NO Supplement - WAY to much caffeine. Help!

Where the hell do you have to pay 100 dollars for any supp? GNC?

You'd be surprised. If you're buying at MSRP the prices on some of this stuff is retarded. I think 5lbs of Isopure was triple digits, and monster milk is right behind that.

I'm going to start my first no cycle tomorrow.

The bottle even says to test your tolerance the first week to see how you react.

But for sure anything above 3 scoops is pretty retarded.

Yep that's me.

Why don't you read around and educate yourself a little bit. This subject has been done to death. NO supps are overpriced bullshit and even just reading this thread you just dug up to post in should have clued you in to that, much less the other countless threads that have been done on it. Save your money (and your stomach) and just buy some caffeine and B-vitamins since those are the only effective supplement ingredients in 99% of NO supplements.

Yep that's me.

Why don't you read around and educate yourself a little bit. This subject has been done to death. NO supps are overpriced bullshit and even just reading this thread you just dug up to post in should have clued you in to that, much less the other countless threads that have been done on it. Save your money (and your stomach) and just buy some caffeine and B-vitamins since those are the only effective supplement ingredients in 99% of NO supplements.

why couldn't you have come off like that instead of being a jerk?

I spent 15 bucks on a 7.8 oz of NO just to try it out.

I have been working out for about two years with no supplement help.

I started benching with a 45 pound bar now I can max out at 225 I thought something like No can give me a little boost.

All I have heard is good things thought I would try it.

Plus this thread was on the front page and I don't visit the supplement section often.

Because it was a little funny...though I am fairly easily amused these days. Maybe it's age, maybe it's married life, I'm not sure which.

I spent $40 on a supply of caffeine that gives me the same results as NO supps and will last 8 1/2 years IF I were to take it every day, which I don't.

Because it was a little funny...though I am fairly easily amused these days. Maybe it's age, maybe it's married life, I'm not sure which.

I spent $40 on a supply of caffeine that gives me the same results as NO supps and will last 8 1/2 years IF I were to take it every day, which I don't.

on another note

what do you think about Syntha 6

I hear good things about that also.

I know your a BSN hatter but what do you think

I'm not specifically a BSN hater. I dislike big name supplements in general. They all spend a shit-ton of money on advertising to make the gullible believe that if you take their supplements you will turn into Ronnie Coleman, GSP, Brock & every other star you may admire. Guess who picks up the tab for those extreme advertisements? Syntha 6 is fine, like most protein powders, but it's nothing special. Protein is protein. The difference in the ultra hydrolyzed, cold-filtrated, micro whatever processing is minuscule and definitely not worth the extra $5 per pound they charge for it. Just like buying the super-charged, esterfunkified creatine for twice the price when plain monohydrate is the only one with the science to back it up.

If you've already bought the stuff and can't return it, by all means use it. There's no harm in 99.99% of the supps out there. But for the future, stick around here and read the FAQ and the links it contains and you'll be amazed. Pick up or rent "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" if you want a good brief look into the kind of shit the supplement industry feeds consumers who willing to shell out hard-earned cash for it.

I'm not specifically a BSN hater. I dislike big name supplements in general. They all spend a shit-ton of money on advertising to make the gullible believe that if you take their supplements you will turn into Ronnie Coleman, GSP, Brock & every other star you may admire. Guess who picks up the tab for those extreme advertisements? Syntha 6 is fine, like most protein powders, but it's nothing special. Protein is protein. The difference in the ultra hydrolyzed, cold-filtrated, micro whatever processing is minuscule and definitely not worth the extra $5 per pound they charge for it. Just like buying the super-charged, esterfunkified creatine for twice the price when plain monohydrate is the only one with the science to back it up.

If you've already bought the stuff and can't return it, by all means use it. There's no harm in 99.99% of the supps out there. But for the future, stick around here and read the FAQ and the links it contains and you'll be amazed. Pick up or rent "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" if you want a good brief look into the kind of shit the supplement industry feeds consumers who willing to shell out hard-earned cash for it.

Ok you have some good points and all

I haven't gotten Syntha 6 yet but I'm thinking of getting a trial version of it like i did with NO.

What is your favorite Protein supplement/brand

After a week on NO i gotta say that its pretty good.

Monday was kinda crappy.

But Tuesday - Friday was great!

I put in awesome cardio sessions and, lifting sessions.

I'm aware that the effects will probably wear off in a month but No seems like its working for me.

Best 20 bucks i have spent in a while.

Oh and the pump is awesome.

I don't know why I bother. The caffeine & B-12 (or the placebo effect, take your pick) are working for you. The arginine (which is what they say gives you that massive wicked pump, yo) is doing jack shit for you.

I don't know why I bother. The caffeine & B-12 (or the placebo effect, take your pick) are working for you. The arginine (which is what they say gives you that massive wicked pump, yo) is doing jack shit for you.

