"No one expected Conor to win, it was just a money fight"

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Came in, read, thought it must be a GOATER thread...
Am disappoint.

He avoided prime Manny.
So mayweather doesn't age at the same rate as paquiao?
It was a money issue, as much as I dislike him mayweather is scared of no one, it's all about the money.

I allowed myself to fantasize and have fun with it, but I didn't realistically think he would win. I had thought it MIGHT be possible that he could survive to a terribly lopsided 12 round decision in Floyds favor, but even then thought it was very long odds.

that roided red headed mexican guy would
The one he already beat?

BTW I've not seen anybody saying nobody expected Connor to win but admitedly I've been avoiding this place due to the proliferation of shertards.

That said I do seem to recall some shifting immedaitely after the fight happened. People were saying Mcgregor was gunna knock him out in four. I put about £400 on Floyd as I knew there was no way he was going to lose.

What did they say after? Look how many punches Mcgregor landed.

It wasn't fixed or worked, for that to be the case both parties need to be in on it but Floyd definately carried him.

Because his nuthuggers will see that as a way to keep their delusion for irish jabroni and his team is full of yes men who keep him doing the things that make Mcg comfortable. If he had a real boxing training he would have done a it better.

They all expected him to win by first round KO. Changed their tune real quick when the boy got exposed.

Wouldn't have made a lick of difference to his haters even if he had. Ya'll would have just made excuses and dismissed his victory. Hell, I remember most of you doing that before the fight even happened. That slim possibility of McGregor winning frightened ya'll.

Of course he thought he was going to win because he is deluded beyond comprehension.

This is the same guy who said Nate Diaz didn't give him any problems and that he'd smash Canelo and GGG in a few rounds.

He really believes this shit.

It sucks that with the betting line actually so close I didn't bet my house on that fight.
All you guys are so smart after the fact but you didn't bet your house on that fight either ;)
In hindsight this was a lock and the betting line was so much in our favor for such a lock.
Oh well... Gotta earn that money like a real man I guess.

BTW I've not seen anybody saying nobody expected Connor to win but admitedly I've been avoiding this place due to the proliferation of shertards.
All Conor fanboys said Conor was going to win. When he lost, they turned that to "look he was able to survive so long against the boxing GOAT."

That's why we hate Conor fans. We do understand that the Conor fans are new to MMA and don't know what they are talking about. Imagine the most insufferable hipster on the planet and multiply it by 1000 billion and you are heading in the right direction. Before every Conor fight, the fans argue that if Conor wins this one, he's definitely the GOAT. The way they reason, Jordan became basketball GOAT when he became the rookie of the year. Everything Jordan did after 1985 only increased his already GOATness. As if GOAT is somehow a birthright. Conor hasn't done anything remotely on the level of Aldo, Silva, JJ, DC, Fedor, Sakuraba, Henderson, to name just a few. Conor fans are embarrassingly clueless. That's fine. That's not their fault, necessarily. It's the cheer number of them. They are like locust. Tolerable in moderate numbers.

Lol they thought he was gonna win, they're just tryna save face cuz their boy got besmirched

He avoided prime Manny.

Manny wouldn't agree to usada till he was old. Bob arum didnt help either, notoriously protective of his cash cows and refused to split revenue with his rival golden boy.

I thought there was no way he could beat Aldo and seriously doubted him in the Mendes and Alvarez fights so after what he did in those yeah, i actually thought he had a chance against Mayweather

Back