no more freak shows

After James Tony, Dana White said he was done with freak shows. Now here we are after the best year in MMA history (2015) and UFC is throwing away credibility promoting CM fucking Punk - while they promote Punk they are not promoting a real fighter. Should stay silent on these freak shows until they are walking in.

First of all, fcuk you, stop referring to a fight, or the fighters in it, as "freak show". Show some fcuken respect.

Second, KNOW YOUR ROOTS bitch. MMA was founded on crazy ass match-ups.

I don't care about CP Punk, I never knew who he was before him (supposedly) getting into MMA... but I'd rather see him fight with no MMA training against another guy with no MMA training (some celebrity or whatever), than wait around for him to train and then fight some other low-level fighter.

Freak shows are part of the reason Pride was so great. The UFC will never look legitimate anyway, might as well cash in on some interesting, lucrative, and fun fights. Imagine a PPV with:

Conor McGregor vs The Mountain
Jon Jones vs Dwight Howard
Aldo vs Mayweather
Justin Bieber vs Cyborg
I'd rather not watch McGregor, Bieber, Aldo all die in one night...

Who doesn't like a good ol' fashioned freak fight? Thank god Bellator exists.

James Toney was a legit threat though. I don't think that a single MMA Fighter is worried about CM Punk,... At all.

Freak show fights are awesome.

Who wouldn't want to see Anthony Johnson vs CM Punk, Justin Beiber, etc?

Nothing wrong with a freak show fight every now & then.
How can you say no to Minowaman and Zuluzinho?

Let me bang Bro

colin-freakshow-fletcher-weighs-in-during-the-ufc-158-weighin-at-bell-picture-id163778175

Back