Just don't bother. Thats what I do.

Also lets get real ronin your latest PRs came after a cycle of NO xplode. Don't lie to us we know you are on the No xplode, the rage on here, the big Prs, the bachne.

ronin didn't know you were a scientist who worked for BSN.

Cmon dude i mean if i knew it was a placebo prior to taking it then it wouldn't work for me because in my mind i know its not working for me.

I know for the most part that it's the caffeine doing most of the work.

I did my research before buying it.

If I was a scientist working for BSN I'd be pushing that crap, not trashing it, don't ya think?

Are you familiar with David Barr?

DB said:
Let’s sum of the results of this study and others:
• One group used oral arginine in this study, but oral arginine supplementation doesn't affect blood flow.
• The arginine group used "time release" arginine, but so-called time release arginine is not actually time released.
• The trained individuals in the NO2 group got stronger without increasing muscle growth, but trained individuals get stronger mostly due to muscle growth.
• The training program and diet alone yielded a six pound increase in bench 1RM, yet four grams of NO2 taken three times a day tripled strength gains on the same program.
In short, something just isn't right.

But Wait, I Thought I Felt Something!
I’m sure some people are reading this and thinking, "But I know these products work because I’ve taken them and feel their effects!" While these perceived effects are potent, I submit to you that based on the scientific evidence, this is merely a result of the placebo effect.
The placebo effect is when someone uses an inert substance, which should produce no effect, yet somehow still experiences an effect. This occurs frequently when pharmaceutical companies test a new drug. They give one group the real drug and another group an inert sugar pill. Interestingly, the group receiving the sugar pill often has a series of side effects like dry mouth, headaches, dizziness, adding ten pounds to their bench, etc. — all caused by their own minds!
One famous research analysis calculated the placebo effect to account for 75% of a drug’s effect, although this exact figure remains controversial (19). It’s amazing what dogma we can succumb to in the face of contrary reason and evidence, merely because we want to believe something. This belief, desire and trust all seem to work at the neurological level of the brain (10). This indicates that it’s more than a matter of a few people being tricked by unscrupulous companies.
Unfortunately, the situation is even worse when it comes to sports supplements because of our expectations. Hundreds of advertisements with spectacular claims, combined with our incredibly strong desire to believe that these supplements work, often defeat our poor psyches. I call this a directed placebo effect, because we have not only a simple belief in what the supplement is supposed to do, but a powerful desire to believe in its effectiveness.
What can make our desire to believe in these products even stronger is the very fact that we've already purchased them! After all, recognizing that a product doesn’t work is like admitting that we were duped — something no one wants to do. Hey, I've fallen into this trap too in the past. We're all susceptible.
I can post his actual comments on the individual studies in more detail if you'd like. Or PM me an email addy and I can send the Word document.

Hopefully Dave doesn't object to me re-posting this. If so, I'll delete.

I can post his actual comments on the individual studies in more detail if you'd like. Or PM me an email addy and I can send the Word document.

Hopefully Dave doesn't object to me re-posting this. If so, I'll delete.

i appreciate all the medical jargin.

I know your putting up facts and not farts.

now i might just be dumb but isn't a "Placebo Effect" a mental thing?

and if you condition yourself to knowing its a placebo would negate it from working?

It is a mental thing, but knowing about it won't stop it if on some level, even subconsciously, you still expect results. The caffeine & B12 will increase your heart rate, causing more blood to flow (obviously) so in that sense the product does what it claims, but that's a pretty far stretch from what & why they make the claims. If you're doing a workout that creates a "pump" then obviously you'll feel the pump. Try this: Go to Walgreens (or whatever drug store/pharmacy is convenient) and pick up a small pack of the generic caffeine tabs (200mg) & B12. Take one of each about 30 minutes before training.

I will admit to trying NO Xplode before learning about all this and just to prove it to myself I did this. I took the NO supp one training session & the caffeine & B12 the next. I got a MUCH better workout in using just the caffeine & B12 than I did using the NO.

It is a mental thing, but knowing about it won't stop it if on some level, even subconsciously, you still expect results. The caffeine & B12 will increase your heart rate, causing more blood to flow (obviously) so in that sense the product does what it claims, but that's a pretty far stretch from what & why they make the claims. If you're doing a workout that creates a "pump" then obviously you'll feel the pump. Try this: Go to Walgreens (or whatever drug store/pharmacy is convenient) and pick up a small pack of the generic caffeine tabs (200mg) & B12. Take one of each about 30 minutes before training.

I will admit to trying NO Xplode before learning about all this and just to prove it to myself I did this. I took the NO supp one training session & the caffeine & B12 the next. I got a MUCH better workout in using just the caffeine & B12 than I did using the NO.

ok cool I might try that out after i finish this cycle.

but i have to admit I really like the extra energy that it gives you..

Back