No UFC. ESPN is airing 11 hours of Classic Boxing today.

Best Fight airing today?

• Tyson vs Holmes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyson vs Spinks

• Tyson vs Douglas

• Holyfield vs Foreman

• Oscar vs JCC

• Oscar vs Whitaker

• Clay vs Liston (1964)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kowboy On Sherdog

UFC 300 ***The Aftermath***
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Starting in about an hour. ESPN (main channel) will be airing Classic Boxing all day. Starting with Hagler vs Herns, Mike Tyson becoming the youngest heavyweight champion, Tyson brutalizing Holmes and Spinks, Buster in the biggest betting upset (still to date), Holyfield vs Foreman, Oscar vs JCC and Whitaker and ending the night with some Ali... Clay vs Liston (1964) and the Smoking Joe trilogy...

***Enjoy Sherdog community and wish good health and safety to you and your family...

I could do with less Tyson squashes, an odd pick jcc and Oscar.

holyfield foreman?

I went with the Ali/Frazier trilogies. The first and third fights were amazing, esp since I haven't seen the third in awhile and I remember liking that one more than I enjoyed the first, which was a great fight in its own right.

Thanks for the heads up, KFK I'm dvr'ing most of them except for a few I've seen recently or already have taped.

I like this Tyson knockout of Spinks... Motivated Mike sent to destroy Michael coming out like a Terminator movie...

***and here we go... Ali vs Frazier Trilogy!!!

Frazier has been compared to Tyson a lot and while I do see certain similarities, I can also see pretty big differences.

-Frazier has more heart, more resilient. He gets tagged by Ali but keeps going at him. Tyson probably would have folded by the 5th round

-Frazier has a little more power. Those left hooks are thunderous

-Tyson has more speed, better combinations

-Tyson has more skill. Frazier has the left hook and that's about it. Tyson had that, plus uppercuts, and an overhand right

Settling in for the second bout here waiting on the Thrilla in Manila.
15-round death match.
I have a signed promo poster by both men, a treasure of mine. Certificate of authenticity, all that good stuff. I had it nicely framed after Ali's passing and have yet to find the appropriate spot for it/what wall.
Rumor has it that Frazier's corner was threatening to stop the fight late and he was saying "you better not". After the 14th round when Ali sat down he said I'm done, cut the gloves off. I'm done. And Frazier's corner threw in the towel right then between rounds and ended it.
A true classic between two warriors. I can't wait to see it on the big screen, here.

Last edited:
THAT...WAS...AWESOME!!!
tenor.gif

Back