No Philippou threads?

Eh... I don't know about that he has just ended his two fight losing streak. I was thinking maybe Costa vs Bisping would be a fun fight even though he is coming off a loss.

Oh shit, that would be interesting. I like it.

Too much talk about Brown either being the GOAT or a can.

Costa looked like a man on a mission today. Walked right through Larkin's punches, even though they looked hard and sounded like a baseball bat hitting Philippou's face. Beautiful KO.

Who should he fight next and what is his ceiling in the division?

Upper top 10 is his ceiling. It was a good fight. He has heavy hands but average technique in a few areas.

Eh... I don't know about that he has just ended his two fight losing streak. I was thinking maybe Costa vs Bisping would be a fun fight even though he is coming off a loss.
Good call. Fight makes sense and would b interesting for sure

He looked really good and I was always a fan but after seeing what Rockholt did to him even if it wasn't the best verson of Costa I have little hope for him. Getting wrestlefucked by Carmont I thought was one thing even though i was extremely disappointed but getting outstruck that easily and finished in the first round is horrible if you're a striker it's the only thing he has and apparently it isn't good enough at least if he has to deal with kicks.

Just glad he's back in the win coloum . I think he gets to much hate around here

He looked like a different fighter. He was fast and sharp. I thought Larkin had this fight for sure. He looked a little extra in shape to me. I know he never tested hot and I'm hoping he doesn't this time either. Not trying to hate. I just have a feeling.

I was more impressed with Larkin to be honest..
A shame he lost only.

I wasn't thrilled with his cheating mentality.

He looked really good. That cage hold was dirty, though. Can't believe the ref didn't notice.

Am I the only one that thought TS meant Philippou the sherdog poster?

The stomps were brutal, dunno how effective they are but damn they must hurt

Costas was great tonight. Larkin's punches where out of this world, I had not seen him fought before, and I remember thinking, Costas will get decapitated pretty soon. He got connected at least four times, eaten them up, and kept walking forward. Towards the third minute mark, Larkin started backpedaling, like wtf it takes to take this guy down. Great great fight by Costas against a brutal striker.

I literally said "I think Phillipou's about to get knocked the fuck out-" exactly as he landed the knock out blow.

i did the same. i still think Costas is not a very good fighter, but i can't doubt his diesel power anymore. the danger in his hands is for real.

Costas looked like a straight up monster in that fight. My jaw dropped when I saw him eating those brutal punches from Larkin and just walking forward.

Too bad his wrestling sucks. Can't see him doing too well against Romero, Kennedy, and Jacare who are the guys he'd have to fight in order to move up.

There was a disturbing lack of defense in that fight - from both fighters. But particularly from Larkin. You can't throw with that level of lack of defense against a trained boxer. Extremely sloppy and reckless striking by Larkin.

Yeah, he was quality last night, enjoyed the fight a lot while it lasted, Larkin is lucky he's an exciting striker or else that wouldve been his last UFC fight, IMO.

Costa is awesome but he wont ever be a contender, his wrestling is too poor.

Back