Rumored No one from the UFC can get a hold of Tony Ferguson

Oh well. Dude is a complete dick. "Where's your kid"
Let's be real, Khabib, doostin and even everybody's favorite here Conor all dust him in his prime. His streak was impressive in quantity but not in quality. He ended up exactly where is absolute peak was, interim title winner against someone like fighter Kevin Lee
Will say, I was impressed at the time with his beatdown of Josh Thompson (also got fucked out of his title shot)

https://www.mmanews.com/2021/09/quote-no-one-from-the-ufc-can-get-a-hold-of-tony-ferguson/

Ferguson was last seen in action back in May. He was defeated by Beneil Dariush via unanimous decision. It was the third straight loss for Ferguson. “El Cucuy’s” recent performances have been a far cry from when he was riding a 12-fight winning streak.

Many have been wondering what’s next for Ferguson. One potential opponent that has been thrown out by fight fans is Dan Hooker. After all, both men have exciting fighting styles and are coming off losses.

The problem is, Ferguson appears to have distanced himself from the fight game for a bit. At least, that’s what Hooker told the folks at Submission Radio.

He’s gone rogue. Just didn’t pick the phone up. No one from the UFC can get a hold of him. That’s what I’ve been told.

Instead of being matched up with Ferguson, Hooker is scheduled to collide with Nasrat Haqparast. The bout is set to take place on Sept. 25. It’ll be a part of the UFC 266 card. It’ll be on the preliminary portion.

Tonys probably isolated in some temperate desert, doing Peyote and talking to Foxes.

He will be fine.

He posted on the gram yesterday all is normal

This is important for people to see.

He's not off the radar, so take what Dana is saying with a grain of salt. Tony has been posting regularly including family stuff, doesn't seem to be anything unusual going on in his life.

Not immediately getting back to a call from one of the match makers may be getting overblown here. He just fought 4 months ago and took a beating, he's likely not ready to take a booking. He may even be trying to keep an injured knee quiet.

Ideally Tony takes a supreme step down in competition after a goodly layoff.

That’s sad stuff. He got really screwed by how they handled that division. Conor had no business near that belt before Ferg, but the UFC held that division hostage for two years while Ferguson aged and dealt with injuries.
Dang. Lookin sad on da gram
Come on Ferg never gets near that title with Khabib there so who cares how it ilynfolded for him.

Good top 10 fighter and super entertaining but overrated in my mind, not a #1 fighter more like a low top 10 fighter like Fitch.

impressive in quantity but not in quality.

You're an idiot.

fbkVXxa.jpg

voXBHYW.png

• 75% finish rate
• add Pettis, Lee, Cerrone and Castillo/Thompson early and in addition having 4 mutual opponents with Khabib's UFC fights (pre-title)
• of those 4 mutual, Tony finished 3, Khabib 0

Tony's UFC resume was as good or better than Khabib's up to about 2018 when Khabib beat Conor.

You're an idiot.

fbkVXxa.jpg

voXBHYW.png

• 75% finish rate
• add Pettis, Lee, Cerrone and Castillo/Thompson early and in addition having 4 mutual opponents with Khabib's UFC fights (pre-title)
• of those 4 mutual, Tony finished 3, Khabib 0

Tony's UFC resume was as good or better than Khabib's up to about 2018 when Khabib beat Conor.
Lol cerrone, Pettis and RDA were all on the decline
Almost lost to Lando
Barboza, Thompson and Lee are his best wins. I didn't say he sucks, he doesn't at all.
I just said khabib Poirier and McGregor smash any version of him
Throw in Oliveira, Justin and Dariush too
Fuck, even Diaz. I think he's very overrated around here. But guess that makes me an idiot lol

I'm not really sure what's left for him in the UFC.. He has been exposed badly in his last two fights.

Lol cerrone, Pettis and RDA were all on the decline
Almost lost to Lando
Barboza, Thompson and Lee are his best wins. I didn't say he sucks, he doesn't at all.
I just said khabib Poirier and McGregor smash any version of him
Throw in Oliveira, Justin and Dariush too
Fuck, even Diaz. I think he's very overrated around here. But guess that makes me an idiot lol

you said what I quoted, didn't say you said he sucked. justin already beat him, bro.

"quantity not quality" - exact quote

had 4 of the same opponents of khabib during this streak and finished 3 of them to khabib's 0
finished 9/12 fighters on his streak

"quantity not quality"

"he almost lost"

bro...

EnlightenedEducatedAfricanparadiseflycatcher-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

That’s sad stuff. He got really screwed by how they handled that division. Conor had no business near that belt before Ferg, but the UFC held that division hostage for two years while Ferguson aged and dealt with injuries.
Dang. Lookin sad on da gram

Funny but I could have sworn Ferguson had 2 cracks at khabib that fell through because of him

Only matters if USADA can't find him.

Tony flew back to his planet to regenerate his power. He will come back stronger then ever.

Good for him. Hopefully he’s alright and he’s doing his own thing somewhere.
If you do not hear from Tony, it is likely not a good thing. This is the guy that shortly ago thought that his son was Jesus, that a biblical flood was coming, his refrigerator was spying on him and he had a chip in his leg. I cant imagine what this lock down and this whole Covid thing did to his mental state. They tried blaming it on 'addiction', but Vicodin and beer do not make anyone believe the things Tony believed. He is legit cray and those thoughts can lay dormant or be hidden from the public, but they can always resurface.

Come on Ferg never gets near that title with Khabib there so who cares how it ilynfolded for him.

Good top 10 fighter and super entertaining but overrated in my mind, not a #1 fighter more like a low top 10 fighter like Fitch.

This is a pretty absurd hot take considering his historic win streak in the division. He won 12 straight in the UFC lightweight division. You can't accidentally win a dozen in a row in the most competitive class in the sport.

If you're unaware, Fitch's best streak in the UFC was 8 and nowhere near the same strength of schedule.

Cerrone - TKO
Pettis - TKO
Lee - Sub
RDA - UD
Vannata - Sub
Barboza - Sub
Thomson - UD (dominated him)
Tibau - Sub
Trujillio - Sub
Castillo - SD
Kikuno - KO
Rio - Sub

Calling that run a low top 10 fighter is so stupid I can't believe I'm writing this. He fought both Trujillio and Tibau in the same era Khabib did, compare their results. He put them both away, putting aside Khabib not even taking Tibau down and eeking out a controversial decision.

We have no idea how a prime Ferguson would have made out with Khabib. He got old, like every fighter before him and every single one to come.

Idk why people keep favoring "any version of McGregor" over prime Tony lol. McGregor only had big power at FW, and Tony is fairly durable with great cardio. If McGregor doesn't get him out of there in 2 rounds he'd gas out as usual. 5 round fight Tony would win that all day.

Back