No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

xPINKx

i like turtles
@purple
Reaction score
It's been a while since I kept a log on here, but since I'm starting to run a strength-centered program again and this place still feels like home, why not.

My main goals at the moment are getting stronger, supporting my rugby performance and the usual "getting yuge and shredded and stuff"
The last two or so years were spent lifting on and off, I'm not sure what my 1RM in the big lifts is at the moment, but I'll probably find out soon. Strength training will be via the Texas Method, conditioning will be somewhat varied.
Week schedule in season will be something like this:
Mo Volume Day
Tu Rugby Practice
We DL Day with accessories and conditioning
Th Rugby Practice
Fr Intensity Day
Sa Game/Open Mat/Conditioning
Su Game/Open Mat/Conditioning

Short-/mid-term goals are:
RHR <53bpm
DL over 200kg
20" Neck
Blue Belt in BJJ

Last edited:
Yesterday's session, first session on the TM, first session after taking a few weeks off:
squat
50x5
60x5
70x5
80x5x5

bench
20x5
30x5
40x5x5

RDL
60x5x5

Solid session easing into things.

Life getting in the way big time this week, more rest for my sore legs though.
Yesterday: Rugby practice. Missed the first 30 minutes due to traffic, then defensive strategy and drills followed by lineout work. Intensity 7.5/10
I got poked in the eye and learned that we'll get a scrum machine next week. I'm stoked!

Big rugby game today, didn't get the W unfortunately, but we have improved leaps and bounds in the last week, at least it was a close one. I caught a bunch of headknocks today and I'm pretty sure I'll be sporting two black eyes and at least one giant bump on my head tomorrow... Intensity 9.5/10

Forgot to log a few workouts, conditiong sessions and rugby practices. Nothing interesting though.

Rugby practice tonight: Sprints, decision making in attack, semi-contact plays. No hard contact, lots of running, intensity 7/10. PB&Js on the bus ride to practice are fucking magic.

Yesterday's rugby practice: More sprints, more decision making, but this time with full contact, lineout drills, touch. Intensity 7/10.

Shitty game of rugby, my team wasn't there mentally at all, total lack of aggression. My performance was far from perfect, but at least somewhat solid. I had to stop ten minutes into the second half because somebody fell into my left ankle in a scrum for the second time and I didn't wanna get seriously injured. Intensity 8/10.
I'm still pissed off.

Well, I tore two of the ligaments in my left ankle, so I'm out of order for the last game of this year. Looking forward to my off-season and my first ever hypertrophy block.

Cool log title, bro. That's the quote from Beckett, yeah?

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.:cool:

Trap Bar DL
75x5
95x5
125x6,6,6,6
Hyperextensions
BWx100 reps
Kroc Rows
30x15+15
26x15+15
Forearm Occlusion Fun
Three minutes of 25 reps each reverse curls on the ez-curl bar and behind the back wrist curls with 10kg followed by 20 seconds rest. Was supposed to do four minutes, but the pump was too much to handle

Kept the pulls a little conservative due to some residual pain in my right knee. Occlusion training is a lot of fun.

Bench
40x10,10,10
BOR
40x6,6,6,6,6
Face Pulls
12x10,10,10,10,10
Occlusion Arms
Ten minutes of 25 plate curls, 20 tricep pushdowns and 20 seconds rest.

A little short on time. Really slow reps on the facepulls felt great, occlusion was a pain in the ass because I had a very hard time getting the bands on and ended way too low on my arms. Well.

Famer's Walks
125x4 trips
RDL
70x8,8,8
Meadows Rows
15kg platex10+10x3
Leg Occlusion
Ten minutes of leg curls and leg extensions. New occlusion bands are shit though, bad pump.

Boy, those loaded carries are really draining.

What are you using for your farmers? Actual farmers walk handles?, dumbells, or something else? I do them with the trapbar from time to time.

I also use a trapbar, I'm pretty happy my gym actually has one.
The ten hours I just slept tell me I was right about the "being drained" part...

Rack Pulls
170x6x3
Hang Snatch High Pulls
60x3x3
DB Farmer's Walk
26+26xsix trips including turn

Rack pulls were down from just below my knee and felt very good. DB Farmer's are much harder on my grip and fried my forearms. And while I'm not one for senpai-moments, the strongest dude at my gym applauding my work and intensity did stroke my ego quite nicely.

Push Press
50,55,60x3
Press
40x10,8,6
Klokov Press
20x10x3
Lat Pulldown
45x10x3
55x8
Face Pull
22,25,28,31,33x10
Lateral Raise