No other BJJ guy has a better sweep-game than Maia

it's been about 5 years ago but didn't shields get the better of him on the ground, even when Maia got most of the takedowns so started on top.
Shields layed and prayed on him with wrestling and control from the top. He took zero risks, but yeah... he won that fight.

I respect his skills, but his overall BJJ approach doesn’t excite me as much as Kron’s, for example.

Shields layed and prayed on him with wrestling and control from the top. He took zero risks, but yeah... he won that fight.
but didn't Shields sweep him a few times? I just watched it live and never again but it's seems like Maia was the one getting the takedowns then Shields would sweep him.

but didn't Shields sweep him a few times? I just watched it live and never again but it's seems like Maia was the one getting the takedowns then Shields would sweep him.

He res versed him 2 times, Maia got one back take and the only 2 tds in the fight. Jake also stays in Maia’s guard and did nothing to try to improve the position... he won that fight in the 5th rightfully though, bu throwing more than Damian, neither did jack shit though in that round

If only he had just a tiny bit of striking, he’d be pretty dominant

He did just fine without it. People talk shit on him not being well rounded, meanwhile he chokes 98 percent of the well rounded fighters out.

Tis much easier to nullify then to actually win
That just says a lot of about Maia’s game, he tried his best and still failed miserably and lost in two of the worst title fights ever where the champion looked like they barely even tried.

He won a SD by winning a sloppy kickboxing match in round five .Maia landed more takedowns and had the most threatening positions in the grappling. Shields had a reversal and managed to lay in Maia's guard for a minute or so.

I do blame Maia, Woodley and Silva did the bare minimum and still easily won lol

In a fight that isn't exciting, blame the person doing the bare minimum. Don't blame the person trying their best.

In a fight that isn't exciting, blame the person doing the bare minimum. Don't blame the person trying their best.
Nope, I blame the person trying their best, because their skill set is the only reason the fight was dull. If they can’t accomplish jack shit being nullified, that’s their fault, not the champions.

I know people say it happens in almost every fight, but Woodley grabbed the fence against Maia at least once, and based on the Usman fight, I think that could have changed the whole fight. Alas, it's done but would have been great to see Maia win the strap. What a true martial artist.

it's been about 5 years ago but didn't shields get the better of him on the ground, even when Maia got most of the takedowns so started on top.

Shields also out wrestled Dan hendo do after getting hbombed.

How is he even doing these? Is it literally almost pure power?

Fedor bumps Nog up towards his head, so Nog's reaction is to shift his weight towards Fedor's lower body. As he shifts, Fedor also shifts his weight with Nog's, doing a sit up, and completing the reversal.

That misbalancing and reaction is the basis of most judo throws. Pull them one way, get them to react and move the other way, then blend your movement with theirs to complete the throw.

You thinking someone that only tries to take down people every fight means he's a good wrestler, you are retarded.

Yeah. that's what I said. You made a claim that he's a shitty wrestler. prove it. Let's here that analysis bro. The burden of proof of burden is on you.

Yeah. that's what I said. You made a claim that he's a shitty wrestler. prove it. Let's here that analysis bro. The burden of proof of burden is on you.

Ahaha you really are fucking retarded kid, fucking hilarious how stupid you are.

Back