No one should ever accept a fight against Cain Velasquez again

Writing him off completely seems like a major overreaction. He's a great fighter but that whole camp needs to figure something out. They've seriously encumbered 206 and 207 in the last month, but AKA has a much longer history of injury. I just don't know why any new fighters would consider that camp.

He didnt really pull out on this time just ran his mouth. Which is still bad, but I don't think he thought it would have this effect.

Do other sports pull people for injuries? I know other athletes will schedule procedures for the off season and continue to play if they can.
He fucking ratted himself out

Honestly he was making excuses before the fight and talked about this surgery, what did he expect to happen.

Every fighter that has fought injured has not said anything prior to the fight for reasons like this. Yes they mention it after but nothing can be down once the match is over.

Straight up fuck Cain. I will avoid any card he is on at all cost.

He didnt really pull out on this time just ran his mouth. Which is still bad, but I don't think he thought it would have this effect.

Do other sports pull people for injuries? I know other athletes will schedule procedures for the off season and continue to play if they can.

He ran his mouth so he was pulled from the fight instead of pulling out of the fight himself. Just to try to look badass, and that he was forced off the card.
At this point aka is a joke, Cormier should be stripped already, that division is like a ghost. And Cain can retire and act in a Mummy fim. As the main Mummy.

they should cut cain he isnt going to fight for at least 6 months and it will take at least 6 months for another fight

Cant train at AKA clause.

They call it "crossing the wilderness"...

522371.gif

I'd want the whole purse beforehand.

Came in to say this. As long as Cain pulls out last minute you get that show money.

Unfortunately this isn't last minute and evidently Werdum was offered replacements and declined so he may be phukd.

How does getting show money work? Wasn't there a big issue because Machida failed his drug test and Hendo wasn't getting paid?

How does getting show money work? Wasn't there a big issue because Machida failed his drug test and Hendo wasn't getting paid?
I think it's pretty arbitrary. If they like you and it's a late pull you get it.

If one of those two conditions are absent, you are screwed.

That's my understanding.

Unless they want to completely waste their time, effort and money, nobody should ever accept a fight against Veglassquez and it's laughable that he was even booked for what essentially was a number 1 contenders fight in the first place. He should just retire and stop wasting his opponents, and the fans time.
Agreed

I think it's still in cluster-fuck mode.
NSAC is saying he's out - he's probably going to meet with them/communicate with them somehow to appeal this week, with all his medicals - mulitple sources are saying that all his doctors told him he was cleared including the NSAC one apparently at some point.

Probably won't come to much though - disturbing trend for the fighters imho, in terms of finances not health, lots of guys fight injured and with preexisting conditions all the time and don't get pulled. If they're ramping up the standards a lot more guys could get pulled. Or it could be that he publically disclosed that he needed marijuana (still illegal under the NSAC even though they can't do anything about it) to get through the pain from whatever ailed him - which would be bullshit. But that's kind of what I assume is happening a bit, that and publically disclosing that he'll need surgery after this fight.

I think it's pretty arbitrary. If they like you and it's a late pull you get it.

If one of those two conditions are absent, you are screwed.

That's my understanding.
I thought it was within the last 2 or so days for them to pay it, or at least to had to weigh in to get show money.

Werdum has been offered 2 fights and said no, so now he won't get anything as he has had a chance to fight and hasn't.

Also he talked shit about reebok so yea... he aint in Danas good book

Nah in the NFL they pump them full of drugs and slap a bandaid on it and good to go

Back