No So Soon...Sorry No Rematch For You (Yet)

he wont get one against cain for a long time
because when Alistar meets Big Foot in the cage it will be a devestating finish from the man no, the God Overeem via right hook from hell that will catapault him to his rightful title that he has earned over a decade of greatness.

KharitonovOvereem1.gif

He didn't get his bb from nogs, he already left blackhouse. I do hope he doesnt get rematch too soon but dana said at the post fight presser if cain beats reem jds 3 probably makes the most sense. Id like to see him fight at least another 3 opponents first.

Cain got a rematch after only 1 win. And that was after being totally blown out by JDS. JDS should get the same easy road back. I was actually surprised Cain got his rematch as early as he did.

JDS reflects on loss. Speaking with Brazil's SporTV, Junior dos Santos admitted to using the "wrong strategy" in his loss to Cain Velasquez, worrying too much about takedowns, not protecting himself properly, and not taking advantage of his jiu-jitsu. Dos Santos also said of a rubber match: "I want now, soon."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/1/38...rematch-cain-velasquez-ufc-155-wrong-strategy

I was a huge JDS fan and I was rooting for him against CV at 155. However, throughout the course of the fight I was wondering where the heck is that so called BJJ black belt everyone keeps touting he has from the Nogs. Constantly, it's been said that he had been training in BJJ before he even got into striking in 2006.

I said it the day after his beating under the hands of CV that JDS needs to move the out of his current gym and go someplace where he can be thought to be an all around fighter with 'a strategy'. Many will say he has great coaches. But, sometimes it's not about what they've done for you but rather what more can they do.

JDS should really take this experience much like GSP did with Serra. He needs to make a change. Primarily because it wasn't like him losing to CV was even that close. It was a completely humiliation. So, he needs to take at least a year to regroup. Otherwise, given the outcome of 155 the same fate awaits him in the rubber match. He's kidding himself if he thinks an immediate rematch is in the cards.

Immediete??? No....Cain had to fight once and have a convincing win to get at a shot. Same with Junior........one good fight and he gets his rematch.

About his BJJ?? JDS made it clear that he trained a lot of BJJ and wanted to use it, but his coaches kept telling him to get up everytime he went down.

JDS needs to fix a few minor things......and he will be right back to KO`ing Cain within a round.

He didn't get his bb from nogs, he already left blackhouse. I do hope he doesnt get rematch too soon but dana said at the post fight presser if cain beats reem jds 3 probably makes the most sense. Id like to see him fight at least another 3 opponents first.

3 opponents? What are you joking??? The guy is the last champ at HW, he will not fight 3 guys to get another title shot. 1 to 2 guys max....and that is max. Hw is thin in terms of contenders...........i would be surprised if JDS has to win twice to get his shot.

Back