No one giving DC props

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by iboufring**, Jan 4, 2015.

1. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

Im one of those people who said he was going to win. I accept defeat.

DC did look great in there. For a guy much shorter and all. Good movement and boxing. Everyone giving Gus props for a close contest but this was close too and DC never got close of being finished.

I am a DC fan but huge props to Jones! Cant stay butthurt with a great battle like that. He sure did suprise me with that TDD.

Stop these "i told you so" threads already

2. ib313

ib313 Imagine a Dystopian UFC

I think they get "told ya so's" for a few days at least... It hasn't even been 12 hrs yet.

3. thetan

thetan Green Belt

Outside of DC getting his leg caught and taken down in the first, he could have taken the round.

He fought an amazing fight the first 3 rounds, he just got out worked in the end.

He didn't get destroyed, it was a great fight. Props to both fighters.

4. The Don

The Don If there is no struggle, there is no progress Platinum Member

DC did look great and tag Jones a couple of times.

5. Schoolboy Q

Schoolboy Q Silver Belt

I'll give DC some props, he went it there and landed some very solid uppercuts and didn't get completely owned. That being said, I enjoy rubbing this win in and will continue to do so, I'd expect the same courtesy if DC won.

6. TheOneWhoKnows

TheOneWhoKnows Blue Belt

Honestly DC only won 1 round and Gus did much better than that. In fact I think Rashad won 1 round against Jones too. Personally I think DC should move back to Heavyweight. The Heavyweight division is much more shallow and could use another contender and the fact is he's not going to be LHW champion for a long time if ever. For him to get a rematch against Jones he'll have to win 2 or 3 fights at LHW against top guys. So sometime in 2016 at the earliest.

He should go back to Heavyweight or retire and keep doing the coaching & analyst gigs I'm sure FOX Sports pays him pretty well.

7. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

Cant we just enjoy that it was a good contest? The fight could have ended up being a disaster and it didnt.

8. FedorFanBoy

FedorFanBoy SLEEP EAT MMA REPEAT Double Yellow Card

Damn... Somethimes i feel like I'm the only guy that like both of them. Cormier was very tired after 3rd round, he lost momentum. Great fight from both guys.

It's hard to watch when you like both guys... After first round I saw in Cormier eyes... discomposure. He felt that Jon is stronger than he firstly thought.

I don't even like it that they got so big beef, this is the way it's the sport but Cormier must have hard time in his head right now.

9. FallonFoxGOAT

FallonFoxGOAT Banned Banned

I give DC props.

He was the first person to push the pace against Jones early on, and it really showed.

Both fighters were looking gassed and slow as molasses going into the 3rd round.

DC also did a lot better in the clinch than I expected, early on. Even though Jones ended up taking over and doing better as time went on.

I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he gets his head straight, and comes back stronger.

10. jmd69

jmd69 Brown Belt

TS great thread and completely agree with every word you wrote. DC does deserve props for not only hanging in there with the greatest LHW, but for absorbing all that damage and never once looking like he was hurt or rocked. And definitely props for being such a small guy in both the HW and LHW divisions. In terms of height but not weight. I will add, it is impressive to see a guy with his waistline work as hard as he does when he keeps pushing forward in fights.
    Props to both fighters. All the trash talk both before and after the fight aside, these two fighters are warriors and have incredible heart to punish one another like they did and still keep moving forward. Neither backed down from the other. JBJ was just better.

11. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

Retire? C'mon man... He lost to frickin Jon Jones

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  12. ib313

ib313 Imagine a Dystopian UFC

That is enjoying it for some people. In every sport.

13. Alexandergreat3

Alexandergreat3 In Fedor We Trust, amen™

As DC said, a lot of the people who are cheering for him (DC) not because they like him, but because they hate Jones. Now that he lost, they probably move on to look for another fighter whom they think can beat Jones.

By the way, I thought DC did great. He took the least damage out of all of Jones' opponents, and he put Jones in danger of getting knocked out a few times with his uppercuts.

Gustafsson might have given Jones the most damage with his boxing, but Jones was never in danger of being finished, and Gus also took a tons of damage himself.

14. Credo

Credo Punishment Belt

Of course, this wasn

15. Blicious

Blicious Blue Belt

It wasn't a good fight imo. round 4 & 5 were wall 'n stall.

16. Got GOAT

Got GOAT Banned Banned

Even Jon admitted that it sucked and was "ugly" and not a fan favorite. It had too much Wall 'n Stall and Clinch 'n Pinch (patent pending on this one).

17. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

18. Ziggyjuarez

Ziggyjuarez Blue Belt

Looked like David vs Goliath in there.Was on edge the first two rounds.Daniel looked good against the bigger man.

19. TheOneWhoKnows

TheOneWhoKnows Blue Belt

Depends on his goals. He is going be a long way from the LHW championship now and doesn't want to fight Cain for the Heavyweight championship. He's a great analyst so if you can't achieve your goals why not retire and save yourself the health issues later in life.

But if he wants to keep fighting I'd rather he go back to Heavyweight, contenders are more useful there and as much as Cain gets hurt he would probably get used a lot.

20. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

No way he retires on this notice. I dont know what the future holds for him but we will see.