No RR/Cyborg fight? Fine. So.....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by mmmjojo, Aug 19, 2015.

1. mmmjojo

mmmjojo Tapped in 1.3 secs

Could we get RR/Nunes instead? I know Tate has "earned" her shot but let's be real, she's not gonna win anyway. I'm not saying Nunes will either but at least it's someone different and she has looked good in her wins so promoting shouldn't be hard. But another fight with Tate is redundant to the point where the outcome is almost a formality. Maybe after Nunes, Rousey could ride off into Hollywood and then Tate can fight for the vacant belt.

2. Skydome

Skydome Banned Banned

Tate 3 is already set in stone. It's happening. Nunes just got TKO'd by Cat like 2 fights ago.

3. VinceArch

VinceArch Venom in the veins.

I'm sure Nunes will get her shot before all is said and done. If Betche can get one, almost anyone can.

4. IWANTTOTRAINUFC

IWANTTOTRAINUFC Green Belt

Tate, Nunes, Holms...I think that'll be the line up for Rousey's next opponents.

WBW isn't exactly a shark tank with Rousey as the champ, why would the UFC make it harder on themselves by eliminating a top fighter from the picture when it's not exactly easy finding their champ opponents.

5. Toxxus

Toxxus The Ancient One

Nunes is the best competition I see for Ronda currently. Her striking is very good and she looked solid on the ground in her last fight.

6. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

I have no desire to see Tate get another shot, but I guess she earned it. She's going to get ragdolled, dominated, and submitted again.

I'd have no problem with Nunes getting a shot after that. She's going to lose too, but at least there is some interest there, since it hasn't happened yet.

The UFC needs to cut most of these female BW and look for some real talent. Most of these people should not be fighting professionally, should not be fighting in the UFC, and should not be fighting on PPV or main cards.
    I shouldn't even know who Shayna Baszler and Jessamyn Duke are.

7. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

The SECOND Cyborg says she can make 135 that fight needs/needed to be made. I will not watch RR get fed easier fights when she never actually took the 1 spot from Justino. Neither should you. The ufc pushing her so hard that they can't afford for her to lose is becoming a conflict of interests.. With the ufcs investment and financial interests vs the integrity of sport being the two interests. I'm on board with wmma as part of the sport, but make the damn fight you HAVE to make.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  8. CRuck1980

CRuck1980 Gold Belt

Cyborg's status as #1 was already fraudulent. She already agreed to the weight so she needs to hurry up and take the fight

9. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Cyborgs test result is the only way the f word you used has any validity.. Cyborg fought the best she could and annihilated like Rousey. Their resumes are not that different.

10. suffersystem

suffersystem Brown Belt

Thought I read a post from Tito where he kind of backtracked the whole december Cyborg fight and said she is going down to 135? She does that she gets a title fight, but I really don't think she honestly will or wants to.

11. Taric

Taric Gold Belt

Both their competition is crap. People can argue over crap resumes all day, but in the end shit is shit.
    WMMA. It's just how it goes.

12. Dropkick Murphy

Dropkick Murphy Orange Belt

This is how it would happen:Cyborg would win the first fight easily by KO round 1 maybe even...RR wins the rematch...Its just how it is and i'm sorry if you don't like it...

13. WayneArbeau

WayneArbeau White Belt

more money in ronda vs. miesha 3 than ronda vs. nunes, at least right now.

nunes has only won 2 in a row, and a win over 2015 shayna baszler should barely even count.

she'll get her shot eventually, but she needs to beat somebody credible first. i can see them doing her vs. the winner of eye/pena, maybe? (i think pena will win that fight, pena vs. nunes winner getting a shot against ronda isn't the worst booking idea.)

14. Fight Professor

Fight Professor Gold Belt

I am sure Nunes or Nunes/Holm winner will be the next contender after Tate.

15. WayneArbeau

WayneArbeau White Belt

yeah, i think this is the most realistic order of challengers. throw cyborg in there too, if she ever decides she wants to drop to 135 and make some real fuckin money.

16. WayneArbeau

WayneArbeau White Belt

i can't see them giving Holm that tough of an opponent yet.

is Alexis Davis healthy? i can see that being a good match-up.

17. vladimir

vladimir Yellow Belt

Quantity of posts is no indication of quality, is it.

18. RoscoeRufus

RoscoeRufus Lineal Pootie Tang Belt Champion

Nunes/ Holm vs. Eye/ Pena?

winner gets title shot.

19. SeattleFightFan

SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

you probably will, don't worry.

she was moving up and hit a wall called Cat. now she's moving back up. it's how these things work, son.

if she wins once or twice more you'll get your wish. if she cannot get 1 or 2 more wins against top contenders....well, then she falls back down the ladder again.

20. Rubberneck76

Rubberneck76 Alizée Belt Platinum Member

Settle down its going to be Ronda vs Cyborg at UFC 200. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this stuff out. Fortunately for all of you there is an engineer on the case.