No one should ever accept a fight against Cain Velasquez again

TourIsOverBoyo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Unless they want to completely waste their time, effort and money, nobody should ever accept a fight against Veglassquez and it's laughable that he was even booked for what essentially was a number 1 contenders fight in the first place. He should just retire and stop wasting his opponents, and the fans time.

He didnt really pull out on this time just ran his mouth. Which is still bad, but I don't think he thought it would have this effect.

Do other sports pull people for injuries? I know other athletes will schedule procedures for the off season and continue to play if they can.

Yo guys, I just broke my back but I am ready to fight. I'm just putting that out there.

His opponents should have a clause in their contract that they will be paid the show money at least, if he pulls out.

Yea it sucks that hes so injury prone. Its a shame, I was looking forward to sea level Cain putting a beating on Werdum

Actually, you should.

Free show money and you don't have to do shit but just do camp and some media. Don't even have to weigh in half the time. Free exposure and sort of free show money.

Paycheck and no brain damage or getting wrestle boxed against the cage for 25 minutes.

Actually, you should.

Free show money and you don't have to do shit but just do camp and some media. Don't even have to weigh in half the time.

Paycheck and no brain damage or getting wrestle boxed against the cage for 25 minutes.
Came in to say this. As long as Cain pulls out last minute you get that show money.

Unfortunately this isn't last minute and evidently Werdum was offered replacements and declined so he may be phukd.

Last edited:
Yo guys, I just broke my back but I am ready to fight. I'm just putting that out there.
Hey, Cainrades, I just suffered explosive decompression after the leg extension machine breached my spacesuit. Totally ready to go, though.

PS if the Athletic Commission is reading this, I'm just joking. DC got the bike tire patch on the breach way before my eyes started bleeding. *uncrosses fingers*

Last edited:
Especially sucks for Werdum. The guy is not getting any younger so wasting his time like this is bullshit.

He should definitely be an injury replacement for a fight or two. Might be good for his damn health

He didnt really pull out on this time just ran his mouth. Which is still bad, but I don't think he thought it would have this effect.

Do other sports pull people for injuries? I know other athletes will schedule procedures for the off season and continue to play if they can.
I think the Athletic Commissions scrutinize one on one combat athletes more than athletes in non-combat team sports (not that there are combat team sports in the US - lol).

I don't know this for a fact. Just seems likely and seems true. Anybody know if I'm right or wrong?

Is it confirmed he is out? I thought he was injured but still fighting?

Imagine how Mark Hunt would react if he was offered Cain upon return.

Hunt would hire an army of lawyers for all sorts of clauses.

Imagine how Mark Hunt would react if he was offered Cain upon return.

Hunt would hire an army of lawyers for all sorts of clauses.
Rofl - PED clause, Injury clause, low altitude clause, leg extensions clause, Southern Hemisphere clause.

Last edited:
Is Werdum getting his show money?
He was offered JDS and ... sorry, kinda drunk ... somebody else and he declined so I think it's unlikely but possible.

Sorry, don't know, though.

Back