No More White Belts

TS, you are generalising against white belts. They are not all bad, infact some have been following MMA for longer than other people, just, they have not created an account until recently.

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

Yeah, what a great idea! I have a better one. Why don't we just stop allowing people to join sherdog!! That way, we rid sherdog of those pathetic white belts and leave all the commenting for ourselves... I figure it would be the best way to grow the sport.

Or, you care too much about dumb stufff and need a hobby..

Maybe you would rather have a subscription message board and a free message board.

i'm a white belt, but pretty sure i know a lot more than you black belts :)

The problem is the "belt system" in and of itself. It creates an odd hierarchy based on nothing more than how many times you are willing to add to a discussion. Having a higher or lower belt doesn't always equate to knowledge.

The forum can keep the belt system, but needs to change to where you don't get your next belt based on number of posts, but based on what others think of your posts. Each person should have the option to vote positively or negatively on a post and when a person gets to a certain number of "positive points" they get their next belt. This makes getting a higher belt more respectable, and it self regulates the idiotic posters. Bodybuilding.com has something like this and it seems to work really well.

i'm a white belt, but pretty sure i know a lot more than you black belts :)
Considering you think Okami is one of the best ever, you must not know much. The only big win Okami has is from when Anderson knocked him the fuck out with a kick and was disqualified because it was on the ground. Yushin is a 220lb+ fighter fighting at 185, he's even heavier than Anderson and Franklin who are around 215lbs. Also anyone who is completely 1 dimensional as Aoki cannot be considered among the best ever.

a lot of the smarter posts ive read on here came from white belts. like me a lot of guys join years ago or start reading years ago and only post when something catches their eye and they need to add some input.

I think your inability to ignore morons is childish.

Doomer, you are a moron. Point Blank a "MORON". The belt system on here is based on the number of posts you have, not on your knowledge of MMA. This is an open forum where are welcome to voice their opinion. If you don't like the system, create your own forum and be a moderator and make your own stupid rules. I admit, I see some stupid stuff on here, but I just read on and laugh.

Ki

Who cares if someone says some stupid shit? It's just a forum and they will most likely get flamed big time anyway...

Shitty threads and shitty posts are made equally by everybody. Whitebelt or any belt. Some of the worst posts are made by the higher belts!

I do not agree just read my sig. (I`ve had it a long time before now) Some of the stupidest things i hear are from ppl who has been here a while.

yea man I lurked here for like 3 years before creating an account and waited a long time before I posted after that...I woulda been so pissed if when I finaly wanted to say something i couldn't...

yeah same, it seems it doesnt matter the color the sherdog belt lol come on now i dont look at someone with 500 posts and go well shit that dude is cool so even if he says something completely retarded and im sure it didnt take that thing called the thought process for him to post it hes cool cus he has 500 posts. its fine how it is. the ones that need to get kicked get kicked eventually.

in the real world you dont need to have x amount of discussions on a topic to voice an opinion. If it's an exclusive club you r after why not start playing dugeons and dragons or start a Guys who watch Oprah fan club. Why should this be any different. Keep it real. Assholes are like opinions everyone has one.

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

Don't forget, YOU were once a white belt too

there are people here whose posts i read...

You would be ONE of the people around here who I read...but you just lost like 14 Kool-Aide points from me.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still read your posts and threads but bashing Whitebelts is utter nonsense and here's why:

I was a whitebelt once and hardly any of my posts were read. When they were, they were bashed. Lo' and behold, I became a yellow and that all changed. I was getting quoted, agreed with, even encouraged.

Do NOT block Whites from posting threads...we all gotta start somewhere. I understand that recognition level in the Sherdog forums is based on respect and that respect is based on belt color...but fuck all that.

My advice? (As an orange belt, take it or leave it...I ain't blue YET) ignore the idiots. I have said it before and I will say it again: Stupidity speaks for itself. So let it. Ignore the idiots and do your thing...

I agree, many White Belts post stupid shit. But it's not beyond OUR ability to ignore them. And in many cases the WB "stupidity" is cuz they are new to the forums or even MMA. Give em a break...tolerance = bliss.

trust me I've seen way worst threads started by black belt. The more dumb the thread the more reply it will have, people love to flame threads.

either:

or

Does any reference to your stupidity even really need to be mentioned, at this point?

Back