No one is talking about him, however he can beat Jones.

I agree with 2/3's of this, but we need to be fair - Rumble hasn't tired out since moving up two weight classes, and has gone three rounds being fresh every round with no hint of slowdown (that I can recall). Any natural LHW/HW fighting at 170 is not going to look their best, if they even look decent at all. He was literally killing himself making 170.

I think i remember him slowing down against Arlovski, but that is about it.

The Gus fight should tell us a lot about his chances against Jones. If anyone can knock out Jones it would be Rumble especially with Jon ducking his head so much leaving the opening for the uppercut.

vitor-belfort-anthony-johnson-e1326513259881.jpg

jon-jones-vitor-belfort.jpg

Now couple that with the "fact" that AJ is basically a meaner version of Jimi Manuwa - One-dimensional, and i don't see AJ lasting very long against Jones.

I can see Jones choking AJ out on the ground or against the cage

Ah yes, Rumble at MW (ish). He certainly didnt bulk up to HW after that happened. Certainly didnt fight Arlovski at 230 pounds.

I want to see the fight, but realistically he's probably not gonna be 'the guy'...

Jones will keep him at distance for a bit, chip away til he gases, and then maul him.

Rumble has to KO him, which sure is possible, but betting on punchers chances is never a big deal.

Ah yes, Rumble at MW (ish). He certainly didnt bulk up to HW after that happened. Certainly didnt fight Arlovski at 230 pounds.

Irrelevant.

Weight(blubber and excess water, with a little bit more muscle)=/=Leverage

Damn I clicked on this thinking it was going to be a thread about Dan Quinn taking on Bones in a stand up only gig with no kicks or takedowns...

Both Rumble and Gus are tough fights for Bones but Bones still beats either

what a blubbery fuck

20130322032746_IMG_4980.JPG

i like how he grows blubber in the shape of a 6-pack.

Incase you haven't noticed, Jones' muscles are just as big as AJ's, he just has the added advantage of fighting downhill and with crazy leverage and torque on top.

I wouldn't give Rumble more than a 10-15% chance of beating Jones at best

And about 20% chance of beating Gus

Rumble has no chance against Jones. Besides KO power, Jones is way better than him in every aspect.

Gus is the last hope.

I say we bring Karlos Vemola back. He was also supposed to be the one to beat Jones

Rumble has no chance against Jones. Besides KO power, Jones is way better than him in every aspect.

Gus is the last hope.

Gus has no chance against Jones. Doesn't even have the KO power. Right now Rumble is you kids' only hope

If Rumble knocks out Jones, I will build a rocket and leave the Earth for dark space, since nothing in life on Earth will ever be able to top that moment.

Davis is not a joke at all. Nogueira yes, but Davis is actually very legit.

But Davis has like zero offence when striking. He is too one dimensional, similar to Ronda, but he doesn't have much other skills to back up on - especially not his striking.

He is a legit threat and he'll be touted as the man to dethrone Bones but when Bones beats him, people will say "Meh, Bones beat a welterweight".

I think i remember him slowing down against Arlovski, but that is about it.

The Gus fight should tell us a lot about his chances against Jones. If anyone can knock out Jones it would be Rumble especially with Jon ducking his head so much leaving the opening for the uppercut.

Agreed.

I'm really looking forward to Gus/Rumble.

If he can beat Gus, yeah, but that's easier said than done.

Yeah, he didn't look too good before.

But now that he destroyed little nog I am really excited for a Jones fight, he showed he really has what it takes.

HURRRDURRDURRHURRR ... :rolleyes:

Gus has no chance against Jones. Doesn't even have the KO power. Right now Rumble is you kids' only hope

Maybe you should watch their first fight and then come back?

Gus' boxing is concussive, you claiming he has no KO power when he rocks his opponent every fight is a true testament to your ignorance.

Problem with AJ is that if he doesn't knock out Jones he'll gas out by the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds and Jones will take over.

With that said, I think he's gonna KO gus and get a title shot.

Rumble has a lot of power, but Jones has a major chin that can take big shots.

Jones is better everywhere. Rumble breaks rather easily and Jones breaks everyone.

I'd love to see Rumble beat him, but that shit aint gonna happen.

Back