1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

NO Supplement - WAY to much caffeine. Help!

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by gjb0429, Sep 23, 2010.

1. gjb0429

gjb0429 White Belt

Hey guys,

Recently I started using Nitrous Oxide to help give me a boost before training.
    I like to be calm when I train, and I started to notice that during training I would become jittery and anxious - a big no-no for me. I checked the ingredients on my NO product and found out that I have been taking an equivalent of 2.5 cups of coffee each time I take it.

I did some research and found out that there are NO products available without the caffeine. I read on a website that I might not have as much energy, but Im perfectly fine with that. I dont want to be using stimulants at such a high level. Besides, Ive started to eat well and take my vitamins and minerals (B-vitamins help with energy) and its definitely helped give me more energy than I had before.

The supplement Im currently taking is naNO vapor Hardcore by Muscle tech (it comes in a black tub with yellow markings on it).

Is there anyone here who can tell me what they think about my specific product and the use of caffeine and stimulants in general?

Are there products that use less caffeine or no caffeine at all? If so, what are some good NO products that dont use the stimulants?

Remember, this is for BJJ/MMA training, not bodybuilding.

Thanks guys.

2. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Take less?

3. gjb0429

gjb0429 White Belt

Even one scoop of the thing has 1.25 cups of coffees worth of caffeine. If i take too little i wont get the benefits of the NO.

4. unbiased

unbiased Yellow Belt

get the capsules with just the l-argenine(sorry, not sure on the spelling) but thats the main ingredient in all NO products..no2 is the most popular but wal mart has the same thing but is ten dollars instead of 80 and is called noS..has the pump effect minus all the other crap

5. Mr2urbo

Mr2urbo Brown Belt

Stop paying almost $100 for that crap and take L-Arginine capsules instead

6. aldenton

aldenton Blue Belt

sniff some roids bro. :icon_twis

7. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

FFS this subject gets old. You're not getting any "benefits of the NO" anyway. Quit wasting your money on that shit. If you're that averse to a little caffeine, though you shouldn't be, take some Vit B12

8. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

^Truth. NO products=bull.

9. BloodyFist

BloodyFist Blue Belt

All NO products are bullshit. Im sorry I dont want to get into it, but leave them behind and take your natural pills along with a good work out routine. Most pills/supplements are BS, dont waste your money man.

10. BloodyFist

BloodyFist Blue Belt

I dont post here much so you might not believe me but check out some of the MODS posts, or just go look in the stickies. I actually have learned alot from them in the past 4-5 years.

11. XTrainer

XTrainer Red Belt

The sad thing is, it's not like a breakthrough or anything that NO products don't work...it's been well known for years, and yet people are still buying them. Put some caffeine and beta alanine in there, people will even swear they can feel the arginine working! :(

12. TMMAray

TMMAray Blue Belt

So, basically the guy from GNC told you that you should take NaNO vapor pre-workout, and you blindly followed his advice. Now you're counting on us to somehow undo your mistake?

Next time, I would suggest you read the label before you take something, and perhaps do the aforementioned research before you buy and ingest said substance.

13. dza76wutang

dza76wutang Black Belt

Guys at GNC are such knuckleheads. I was browing protein powder for a bridge supply until my TP.com order came this is what transpired.

Staff: Can I help you find something?
    Me: Just browsing protein.
    Staff: What's are your goals?
    Me: I just want a bridge supply until my protein comes in the mail.
    Staff: What do you use?
    Me: Just whey protein concentrate.
    Staff: Ah I see, so what kind of isolate is that?
    Me: It's whey protein CONCENTRATE...
    Staff: No, you don't get it, is it hydrolyzed, cross-filtered
    Me: *cutting him off, picking up a 1lb bag of ON Gold Standard and pointing to the ingredients* WHEY PRO-TEIN CON-CEN-TRATE.
    Staff: Oh...well you seem all set.

another occassion different GNC
    Me: I'm looking for creatine
    Staff: Come over here bro (I shit you not he called me bro) check out our line up.
    Me: I want plain creatine monohydrate.
    Staff: That stuff is garbage man, you need esterfied creatine it gets absorbed mad quick.
    Me: Literature I've seen shows it to be inferior.
    Staff: Bro, trust me I know supplements, you need cutting edge creatine.
    Me: *eyeroll* I want regular creatine
    Staff: Ok bro, I can see you're old school. Here's [creatine + sugar] it's got carbs for fast absorption.
    Me: I just want plain creatine monohydrate, preferably creapure brand.
    Staff: We don't carry that.
    Me: *exit*

I'm never rude to staff but when they start getting pushy or talk down to me I put my quills up.

14. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

There is N.O. that really works, it just happens to go in your car.

15. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

:icon_lol: Blackice wins the thread

16. yocan

yocan Orange Belt

I think yo need to be nice to him. He obviously thought you were less than you were but at least when he understood he agreed with you.

Why is this up again I have no idea, but the only thing like no Ive used and really liked was jack3d. a whole lot cheaper then no, and has the same stuff in it (caffeine and its brother) biggest benenfit IMO is it physically warms you up causing you to drink water and move around before working out causing you to loosen up before getting in there. I do not find I can lift anymore but I do find I can lift longer. But the biggest benefit IMO if you do it right, it helps you not crash after you workout, so I don't fall asleep in class.

oh it says 30 minutes before a workout, wait an hour, they say that cause at about 45 minutes yo start to get jittery... but if you are already exercising you won't be jittery due to exercise obviously, and they are scared that will eliminate clients.

17. xX~RUSH~Xx

xX~RUSH~Xx Green Belt

Nitrous oxide sucks. If you are going to buy a Pre workout I would suggest Jack3d or White flood.

18. xX~RUSH~Xx

xX~RUSH~Xx Green Belt

Where the hell do you have to pay 100 dollars for any supp? GNC?

19. livingdeadmoose

livingdeadmoose Silver Belt

I see that a lot of people saying that NO products are crap and I agree with you. I am a long time supplement user and I work at GNC. Since I get a discount I have gone through so many N.O. products. I have been disappointed over and over again. But there is actually one product that gave me huge pumps like it promised it would. Try out Trac Extreme N.O. by MHP. Only actuall good NO product out there. No caffiene either. TS, look up this product. I love it. Other than that, they are all garbage.

20. dza76wutang

dza76wutang Black Belt

Not really agreed with me, more like, he got a minor bruise from me verbally and wanted to retreat to the register. I couldn't accurately convey his tone/body language, but it was "hey you're a dummy; I know more than you cuz I work at GNC" until I showed him what WPC is then it was "oh man I think I just goofed". I know it was probably MORE driven by a desire to upsell me to the most expensive stuff in the protein aisle (is it still Isopure?) by seeming knowledgeable/confident but not listening to me when I knew exactly what I was looking for was rude (interrupting me when I was saying I want WPC, attempting to make me sound/feel like ignorant for not understanding what isolates are) so I decided to be a tad rude myself.