No scientific proof that flossing incurs any benefits

?

• Total voters
Wait so removing debris that would eventually lead to decay is not a benefit, news to me.

It's stupid, the study is in relation to flossing getting rid of plaque(well, one I read the other day, didn't click the link in this thread, but I assume it's the same shit), but that isn't the fucking point of flossing. Flossing is to remove rotting food from between your teeth and to stimulate and keep your gums healthy, keep the breath fresh from lack of rotting produce/meat in your mouth, etc. Brushing is for plaque.

I used to floss daily and used to get scaling/cleaning done like 3 times a year. In these past three years I rarely flossed and got scaling/cleaning done only like twice in 3 years. The last one was just a few weeks back and I went in thinking I must have ruined my teeth by now. To my surprise, there was not a single problem. Flossing may very well be overrated.

I can easily recognize the breath of someone that doesn't floss.

These bureaucrat wannabee scientists at the ADA are pretty useless. Off with their heads!

the field of dentistry hasn't been conducting basic research into basic practices. It's best to floss prolly because you are getting rid of decaying shit that may be hard to brush away. That said, to the person who said there's no downside to flossing- that may not be true. Perhaps it harms the gums in some way. You don't really know until you've evaluated it in an unbiased manner, which is what needs to be done instead of the way dentists have been going about things

I'm still hella finna floss.

the field of dentistry hasn't been conducting basic research into basic practices. It's best to floss prolly because you are getting rid of decaying shit that may be hard to brush away. That said, to the person who said there's no downside to flossing- that may not be true. Perhaps it harms the gums in some way. You don't really know until you've evaluated it in an unbiased manner, which is what needs to be done instead of the way dentists have been going about things

The current method is fine. You ask seven dentists and if four of them say the same thing, we're good, move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back