aldo and none of them ever won or lost a title by split decision. If it happened with some fight involving Carlos Newton in 2001 or something, okay, but I don't consider that the modern era.

Lesson, IMO: If you have a close fight by ANY means, the judges will not hand you the title...and you can't complain when they don't. It's just reality. It has never happened. If you don't clearly dominate the champion, or tap him out or leave him laying on the canvas, you're not going to get the belt.

Something to always keep in mind before you say Challenger X was robbed.

Penn vs Edgar I was a (rare) close fight where the judges handed the challenger the title.

Last edited:
i dont think slightly edging out your opponent is being handed anything. If you did better you did better.

Yes, because Edgar/Penn 1 and Forrest/Rampage weren't close fights.

gtfo with your nonsense.

Lesson, IMO: If you have a close fight by ANY means, the judges will not hand you the title...and you can't complain when they don't. It's just reality. It has never happened. If you don't clearly dominate the champion, or tap him out or leave him laying on the canvas, you're not going to get the belt.

The judges barely understand written rules, I don't expect them to follow unwritten ones.

...and by no UFC Title ever, I looked at the records of Anderson, GSP, Brock, Randy Couture, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell, Rampage, Forrest, Rashad, Machida, Shogun, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Benson, Frankie Edgar and Aldo and none of them ever won or lost a title by split decision. If it happened with some fight involving Carlos Newton in 2001 or something, okay, but I don't consider that the modern era.

rofl!! fail of a thread! Do some homework before your spouting such garbage. It has and will again in the future

What kind of shitty retarded thread is this?

So what you're saying is a champion should be automatically winning until he's clearly not and thereby he goes by a different ruleset then all other fighters.

Yeah, great idea, fuckface.

Titles have changed hands on razor-close decision before so your idea doesn't hold merit at all.

You think zuffa would want to lose the champ they've spent so much marketing on? This shit keeps happening and no on questions it. Same deal was happening with the henderson title fights. If you don't finish, they get the win.

If you win a fight you win a fight. The title goes to who won the fight.

"To Be the Man, You've Gotta Beat the Man."

I kept this in mind since the first Shogun/Machida fight, so this stuff no longer gets to me either, plus, I think we will get to see them fight again and see a much more decisive win.

forrest vs rampage wasn't split?

hmmm it was unanimous, I thought I remember that being a split

all the hate on the ts.. but hes technically right. sure there were close fights, but they were all uds somehow

disappointedhughes.gif

Back