No Man's Sky Developer Announces New Game: The Last Campfire

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
No Man’s Sky developer Hello announces its next game, The Last Campfire

The song for this trailer is amazing: best thing about it. Really sets the mood. The singer, Josh Garrels, is a folk Christian musician whose 2015 album "Home" charted on the Billboard 200. The name of the song is "White Owls" from his 2011 album "Love and War & the Sea In Between".

Looks like an adventure puzzler where the narrative may be mysteriously intuitive-- more implicit than explicit-- as in the game Journey, but perhaps with a camera perspective and art style that are more reminiscent of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Bastion.
The Verge said:
The Last Campfire is an adventure, a story of a lost Ember trapped in a puzzling place, searching for meaning and a way home. Together you will discover a beautiful wilderness filled with lost folk, strange creatures, and mysterious ruins.
the-last-campfire-reveal-trailer-tic.png

It will definitely be on PC, but considering the simplicity of the graphics, I expect it will be a cross-platformer aimed at the <$20 price for the XBL & PSN, and maybe also the mobile markets. Considering they had to develop it while constantly updating No Man's Sky I wouldn't expect it to be a large game (probably no more than 8-15 hours).

Last edited:
I'm definitely gonna pre order that

I wonder if you can play with your friends.

Looks cool but man that song is awful

The aesthetics sorta remind me of Bastion. Not a bad thing. Not really sure what the gameplay is gonna be like, but it could be interesting.

Really? You guys find that interesting? Looks like a game for children

Back