No matter who wins, both sides should reconcile

Yea but it was the northren industry that finally beat the south. The south kicked ass for quite awhile.

The next civil war will not be fought with guns anyway.

Lol yeah they won a few battles then the North tore shit up and burned down just about everything. They put their boots on the neck of the entire South and made those country boys beg for mercy. Robert E. Lee turned out to be a real pussy. And a lot of them are so terribly butt-hurt that they still choose to fly a racist, losing flag.
:)

Fair points, but there are people ITT who think, "but mom, they did it first," is acceptable behavior for a grown man. I take Hamlet's comment to Polonius as a guide for myself, and I have a hard time respecting people who don't.

No I agree, for sure. Hell it's something I teach my kid, so it damn sure applies to adults. Bad behavior by others isn't a justification for bad behavior by you.

the divide has grown too big for unity.

We need to end the SJW pussy shit. I'm not calling you by your pronouns ever. Don't care who becomes or stays president.

Lol yeah they won a few battles then the North tore shit up and burned down just about everything. They put their boots on the neck of the entire South and made those country boys beg for mercy. Robert E. Lee turned out to be a real pussy. And a lot of them are so terribly butt-hurt that they still choose to fly a racist, losing flag.
:)

Maybe you want to actually read up on it.

https://www.army.mil/article/106837...d the Fall of Vicksburg (Mississippi), July 4.

Immoral people always justify their actions by claiming that someone else started it and they don't therefore have any responsibility for their own actions. No more men on the right today.
88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.png

Yeah but just remember the last time the Blue States and Red States fought... The red-necked country boys got their asses handed to them and to this day the South has yet to fully recover.

You mean the Republicans beat the snot out of slaver Democrats. Yeah I remember that one.

No I agree, for sure. Hell it's something I teach my kid, so it damn sure applies to adults. Bad behavior by others isn't a justification for bad behavior by you.

And just to include the quote I was referring to:

HAMLET
(to POLONIUS) Good my lord, will you see the players well bestowed? Do you hear, let them be well used ...

POLONIUS
My lord, I will use them according to their desert.

HAMLET
God’s bodykins, man, much better. Use every man after his desert, and who should ’scape whipping? Use them after your own honor and dignity. The less they deserve, the more merit is in your bounty. Take them in.

Gee, I wonder why we’ve become so divided over the last 4 years... Hmmm, what could it be...?

Lol @ you thinking this was 1 man's doing.

You are a product of cable news and social media

And just to include the quote I was referring to:

I am so SO far removed from having to read or decipher Shakespeare, but basically he's saying "Don't treat people how they probably deserve to be treated, treat them in a way that will show people what kind of person YOU are." Something like that?

When did that happen? I remember (actually) peaceful rallies and protests, but that's been the case for every US president ever.

I'm not gonna play the who me game with you..... people started saying weird shit like anti colonial the terrorist fist jab and down right questioning his americaness. Then blamed him for race relations going south. Its an absurd theory that requires intentional amnesia

Back