"No Rules" Ronda Rousey Vs Floyd... Lets take "No rules" to Reality

Congats. You've managed to compare a refined sport, in wich, combatants use strictly straight forward punching with 10 ounce gloves .. to a NO RULES streetfight. Winner, winner, chicky-dinner right here.

Can you tell me a fight where a pure striker beats a grappler? I can't remember of any.

Congats. You've managed to compare a refined sport, in wich, combatants use strictly straight forward punching with 10 ounce gloves .. to a NO RULES streetfight. Winner, winner, chicky-dinner right here.

He only has one chance, to ko her in the first exchange. This isn't boxing, a street fight (much like an mma fight) has grappling

Boxers are notorious for having terrible td defense (see James toney) because they don't practice tds and leave too much weight on there front foot. It was proven at ufc one (art jimmerson) grapples have beaten straight boxers time and time again. I believe the average sherdogger with a couple years mma training, would beat floyd

no rules means ok for hair pulling? if that, i got floyd.

Sorry, which sport?

Boxers are notorious for having terrible td defense (see James toney) because they don't practice tds and leave too much weight on there front foot. It was proven at ufc one (art jimmerson) grapples have beaten straight boxers time and time again. I believe the average sherdogger with a couple years mma training, would beat floyd

I mean, I get the sentiment, but if we're going off of sample sizes that small, what do we make of 48 year old Ray Mercer KOing a top 10 HW in less than 5 seconds? Shit, Ray Mercer has the same amount of top 10 wins as Michael Bisping in the sport of MMA.

If Ronda succesfully clinches with Mayweather, then Mayweather is in trouble.

If Ronda tries to strike with Mayweather for more than 10 seconds, she's butchered.

Overall, this shit needs to just fucking stop. This Mayweather/Rousey 'drama' is weak.

Floyd would be too scared to fight. He would run away and call the cops.

Floyd would be too scared to fight. He would run away and call the cops.

Exactly! Floyd is a coward. He's scared of fighting any relevant male fighter. He's a massive media fabrication. He's never really faced anyone relevant. All of the ratings for the last 18 years have been conjured by Floyd. His near 25 top 10 rated wins over 6 weight classes are an elaborate deception. It was a brilliant moment for you to see through the facade. Kudos!

I mean, I get the sentiment, but if we're going off of sample sizes that small, what do we make of 48 year old Ray Mercer KOing a top 10 HW in less than 5 seconds? Shit, Ray Mercer has the same amount of top 10 wins as Michael Bisping in the sport of MMA.

Let's ignore the fact that Tim Sylvia chose to stand with him instead of taking the fight to the ground like the top 5 Kimbo Slice did

Let's ignore the fact that Tim Sylvia chose to stand with him instead of taking the fight to the ground like the top 5 Kimbo Slice did

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that the fight was sanctioned (because it wasn't). I also wasn't aware of the fact that Ray has dabbled in fixed fights (that might be a point for you to pursue when he cold-cocked Sylvia). Shit, even so, it doesn't wipe out the fact that Ray KO'd a top 10 MMA fighter in less than 5 seconds.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that the fight was sanctioned. I also wasn't aware of the fact that Ray has dabbled in fixed fights. Shit, even so, it doesn't wipe out the fact that Ray KO'd a top 10 MMA fighter in less than 5 seconds.

Handy (47? 48?) beat one of the greatest boxers of all time without breaking a sweat, whats your point?

Handy (47? 48?) beat one of the greatest boxers of all time without breaking a sweat, whats your point?

James Toney probably doesn't break anyone's top 100 list and he was more than 10 years and around 70 pounds past his prime, on top of the fact that he was already publicly diagnosed with brain damage. I mean, that's cool if you're the man who heads the hopes of the perennial little brother sport and don't actually know anything about what you're talking about, but the way you make it sound, Randy beat fucking Muhammad Ali or Joe Louis in their respective primes, and that's simply not the case.

James Toney probably doesn't break anyone's top 100 list and he was more than 10 years and around 70 pounds past his prime, on top of the fact that he was already publicly diagnosed with brain damage. I mean, that's cool if you're the man who heads the hopes of the perennial little brother sport and don't actually know anything about what you're talking about, but the way you make it sound, Randy beat fucking Muhammad Ali or Joe Louis in their respective primes, and that's simply not the case.

I would put Toney in top100 for sure maybe even top50, his defense and counter punching is beautiful. Youre the one making it sound like Mercer knocking out Timber means something so yeah right back at you, it doesnt.

if they came without any grappling training no doubt Randy would beat them

all MMA fighters that come from a single art have to train all areas why would it be any different for boxers?

I would put Toney in top100 for sure maybe even top50, his defense and counter punching is beautiful. Youre the one making it sound like Mercer knocking out Timber means something so yeah right back at you, it doesnt.

lol, generally speaking, I understand that top class boxing (a skill, more or less never seen in the sport of MMA near primed), needs to be accompanied with at least decent takedown defesnse to be considered a skill that will make one at least close to elite. I'm a fan of both sports, I'm not some **** who only flies his flag on one side yet decides to speak on both sports. James Toney was last competent (and, he was only competent because of his great boxing mind and skills well past when he should have been considering his terrible physical condition) in earnest in the HW division about 3 years prior in boxing. In a sport where his lifelong skills of cunning, reaction of general skill were only half useful and the rest of his physical skills (which had been at the most pathetic level imaginable for a pro athlete since around the time he beat Ruiz, or probably Jirov, if we're being realistic), he was a tad out of his depth. James Toney when he had his shit halfway together, in the right circumstances, was a beautiful fighter (and incredibly gritty, as well). That shit happened before the year 2005 struck, though.

lol, generally speaking, I understand that top class boxing (a skill, more or less never seen in the sport of MMA near primed), needs to be accompanied with at least decent takedown defesnse to be considered a skill that will make one at least close to elite. I'm a fan of both sports, I'm not some **** who only flies his flag on one side yet decides to speak on both sports. James Toney was last competent (and, he was only competent because of his great boxing mind and skills well past when he should have been considering his terrible physical condition) in earnest in the HW division about 3 years prior in boxing. In a sport where his lifelong skills of cunning, reaction of general skill were only half useful and the rest of his physical skills (which had been at the most pathetic level imaginable for a pro athlete since around the time he beat Ruiz, or probably Jirov, if we're being realistic), he was a tad out of his depth. James Toney when he had his shit halfway together, in the right circumstances, was a beautiful fighter (and incredibly gritty, as well). That shit happened before the year 2005 struck, though.

I agree with everything you just said.

if they came without any grappling training no doubt Randy would beat them

all MMA fighters that come from a single art have to train all areas why would it be any different for boxers?

It obviously wouldn't, but why wouldn't said boxers train in said arts and so on. These were the best individual athletes of the day with exceptionally pertinent martial arts skills. At least some of them might be decent you'd think. Probably most of them (as in top HWs), especially considering the desolate state of the HW division. Of course, the point to be made is always going to be: why would they? The answer is: they wouldn't, because boxing brings the cash and the bitches. The ultimate answer is let's take fucking 3 months and stop comparing boxing and MMA just for awhile.

Back