No Pride No Life

Seeing that part again where Helio shakes Saku's hand just gave me chills!

i'm not a fan of the elbows, the cuts!!

so what about the cuts, they don't really stop fights for cuts

fighters should be able to fight with more not less (unified rules + knees + kicks to the head on the ground)

To master Sonnen, this is Dan Henderson. A former Pride fighter and Chael's mentor.

This is his comments about Chael's remarks on Pride at 1:10 minutes.

To master Sonnen, this is Dan Henderson. A former Pride fighter and Chael's mentor.

This is his comments about Chael's remarks on Pride at 1:10 minutes.

Im a huge Dan "Hollywood" Henderson fan. Most of the fights that were fixed in pride were for the Japanese. I really could not hear the video,because the dog is barking and my family is loud as hell and they are airing up a matress.

Pride was alright if you overlooked the sanctioned roiding, fixed fights, corruption and horribly overrated fighters. Pride fans were obnoxious, holier-than-thou shitheads who deserved to watch it die, though.

It's been funny watching the pride myth demolished as PRIDE went under and all of it's best fighters mysteriously started getting their shit packed in in the UFC.

Pride was alright if you overlooked the sanctioned roiding, fixed fights, corruption and horribly overrated fighters. Pride fans were obnoxious, holier-than-thou shitheads who deserved to watch it die, though.

It's been funny watching the pride myth demolished as PRIDE went under and all of it's best fighters mysteriously started getting their shit packed in in the UFC.

Which is why they became champions, right?

Which is why they became champions, right?
Right, Nog and Crocop just tore the HW division to pieces. Fedor is the P4P GOAT. Wandy is one of the best LHW fighters in the world.

Shogun at least proved that when he's on his game he's top 5 material, but his GOAT LHW status during PRIDE was laughable.

Right, Nog and Crocop just tore the HW division to pieces. Fedor is the P4P GOAT. Wandy is one of the best LHW fighters in the world.

Shogun at least proved that when he's on his game he's top 5 material, but his GOAT LHW status during PRIDE was laughable.

Nogueira won the interim championship and defeated two former champions (Couture and Sylvia). Rampage won the lhw title and then unified it (defeating Dan Henderson), and Shogun defeated Minotouro, Overeem and Arona (Overeem and Arona on the same night) that's hardly laughable.

Why the hell are you shitting on the Pride fighters?

Edit: Forgot to mention Mark Hunt and Werdum. And now we got Overeem in the UFC, also a former Pride fighter.

Nogueira won the interim championship and defeated two former champions (Couture and Sylvia). Rampage won the lhw title and then unified it (defeating Dan Henderson), and Shogun defeated Minotouro, Overeem and Arona (Overeem and Arona on the same night) that's hardly laughable.

Why the hell are you shitting on the Pride fighters?
I'm not shitting on them; I'm saying that they were horribly overrated in PRIDE, not that they were talentless bums. The ones that did have some distinguishable talent have done decently well for themselves in the UFC, but let's not pretend PRIDE wasn't a complete farce.

wand! the rules helped, ufc is watered down mma.

lol dana sending their biggest star over to pride.... poor chuck.
Chuck was not their biggest star at the time. He had just been stopped by Randy, who was set for a unification bout with Tito when they sent Chuck over.

I'm not shitting on them; I'm saying that they were horribly overrated in PRIDE, not that they were talentless bums. The ones that did have some distinguishable talent have done decently well for themselves in the UFC, but let's not pretend PRIDE wasn't a complete farce.

of course Pride wasnt a "complete" farce, but it id have farcical elements to it.

PRIDE was an epic event that made me feel like a kid on christmas opening up his presents!! I was litterally was crying when i was at pride 33 live.

Im a huge Dan "Hollywood" Henderson fan. Most of the fights that were fixed in pride were for the Japanese. I really could not hear the video,because the dog is barking and my family is loud as hell and they are airing up a matress.
Royce/Yoshida I was a compete screw job. I'd consider that a fix, as was Mezger/Sakuraba. Mezger indicated that he had people offer him money to not take a fight to the ground with Satake, who had no ground game. Then there's the whole Rampage debacle where they offered a bonus if he got put to sleep. The fighters would get late minute notice for big fights. It was a very shady promotion. I was never into the pro-wrestling production, the freak show fights, the random assignments of the tournament brackets, or the multiple fights in one night.

That aside, they put on some stacked cards. While I think the top guys in the UFC were right there with the top guys in PRIDE, PRIDE definitely had the deeper talent pool and put together strong cards.

Shoguns run of beating Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem 2x, Arona, Kazu, Snake, etc as pretty remarkable. It's certainly comparable to anyone's streak even to this day.

And please, do not bring up JBJ, yes, he beat Rampage and Shogun, but to think those fighters are the same or better than the ones in 05 just shows that you are a nuthugger.

Also, BigNog defeated a slew of great fighters in his career. To this day, he still has one of the greatest resume's in the entire sport. To even question him is ridiculous. Cro Cop is a legend for what he did, how he did it, and when he did it. Sorry you don't seem to understand, but the sport wasn't quite as evolved as it is today. You didnt have genetic freaks who had been training for MMA for 10 years.

You can shit talk all you want about certain particular fights and I can counter with the UFC doing the same.

PRIDE was cool but i don't understand the fanboyism about it. it's fighters were not miles ahead of the UFC's (even though they had more top fighters then the UFC at the time). To me PRIDE has became a "hipster thing" and is comparable to when people bring up the "90's".

Back