No matter who wins and who loses on Saturday, the next HW title fight will be Francis vs Stipe 2

[QUOTE="TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle, post: 161366894, member: 525411"I think it'd probably be Ngannou/Lewis 2 for the belt and then Stipe gets someone like Blaydes or (if he beats JDS) Rozenstruik.

How does Blaydes get jumped by Lewis for a title shot? Not the first time I've seen this theory.[/QUOTE]
Lewis is 1-0 vs Francis, Blaydes is 0-2. Math

Blaydes lost to Francis twice. Beast has a win over Frank. Frank is obviously the #1 contender would only make sense to fight Lewis instead of Blaydes for the 3rd time.

Lewis is 1-0 vs Francis, Blaydes is 0-2. Math

So Blaydes can beat everyone except the top 3 HW and always get jumped by Beast who is lower in the rankings? <mma4>

So Lewis getting finished by JDS who got by finished by Blaydes means nothing. <{vega}>

just use MMA math and cherry pick fights, in other words don't make Beast earn it by defeating Blaydes, just assume Beast deserves a titleshot over higher ranked Blaydes because he won a lackluster decision over Ngannou in maybe the worst top 10 MMA fight of the last decade. <YeahOKJen>

So Blaydes can beat everyone except the top 3 HW and always get jumped by Beast who is lower in the rankings? <mma4>

So Lewis getting finished by JDS who got by finished by Blaydes means nothing. <{vega}>

just use MMA math and cherry pick fights, in other words don't make Beast earn it by defeating Blaydes, just assume Beast deserves a titleshot over higher ranked Blaydes because he won a lackluster decision over Ngannou in maybe the worst top 10 MMA fight of the last decade. <YeahOKJen>

Francis is clearly the #1 contender. This situation is kind of unique since Francis has already cleaned the division out and beat the next guy in line (Blaydes) twice. Right now it's "anybody but Blaydes III" and Beast is on a 3 fight win streak.

Also, from a realistic perspective it's clear Dana doesn't like Blaydes. He didn't like that last performance Blaydes churned out.

Francis is clearly the #1 contender. This situation is kind of unique since Francis has already cleaned the division out and beat the next guy in line (Blaydes) twice. Right now it's "anybody but Blaydes III" and Beast is on a 3 fight win streak.

Also, from a realistic perspective it's clear Dana doesn't like Blaydes. He didn't like that last performance Blaydes churned out.

1. Blaydes is on a 4 fight win streak including the TKO of JDS who again TKOd Lewis. 2. So your telling me Dana liked Beast's split decision over top 15 Ivanov more than Blaydes unanimous decision over top 10 Volkov?

1. Blaydes is on a 4 fight win streak including the TKO of JDS who again TKOd Lewis. 2. So your telling me Dana liked Beast's split decision over top 15 Ivanov more than Blaydes unanimous decision over top 10 Volkov?
Sucks for Blaydes. Nobody said this shit was fair. Beast has a win over Frank and he's on a 3 fight streak. <WhatItIs>

Stipe will win, and retires too.
I wish Stipe can rematch Struve.

Sucks for Blaydes. Nobody said this shit was fair. Beast has a win over Frank and he's on a 3 fight streak. <WhatItIs>

I disagree, plus no one wants to see Frank v Beast again after that pathetic performance by both fighters in the first match. Blaydes deserves a 3rd shot at Ngannou over Beast by being on a 4 fight W streak vs higher level competion than Beast and his 3 fight W streak in which his highest ranking W was already defeated by Blaydes as well.

Blaydes is ranked higher for a reason. Lewis needs to earn it<LikeReally5>

If Stipe wins, Ngannou/Stipe 2 happens. If DC wins. DC retires on the spot and Ngannou/Stipe 2 happens for the vacant belt.

Agree or disagree?
Yes agreed but if the ufc can come to terms with Jones(I doubt it) if DC beats Stipe expect Francis vs Jones for the vacat belt while Curtis fights Stipe.

Wouldn't put it past Dana to f#ck stipe over if he loses and make Ngannou and literally anyone else for the vacant belt
Well it wouldn't be a "fuck over" since Stipe would be 1-2 in his last three while we have high ranked hw's with good win streaks at the moment.

I disagree, plus no one wants to see Frank v Beast after that pathetic performance by both fighters. Blaydes deserves a 3rd shot at Ngannou over Beast by being on a 4 fight W streak vs higher level competion than Beast and his 3 fight W streak in which his highest ranking W was already defeated by Blaydes as well.

Lewis did earn it though that's what you're not understanding. He beat Ngannou already.

