No one who saw gsp in his prime

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Thinks Twood can hold a candle to gsp.
Fact.

The thing about Tyron is that he has had some very unimpressive performances, like against Maia, and then some incredibly impressive ones, like against Till.

The thing about GSP was that, even when boring, he was extremely dominant. He never had questionable victories, like Woodley had against Wonderboy 2, until the very tail end of his reign (Hendricks). Woodley would need to defend the title a solid two or three more times to be in contention.

Last edited:
GSP is the GOAT

He was holding a belt in 06'
Was still holding one in 17'

Most wins in the UFC
2 divisions champ
Won vs every opponent he faced
Most top 10 wins ever
At one point went 4yrs without losing a rd on judges scorecard.

#undisputedGOAT

Gsp's haterz, go sck a D

Last edited:
I disagree.

Been watching GSP since the first Hughes fight... he’s one of MMAs GOAT candidates BUT his resume is littered with bloated LWs(Serra x2, Sherk, Penn x 2, etc) and he DUCKED Woodley

GSP turned into a repressed wrestler after the Serra KO... he wouldn’t take down Woodley and his chin wouldn’t hold up against Tyrons power.

<seedat>

Both guys are great gameplanners with tremendous fight IQ's, along with having top notch athleticism and all-around fight skills. It would be a fascinating matchup IMO... but yeah, I'm inclined to believe that prime GSP would win a decision over Tyron.

If Matt Serra can catch him, so can Woodley.

That blistering speed Woodley has in the first few rounds is a threat of putting out anyone.

All this he ducked this guy and he ducked that guy is bullshit. If a guy turns right with you people then you all cry that he shoulda turned left. There is no way to please every douchebag. The majority of real mma fans know the guy is the goat ww.

no one in the history of WW from any era could hold a candle to GSP in his prime. the TDD and grappling that he showed against Kos in their first fight was nothing short of superhuman. no one had an answer for his game.

the fact that people try to hold the Hendricks fight against him so vehemently speaks volumes - the best they can come up with is "but someone finally gave him a close fight".

I honestly don't think gsp would get himself up for a fight with Tyron.

After hendricks, why would he want to fight the guy with the best takedown defence in the ufc atm. Plus who has dropped EVERY opponent in a title fight.

Hes already seeing aliens lol

Both guys are great gameplanners with tremendous fight IQ's, along with having top notch athleticism and all-around fight skills. It would be a fascinating matchup IMO... but yeah, I'm inclined to believe that prime GSP would win a decision over Tyron.

You didn't say anything negative about either guy.

Not sure I'm on the right forum.

I disagree.

Been watching GSP since the first Hughes fight... he’s one of MMAs GOAT candidates BUT his resume is littered with bloated LWs(Serra x2, Sherk, Penn x 2, etc) and he DUCKED Woodley

GSP turned into a repressed wrestler after the Serra KO... he wouldn’t take down Woodley and his chin wouldn’t hold up against Tyrons power.

<seedat>

LOL brasilwand no one takes what you say seriously when it comes to GSP, youve been hating him since 2006.

The thing about Tyron is that he has had some very unimpressive performances and then some incredibly impressive ones, like against Till.

The thing about GSP was that, even when boring, he was extremely dominant. He never had questionable victories, like Woodley had against Wonderboy 2, until the very tail end of his reign (Hendricks). Woodley would need to defend the title a solid two or three more times to be in contention.
matt serra . / thread

no one in the history of WW from any era could hold a candle to GSP in his prime. the TDD and grappling that he showed against Kos in their first fight was nothing short of superhuman. no one had an answer for his game.

the fact that people try to hold the Hendricks fight against him so vehemently speaks volumes - the best they can come up with is "but someone finally gave him a close fight".
the same kos that woodley ko`d ?

the same kos that woodley ko`d ?
the one that was in loss 3 of a 6 fight career ending losing streak, yes.

vs. the guy at the beginning of his career who had only lost once, and whose TDs at that point had basically never been stuffed.

apples and grapefruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back