No one is talking about him, however he can beat Jones.

I don't think Jones has ANY issues with rumble at all. Jones wins easily, finishing Rumble. He is crazy over rated right now. Gus beats him easily as well. Only and I mean only chance he has to beat Jones is landing a lucky KO, that's it. He won't land it because Jones will put him him on his ass over and over again.

He's got a better shot than most. He's got devastating Ko power with all his limbs and is very explosive so he's definitely a live dog but he'd still be at a severe reach deficit and be a vastly inferior grappler. Rumble does have excellent tdd but Jones doesn't use a lot of conventional takedowns so it's hard to say how effectively rumble could defend them

AJ is too tiny for his 1-dimensional attacks to be effective against Jones.

I thought this was proven already?

Oh well

First time I have ever seen Rumble referred to as tiny.

I talk about him in every dumb Gus thread I reply to. Rumble doesnt have much of a chance but at least he always has that ounchers chance. Gus would get ruined in a rematch.

Both Gus and Rumble have a chance at beating Jones, but Jones should still be favoured. The Bones haters will be split on Gus/Rumble, but will jump on the bandwagon of the winner of the fight, while saying the loser of this fight sucked all along.

With Johnson now known for his domestic abuse case and Gus known for his past violent crimes and for being overly entitled now, and the fact that they are considered pretty much the only legit contenders Jones has left by most MMA fans, I wonder if perhaps we're destined to see Jone's pedestal get taken out from under him by a fighter who turns out to be even more unlikable and makes us all even madder at the current state of the LHW division. I mean, I can see Gus as champ being exponentially better at pissing fans off than Jones is even now.

Why does this happen whenever there's a dominant champ? After every win someone gets pushed as the great new hope of Sherdog's fickle user base.

I think Rumble will beat Gus.

Unless Bones moved to HW, I don't see anyone beating him. I can't stand him but he's a freak and won't lose that LHW strap in the next 5 years. Unless someone new comes along.

First time I have ever seen Rumble referred to as tiny.

vitor-belfort-anthony-johnson-e1326513259881.jpg

jon-jones-vitor-belfort.jpg

Now couple that with the "fact" that AJ is basically a meaner version of Jimi Manuwa - One-dimensional, and i don't see AJ lasting very long against Jones.

I can see Jones choking AJ out on the ground or against the cage

Rumble could beat Jones, but he has to not tire like he had in the past, and he has to avoid the fence which is where Jones is most likely to get takedowns. I wouldn't count on Rumble beating Jones.

I agree with 2/3's of this, but we need to be fair - Rumble hasn't tired out since moving up two weight classes, and has gone three rounds being fresh every round with no hint of slowdown (that I can recall). Any natural LHW/HW fighting at 170 is not going to look their best, if they even look decent at all. He was literally killing himself making 170.

He's got a better shot than most. He's got devastating Ko power with all his limbs and is very explosive so he's definitely a live dog but he'd still be at a severe reach deficit and be a vastly inferior grappler. Rumble does have excellent tdd but Jones doesn't use a lot of conventional takedowns so it's hard to say how effectively rumble could defend them

Johnson's reach is only one inch shorter than Gustafsson's.

But yeah, I want to see Jones fight the winner of Gus/Rumble. At this point, I don't know if anybody will stop Jon, though.

here we go hyping up another contender to beat jones.

I thought DC was the one? lmao

Here's the thing... Rumble got taken down, dry humped and controlled by josh Koscheck. So.... I would have to imagine that Bones would be able to take him down fairly easy. Also.. Rumble is a great technical striker but bones is bones so I feel he'd find a way to nullify what ever AJ would try to do.

Back