Lewis did earn it though that's what you're not understanding. He beat Ngannou already.

I couldn't disagree more, and I hope Dana, Shelby and whoever else calls the shots remember this garbage fight if/when the time comes
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Sorry BB, it won't be that easyupload_2020-8-13_9-33-50.png
upload_2020-8-13_9-35-13.png

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be surprised if Dana sends Stipe to the prelims while appointing Cormier as referee and commentator for all HW title fights

I disagree, plus no one wants to see Frank v Beast again after that pathetic performance by both fighters in the first match. Blaydes deserves a 3rd shot at Ngannou over Beast by being on a 4 fight W streak vs higher level competion than Beast and his 3 fight W streak in which his highest ranking W was already defeated by Blaydes as well.

Blaydes is ranked #3
Lewis is ranked #4

Blaydes nearly died during his post fight interview after Volkov via a 5 round decision. Lewis knocked Volkov out.

Lewis has a win over Big Frank. Blaydes has lost to him twice.

If Stipe loses, he can fight Blaydes for next shot against winner of Ngannou/Lewis.

Blaydes is ranked #3
Lewis is ranked #4

Blaydes nearly died during his post fight interview after Volkov via a 5 round decision. Lewis knocked Volkov out.

Lewis has a win over Big Frank. Blaydes has lost to him twice.

If Stipe loses, he can fight Blaydes for next shot against winner of Ngannou/Lewis.

Yeah I don't agree. Fighters lose and get KTFO and get better, improve and go on streaks through the gauntlet and get rematches all the time. Yeah it's rare for it to happen twice but Blaydes has run the gauntlet in a weak division, not his fault, he's doing what is required in a more dominant and impressive fashion than Lewis, hence the Blaydes ranking above Lewis atm.

Blaydes unanimously defeated Volkov in 5 rounds, of course he was tired. While not so impressive, I would argue Beast catching Volkov was just as lackluster similar to Rosencrack who did the same to Reem. I don't see anyone clamoring for JR to be ranked higher than Reem right now even though he officially defeated Reem, but we all know Reem won 24min and 50 seconds of that fight.

Mind you this is a performance you are championing by Lewis who caught Volkov as he was trying to coast to a decision W at the end of 3 rounds and of course his balls was hot. I doubt Lewis balls were going to survive a 5 rounder if he didn't catch Volkov coasting. Plus I see your Volkov/Blaydes/Lewis equation and I raise you my JDS/Blaydes/Lewis equation which was totally dominant in favor of Blaydes

That is what I was going to say. Absolute no brainer. Gives DC to beat Jones, but on his own terms in heavyweight and Jones the superfight for the heavy weight title.

I can't see how this doesn't happen if DC wins. I also think DC won't win unfortunately.

Considering how unreliable Jones is and how many times he's been fucked over by Jones, I don't know that he wants the headache at this point. If he beats Stipe, I think he'll ride off into the sunset, rather than risk Jones fucking everything up again. But who knows.

The only other fight that would make sense is Lewis. But the storyline is there for either Stipe or Lewis. If its a close fight and Stipe loses. I think he'll get fast tracked for Stipe/Ngannou 2. The only way I see it definitely not happening is if Cormier absolutely MURKS him. Which I don't see happening.

If Stipe wins, Ngannou/Stipe 2 happens. If DC wins. DC retires on the spot and Ngannou/Stipe 2 happens for the vacant belt.

Agree or disagree?
I think there's a good chance that BOTH Cormier and Stipe Miocic retire on Saturday night.

I just don't think Stipe really wants to do this any longer. I think he has always had a somewhat strained relationship with the UFC and I think if Stipe wins or loses, he might well retire. I don't think he needs the money and this might be his last fight.

Plus I think at this point he just wants to be with his wife and daughter and it wouldn't surprise me to find out his wife is expecting another kid as well, and I think that Stipe is so a strong family guy I just think he has lost interest in fighting and I think this is it for him.

- So we could have the bizarre situation of BOTH of these HW fighters retiring in the cage after the fight. That would not surprise me.

Last edited:
They'd pretty much have too, no one will care for Francis if he can't beat Stipe.
The other contender is Blaydes and he's looked terrible vs Francis.
Then jds is the 3rd best guy who also was flatlined.

Jones could be a wildcard tho.

Wouldn't put it past Dana to f#ck stipe over if he loses and make Ngannou and literally anyone else for the vacant belt

Ngannou wants Stipe

Although him vs Lewis for title I wouldn’t mind if Stipe injured.

Back