No more promotion??

JRubin

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anybody find it odd that there really isn't any promotion going on for the Jones/Gus bout??

Is it one of the draw backs from losing out on Fox.

I know that ESPN hasn't kicked in yet, but even though there deal centers more around the online streaming rather than being broadcasted on the network.

Is WME to cheap to dish out the air time funds??

Or do they have little faith in Jon Jones not fucking up that they refuse to give him any media push??

Or is the UFC just dying??

Any other reasons you can think of??

Saw the PPV Promotion commercial over five times today...

Dan Hardy's breakdown I saw earlier on YouTube and UFC channel on YouTube had the Jones vs Gus 1 full fight for free for a while now.

All regular ppv buyers are buying this for sure, maybe they are tired of spending money on promotion just to have Bones fuck shit up

Dey know Jones gonna piss fire

The less ppl know the better

Where is all the promo for this great card 232?

Is the marketing department on Holiday?

Wtf sherbros??!

Still a week to go

Goof

By the way stop shouting

You kids have it so easy. When I was young, we had to make your own Embeddeds. And if we wanted to post about it here, we had to code the forum from scratch before every post. Stop complaining.

It's weird considering it's 7 days left and there's no other event until then. Usually if there's an event in between they wait to get the first event out of the way and then start promoting heavily. Even on Youtube there's barely anything. More videos about Cyborg/Nunes.

I don't watch the TV commercials tho.

There doesn't seem to be any more or less promotion than any other PPV card...

Why do you need or want further promotion anyway, if you're already aware of the card?

Promotion always kicks up in the final week.

To me it says they just want to dip their toes in the water with Jon Jones and see what happens, not jump right in.

And can you blame them? How many times has Jon disgraced the UFC and himself with his actions? He's been a consistent disappointment for the last several years. So you really can't blame the UFC for not putting the rocket boosters on him yet.

He could test positive again, he could get busted driving under the influence, or any number of other things. Also, how good is clean Jon Jones? Because it's unlikely we've seen a clean Jon Jones compete in the octagon. And now he's fighting a guy that almost whipped him in his roiding prime.

Eh, promotion is going the way of the dodo. Think about it, how many people still have cable? Of those people how many actually watch commercials instead of changing the channel or just dvr fav shows anyways?
Not many.
So your left with most people streaming things and not watching commercials anyways.

I think the ufc realizes until they have a mainstream audience ala ESPN or something that promos are mostly a waste.

wat I wanna know is why is everyone saying there is no promotion for jones vs gus 2 when clearly everyone else is saying they saw promotion

Jones’ name sells itself at this point. His last PPV vs DC was super hyped and nearly cracked 900k buys.

Throw the steroid mishap in the mix, plus a rematch of of one of the greatest fights and Jons toughest fight ever vs Gus.

This PPV will easily sell 800k-1mil.

They keep showing a promo for it here on BT Sport and we don't even have to pay extra for PPVs.

Fox is done with the ufc so they aren’t promoting it like they use to don’t blame them

Back