No one who saw gsp in his prime

Attended ufc 79, 83 and 129.... Definitely think twood could take gsp in his prime

When I saw GSP in his prime he got finished by Matt Serra in the first round.

What I’m saying is, we don’t know how Tyron’s career will progress. Maybe he loses his next fight, maybe he continues to defend his title. We don’t know what will happen.

I agree. Tyrone talking shit about how this is the new era and all the guys he has fought are good at everything and GSP just fought the best guys of his era. Wonderboy and till are pure strikers and maia is a pure grappler. Dont see how they are more well rounded than Shields, Diaz, Kos,BJ and Condit. Woodley is dreaming if he thinks he is the 170 goat and so are the fans that buy into it.

the one that was in loss 3 of a 6 fight career ending losing streak, yes.

vs. the guy at the beginning of his career who had only lost once, and whose TDs at that point had basically never been stuffed.

apples and grapefruits.
Koscheck had just lost a SPLIT DECISION to Prime Johnny Hendricks the year before and lost to eventual champ Robbie Lawler the fight before. Stop trying to make it seem like Koscheck was some can when Woodley knocked him out. He was definitely one on the downside of his career but he was still a top 10 WW at the time (2013).

I disagree.

Been watching GSP since the first Hughes fight... he’s one of MMAs GOAT candidates BUT his resume is littered with bloated LWs(Serra x2, Sherk, Penn x 2, etc) and he DUCKED Woodley

GSP turned into a repressed wrestler after the Serra KO... he wouldn’t take down Woodley and his chin wouldn’t hold up against Tyrons power.

<seedat>
giphy-1.gif

Both guys are great gameplanners with tremendous fight IQ's, along with having top notch athleticism and all-around fight skills. It would be a fascinating matchup IMO... but yeah, I'm inclined to believe that prime GSP would win a decision over Tyron.
Totally agree!

If till had some impressive wins I'd be impressed as well

Till has looked good against fringe top 15 guys but then again so did Mike Perry

So Wonderboy isn't impressive?

here's a fact. they are one year apart in age. no reason they couldnt fight now.

Thinks Twood can hold a candle to gsp.
Fact.
Yeah this whole comparison is ridiculous. I honestly think people picking woodly are either new to mma or just pathetic virgin trolls. There isn’t another logical reason.

I'm hoping that we will get to see these guys settle it in the octagon and shut up all this speculation once and for all. This is a rare occasion when 2 of the best can actually fight each other with each at least somewhat in their prime. This wouldn't be Chuck vs Wand when both were way past their prime for example.

GSP in his prime would edge Woodley in what could easily be an uneventful fight. I could see Woodley putting GSP in BIG trouble though and very possibly finishing him. His power and speed are no joke.

Current Woodley beats current
GSP.

I disagree.

Been watching GSP since the first Hughes fight... he’s one of MMAs GOAT candidates BUT his resume is littered with bloated LWs(Serra x2, Sherk, Penn x 2, etc) and he DUCKED Woodley

GSP turned into a repressed wrestler after the Serra KO... he wouldn’t take down Woodley and his chin wouldn’t hold up against Tyrons power.

<seedat>
Ironic that you are a wanderlei fan

Talk about beating up smaller guys

How’s that ironic? The guy competed in the OWGP and fought prime Crocop x2 lol...

<36>

Most of his wins were against guys smaller than him

Only true 205 guys he beat were rampage and mezger

Most of his wins were against guys smaller than him

Only true 205 guys he beat were rampage and mezger

Wand was a small LHW and by today’s standards he’d be a MW. Arona is a TRUE 205’er and an elite one at that.

Besides fighting gatekeeper Bisping, when did GSP even BOTHER giving MW a run?

GSP is a complete fighter with many good qualities BUT let’s not act like his “mental fortitude” was always the strongest.

Current Woodley KOs any version of GSP. Styles make fights.

Plenty of MMA fans who have incredibly short memory spans, ready to call Woodley the GOAT the night after one of his few brilliant performances.

Back