No Pride No Life

I remember being so stoked on Sokudjou, I thought he was going to be the next big thing. Such good days. The New Years eve shows where always the best. I was in high school and I was a Pride fan and the only other kid into MMA, now my best friend, was a UFC fan, it was great having that rivalry and talking about dream match ups.

Arona only has 2 true losses, sokoudju and Shogun, every other loss was BS

Damn rampage and his illegal headbutting, I hope he gets demolished by glover

An illegal headbutt insinuates intent. The two collided heads after Rampage lifted him 7 feet in the air and slammed him on the back of his head, which bounced like a basketball. The ref made the right call. Legit loss for Arona.

dana will get his up'n comings for killing Pride!

Arona got KOd by the slam. Anyone who doesn't think that needs to have their head checked.

Thats your oppinion man
I guess you can call it an opinion, but it still stands as a loss, and there is a good reason to say the refsse the right call. It wasn't an illegal headbutt. A headbutt is when a guy uses his head as a weapon. They collided heads due to momentum. Had Arona been dropped by a collision of heads, then I can see a possible NC. The fact that he was planted on the back of his skull from 7 feet in the air and out cold less than a second later, it would have been a pretty harsh assumption by the ref to determine on the spot that it was the head collision that caused the KO. Not even a replay can clearly determine it. It would be similar to calling Tito/Tanner a NC, though even that would be less harsh given the extent of the slam wasn't nearly as bad.

According to Arona, he doesn't have any legit losses. :icon_neut

I really do miss it. Pride was so much fun. Great show. All good things come to an end. Sadly.

An illegal headbutt insinuates intent. The two collided heads after Rampage lifted him 7 feet in the air and slammed him on the back of his head, which bounced like a basketball. The ref made the right call. Legit loss for Arona.

Actually the force of the slam is what knocked out Arona. He got ragdolled legally. Sorry friend. This ain't Abu Dhabi.

...you can't even compare PRIDE to UFC, the difference is huge it's so crazy. Just to think about comparing them, is ridiculous, PRIDE all the way.

I guess you can call it an opinion, but it still stands as a loss, and there is a good reason to say the refsse the right call. It wasn't an illegal headbutt. A headbutt is when a guy uses his head as a weapon. They collided heads due to momentum. Had Arona been dropped by a collision of heads, then I can see a possible NC. The fact that he was planted on the back of his skull from 7 feet in the air and out cold less than a second later, it would have been a pretty harsh assumption by the ref to determine on the spot that it was the head collision that caused the KO. Not even a replay can clearly determine it. It would be similar to calling Tito/Tanner a NC, though even that would be less harsh given the extent of the slam wasn't nearly as bad.

Look im no expert, but the courses I took in medschool about brain trauma tell me that the momentum from the slam was only so amazing due to the "accidental" headbutt, that what caused aronas head to go to a sudden stop.

Our brain is immersed in fluid, so when our forehead hits a wall, its the occipital lobe that will receive the most damage (the area near the back of the head).

When the area on the back of our skull hits something the pre frontal cortex is the area affected, thats an important distinction, because the way arona was "out" he was more stunned and confused than completely KOed, which means the back of the brain suffered the most trauma

Which means most of the KO element came from the stun the headbutt caused and the follow up punches led to the complete KO

I don't miss the long ass intros, the annoying screaming lady and specifically the dude in almost bare ass in that drums, that was horrible.

Yeah, I just skipped all of that shit whenever I rewatch a PRIDE event.

Look im no expert, but the courses I took in medschool about brain trauma tell me that the momentum from the slam was only so amazing due to the "accidental" headbutt, that what caused aronas head to go to a sudden stop.

Our brain is immersed in fluid, so when our forehead hits a wall, its the occipital lobe that will receive the most damage (the area near the back of the head).

When the area on the back of our skull hits something the pre frontal cortex is the area affected, thats an important distinction, because the way arona was "out" he was more stunned and confused than completely KOed, which means the back of the brain suffered the most trauma

Which means most of the KO element came from the stun the headbutt caused and the follow up punches led to the complete KO
People can be stunned or completely lose consciousness from any trauma to the brain.

Actually the force of the slam is what knocked out Arona. He got ragdolled legally. Sorry friend. This ain't Abu Dhabi.
Sorry to me? I'm saying that the ref made the right call.

what's the best way of figuring out whether or not they were around at the time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back