No Man's Sky

It's supposed to be a lot better now, but $30 is still way too much for me. Once this hits $15 i'll check it out.

Yes. It's great fun. It was barely and bare bones in release, but the devs have worked very hard to make it better, and succeeded IMO.

Basically an "arcadey" space sim.

it was shit when it first came out. but from what i've heard they have been continuously updating the game for free so it's a bit more fun now.

It's got me HATING space games.

It does simulate the quietness, lonliness and monotony of space. And it does it well.

I never got the update. I beat a part of it, well there is no beating it, and 2 months later supposedly it was upgraded to be good.

Never going back to that game. It makes me feel weird.

Yes. It's great fun. It was barely and bare bones in release, but the devs have worked very hard to make it better, and succeeded IMO.

Basically an "arcadey" space sim.
Makes sense with your name.

Did that Sean Murray guy ever explain why he lied about all the features before its release?

Did that Sean Murray guy ever explain why he lied about all the features before its release?

Personally, I don't think he "lied", but there were many features intended for the game that he knew they were going to struggle to get before the release date imposed by PlayStation.

I think they were a victim of their own hype. They were a tiny team (like 6 people), working on a cool game, released a cool trailer and the hype caught fire. They had big plans, but probably planned on doing a longer development with open beta (like PUBG etc). But once the hype got huge enough and Sony bought the game for PS4 they wanted a fixed release date (as consoles need). The fixed date release fucked them. They just didn't have the man power or time to do everything they promised in time.

Since then, they've basically delivered on every promise and then some. The game now is what everyone was expecting at launch.

It's got me HATING space games.

It does simulate the quietness, lonliness and monotony of space. And it does it well.

I never got the update. I beat a part of it, well there is no beating it, and 2 months later supposedly it was upgraded to be good.

Never going back to that game. It makes me feel weird.

It's basically a different game now. You can do legitimate multiplayer.

I jumped on the other day for the first time since launch and promptly got greeted by a guy visiting the same planet as me. We chatted, hung out, he showed me his space station and cool ships. Was pretty fun. And definitely not lonely.

That's what you're referred to as the whole game. Interloper.

Ahhhhh, gotcha.

I've barely played the game enough for that to click. I've also had this username for well over a decade so never really think about it anymore.

I've barely played the game enough for that to click.

It's basically a different game now. You can do legitimate multiplayer.

I jumped on the other day for the first time since launch and promptly got greeted by a guy visiting the same planet as me. We chatted, hung out, he showed me his space station and cool ships. Was pretty fun. And definitely not lonely.

Is this the same person?

Is this the same person?

Haha yup, and I realise that seems ridiculous.

I have barely played it, but I've been very interested by the development of the game. I was SUPER hyped for it at launch (and subsequently super disappointed), and have kept an eye on the development as it's progressed... Despite barely actually playing the game.

Haha yup, and I realise that seems ridiculous.

I have barely played it, but I've been very interested by the development of the game. I was SUPER hyped for it at launch (and subsequently super disappointed), and have kept an eye on the development as it's progressed... Despite barely actually playing the game.
You got balls sticking around.

Back