No matter who wins and who loses on Saturday, the next HW title fight will be Francis vs Stipe 2

That is what I was going to say. Absolute no brainer. Gives DC to beat Jones, but on his own terms in heavyweight and Jones the superfight for the heavy weight title.

I can't see how this doesn't happen if DC wins. I also think DC won't win unfortunately.
I do think that Dana White might offer Cormier huge truckloads of money to do Cormier vs Jones 3. You could be right on that.
Cormier will be like "nope i'm retiring that's it". But if Dana says "8million" or "10million" then DC might crumble.

Obviously Jones would have to agree to go up to Heavyweight but again, I think Dana can fix almost everything.

I almost guarantee Dana White will try EVERYTHING to get Daniel Cormier to fight one more time :

- If Cormier loses, Dana will say "Come on,...you wanna retire on a LOSS?!?!? fuck that! Daniel I'll pay you 10million flat to fight Jones at HW and that can be your final fight".
- If Cormier wins, Dana will say "Champ you're back, CASH IN one last time with a mega-fight with Jones, 10million plus PPV points...".

I do think that Dana White might offer Cormier huge truckloads of money to do Cormier vs Jones 3. You could be right on that.
Cormier will be like "nope i'm retiring that's it". But if Dana says "8million" or "10million" then DC might crumble.

Obviously Jones would have to agree to go up to Heavyweight but again, I think Dana can fix almost everything.

I almost guarantee Dana White will try EVERYTHING to get Daniel Cormier to fight one more time :

- If Cormier loses, Dana will say "Come on,...you wanna retire on a LOSS?!?!? fuck that! Daniel I'll pay you 10million flat to fight Jones at HW and that can be your final fight".
- If Cormier wins, Dana will say "Champ you're back, CASH IN one last time with a mega-fight with Jones, 10million plus PPV points...".

Good point even on a loss they might try make it happen. That makes a lot of sense.

I think it could be the payday Jones wants and retiring DC will take $$$$ over legacy anyday.

Back