No such thing as a sure bet in MMA

I don't know man. Silva vs Bonnar was like safest bet i made my whole life
Still a 230 pound guy on steroids swinging punches at you. Sure the skill levels were nowhere close, but there was always a danger of something heavy connecting. I would bet Silva, but wouldn't be nearly as confident.

With women's 125 even if Valentina makes a mistake and eats a shot, it's so unlikely to end the fight. She's the only one knocking people out in that division, and on the ground she's possibly even more deadly.

Last edited:
It factually isn’t, considering there’s still a quarter of the year left.

plus, Poirier/Hooker already surpassed the WMMA anomaly you’re mentioning.

It’s woman’s fight of the year, though.
Poirier-Hooker Round 2 was an amazing round, but rounds 4 and 5 were only ok.

Zhang-Jedrzejczyk was fire from start to finish. Only irrational WMMA haters deny that it's Fight of the Year.

Zhang-Jedrzejczyk was fire from start to finish. Only irrational WMMA haters deny that it's Fight of the Year.
Or only an irrational hater would accuse you of being one just for disagreeing on something that’s as subjective as that. I’ve seen fights that I enjoyed more this year, does that mean I hate women LOL

Poirier-Hooker Round 2 was an amazing round, but rounds 4 and 5 were only ok.

Maybe some of us arent manlets who can actually fight and are not impressed at all by two tiny females fighting. You guys are the same type of people that thought Rousey could beat grown men in a fight lmao. Bunch of weak men getting hyped over two tiny broads having a scrap LOL. Sad

Maybe some of us arent manlets who can actually fight and are not impressed at all by two tiny females fighting. You guys are the same type of people that thought Rousey could beat grown men in a fight lmao. Bunch of weak men getting hyped over two tiny broads having a scrap LOL. Sad
Lol. You didn't watch the fight, did you?

Lol. You didn't watch the fight, did you?
I did and I thought JJ was robbed. She is one of the few wmma fighters that actually have legit skill/technique. Yes ill admit some of them are entertaining, but I really have zero investment in watching them, and they for sure do not belong on main card UFC's. It was a good scrap, but at the end of the day they are both tiny weak little girls. I dont understand why people would pay to see them or be invested in them at all

Dude this is wmma. Stop comparing to regular mma. Calderwood is not a professional athlete. She is not a top 10 fighter. This is what happens when you put ppl in a cage who aren’t athletes. You get idiots like Joanne Calderwood. Who actually believe they have a shot at being an elite mma champion. Wmma is just a joke. She’s a microcosm of wmma as a whole. Slow unathletic unskilled almost 0 fight IQ, and COMPLETELY unaware of it.
Man, you put it pretty bluntly. But it is hard to disagree. Imagine how fun WMMA would be if every fighter was like Rose, Andrade, Nunes, Shev, Joanna or Weili. I mean that really is the short list of truly high skilled WMMA fighters in the UFC. Julia Budd is good as well.

On the whole you're right though. You can tell the difference btwn an actual kickboxer vs a chick who is repeating mitt exercises without setting up shots or using footwork. I feel like 80% of the WMMA roster could honestly get the Joe Rogan/Brendan Schaub conversation. Le sigh. I wish it wasn't so though

Good pick but I'd put it on Amanda Nunes.
Amanda > Valentina at 135. Valentina > Amanda at 125, if Amanda could even make it. She claims she could but seeing is believing. Perhaps a fight at 130 to determine P4P best.

I did and I thought JJ was robbed. She is one of the few wmma fighters that actually have legit skill/technique. Yes ill admit some of them are entertaining, but I really have zero investment in watching them, and they for sure do not belong on main card UFC's. It was a good scrap, but at the end of the day they are both tiny weak little girls. I dont understand why people would pay to see them or be invested in them at all
If you thought either fighter was robbed in that fight, it pretty much eliminates taking seriously anything else you have to say.

But if I had to drop my life savings on any fight with a gun to my head, I would put it on Valentina Shevchenko vs whoever in her weight class is crazy enough to fight her.

LOL @ all the people acting like Calderwood blew her chance at getting a title. She doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Shevchenko, and I don't blame her for taking last night's fight.

In the end she got paid, and the fans are spared of having to watch such a gross mismatch headline an event while the commentators somehow try to convince us it's something other than a public execution. Valentina and Amanda shouldn't be fighting anyone aside from each other to be honest, anything else is just a snuff film at this point.
Jones has been as solid a bet as it gets.

Jones has been as solid a bet as it gets.
Sure but I bet everyone who put money on him recently was sweating as the decisions were being read in his last few flights. He still winning, but he’s no longer that dominant like earlier in his career. Valentina is head and shoulders above everyone else and it’s not close in that division.

Yah calderwood didnt stand a chance. She got that cody neck tats ability to run into the same punch over and over like against Moroz.

Val is an elite kickboxer/mma fighter ,and Calderwood is not an elite anything.

Boxing and wrestling fans can enjoy a good fight on its own terms. Only MMA fans watch fights and ask themselves, "can the fighters have their way with me?" Only if the answer is yes is it a good fight.

MMA fans are weird.

Fight of the Year is WMMA.

WMMA haters are the joke.
The year isn't over and 99% of WMMA fighters are not good. 10 or so worth watching and the rest look like women who train here and there as a hobby.

JJ vs Zhang was a great fight though.

But if I had to drop my life savings on any fight with a gun to my head, I would put it on Valentina Shevchenko vs whoever in her weight class is crazy enough to fight her.

LOL @ all the people acting like Calderwood blew her chance at getting a title. She doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Shevchenko, and I don't blame her for taking last night's fight.

In the end she got paid, and the fans are spared of having to watch such a gross mismatch headline an event while the commentators somehow try to convince us it's something other than a public execution. Valentina and Amanda shouldn't be fighting anyone aside from each other to be honest, anything else is just a snuff film at this point.
Muradov - Jotko - Iam sure that Muradov will win , reason? By what i know corona didnt interrupt his trainings in MMA Monster Prague and his second gym is MMA Ankos (Poland) - His sparrings and coaches know Jotko very well .. My tip is 2 round high kick KO

Last edited:
Well being that the current 125 womens division can actually broken into two parts . Valentina and then everyone else, then you're really just going out on a limb if champ suffered some freak injury in fight as she is a 9-1 or higher favorite over everyone. No offense to Valentina but division should be ceased. Let her fight at 135. The UFC just doesn't have enough legitimate talent at 125 in women's division........and i don't even know what u call the 145 class. What is that ?

Conor would never defend a title

He will have more retirements than wins by the time he retires for good

Those are sure bets

Back