no more free bellator livestreaming

maximmm

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
They were streaming it live for free on youtube for Asian IP's, but I guess the party is over - I wonder what happened.

Turns out while some countries have been removed from the list of free streams - Canada/Japan are still good to go -

Last edited:
They were streaming it live for free on youtube for Asian IP's, but I guess the party is over - I wonder what happened.
I swear Japan was still free since I saw tons of Japanese in the chat

I swear Japan was still free since I saw tons of Japanese in the chat
Interesting - i just checked. Apparently Canada still has it available. Singapore/India/Vietnam do not. I'm going to assume Japan is OK as well (based on what you said), but I don't have Japan vpn. Looks like I'll be using Canadian vpn next time.

It is curious that a few countries have been removed from the list though. I couldn't watch it at all this time around -- good to know that Canada's vpn is still an option, but I wonder if that too will soon disappear - given that so many countries have been removed this week.

Use a free VPN next time, and choose Canada as your home country, or whatever country works so that you can access the stream.

Interesting - i just checked. Apparently Canada still has it available. Singapore/India/Vietnam do not. I'm going to assume Japan is OK as well (based on what you said), but I don't have Japan vpn. Looks like I'll be using Canadian vpn next time.

It is curious that a few countries have been removed from the list though. I couldn't watch it at all this time around -- good to know that Canada's vpn is still an option, but I wonder if that too will soon disappear - given that so many countries have been removed this week.
I'm guessing it's because they've found some sort of broadcast partner in the nations you mentioned. I don't have any info on it, but the way it works is if they have a broadcast deal with a TV network and/or streaming provider it won't be on YT. If they don't? It is.

I'm guessing it's because they've found some sort of broadcast partner in the nations you mentioned. I don't have any info on it, but the way it works is if they have a broadcast deal with a TV network and/or streaming provider it won't be on YT. If they don't? It is.
Fair point.
In this instance, I didn't know that Canada was still allowed free streams, so I headed to the Russian search engines - but alas, rather than broadcasting it on the state TV channel as usual, they were broadcasting it on some online streaming network like Dazn - which limited access to only russian IP's
There were a few free streams elsewhere - but those got shut down in the first round of the main event - lol

Anyways, I eventually found a few streams for showcase, but by that time the match was over.

Fair point.
In this instance, I didn't know that Canada was still allowed free streams, so I headed to the Russian search engines - but alas, rather than broadcasting it on the state TV channel as usual, they were broadcasting it on some online streaming network like Dazn - which limited access to only russian IP's
There were a few free streams elsewhere - but those got shut down in the first round of the main event - lol

Anyways, I eventually found a few streams for showcase, but by that time the match was over.
Whatever your home country's IP is if it's not on youtube it's on some other platform. That platform might be something obscure and could cost money, but it's probably somewhere. Probably easier to just VPN over to Japan or Canada though.

The whole idea of having a feed on youtube is to give everybody in the world a way to watch whether they have a broadcast partner in your country or not.

Lol not many sane people are paying for Bellator. Trust me, they’ll keep giving it away for free.

Still free in Canada

yeah-fuckyeah.gif

Lol not many sane people are paying for Bellator. Trust me, they’ll keep giving it away for free.
Back in the day, Pride was shown on cable which cost pennies - nearly each event was fully stacked. Now you got UFC with maybe one or two big name matches and the rest are filler - and they want you to pay a crapload of money to see it - lol
I think you only need to see how much big name boxers make to realize just how much UFC is profiting and paying fighters peanuts in return. I suspect Bellator is a lot more fair in that regard - they are not making a bank, nor are they paying fighters peanuts relative to the revenue the company gets.

Fuck UFC and stick with Bellator, I say. I'm not going to say Bellator is better than UFC in terms of quality (they are pretty much identical) - they are both mere shadows in comparison to Pride - but in terms of fairness, Bellator is way closer to pride than UFC ever was.

Back in the day, Pride was shown on cable which cost pennies - nearly each event was fully stacked. Now you got UFC with maybe one or two big name matches and the rest are filler - and they want you to pay a crapload of money to see it - lol
I think you only need to see how much big name boxers make to realize just how much UFC is profiting and paying fighters peanuts in return. I suspect Bellator is a lot more fair in that regard - they are not making a bank, nor are they paying fighters peanuts relative to the revenue the company gets.

Fuck UFC and stick with Bellator, I say. I'm not going to say Bellator is better than UFC in terms of quality (they are pretty much identical) - they are both mere shadows in comparison to Pride - but in terms of fairness, Bellator is way closer to pride than UFC ever was.
Bellator is much better now then it was a few years ago but people magnify the bad and nitpick it to hell because it's not the UFC and that's what they're used to. It's bothered me more then I'd like to admit over the years because I enjoy following MMA more when there's real competition between promotions and was a massive PRIDE fan (my username might be a hint of that). Plus it's so much obviously better for the fighters. It'd be great for the fighters now that there's a lot more money in the sport then there was 15-20 years ago. Feels like any promotion that comes up these days has the deck stacked against it largely by virtue of not being the UFC.

Bellator is much better now then it was a few years ago but people magnify the bad and nitpick it to hell because it's not the UFC and that's what they're used to. It's bothered me more then I'd like to admit over the years because I enjoy following MMA more when there's real competition between promotions and was a massive PRIDE fan (my username might be a hint of that). Plus it's so much obviously better for the fighters. It'd be great for the fighters now that there's a lot more money in the sport then there was 15-20 years ago. Feels like any promotion that comes up these days has the deck stacked against it largely by virtue of not being the UFC.
I think more and more fighters are starting to realize that it's a money numbers game - first and foremost -
If I were a fighter, I'd go to a company that pays a bit less, but more fair (again, in regards to the generated revenue) than make more but actually be scammed in the process.
Anyone that says ufc fighters are the best is not paying attention to what's going on in other organizations.
Having said that, UFC does have way more exposure - so most people (in the west) are quite ignorant about other organizations out there.

Back