No man will hold the UFC HW title for long

Remember when Brock Lesnar was thought to be invincible, and then when Cain beat him, he was going to dominate the HW division for years?

JDS is a great fighter, and I favor him against Cain, but with Cain, Overeem, Cormier, and JDS in the HW division no man will be able to defeat all the rest. Heavyweights are too powerful and there are too many KO's. Things will get even more competitive once Jon Jones moves up.

Fedor was a great fighter, but he wouldn't have gone undefeated against Lesnar, Couture, Overeem, and Mir. Prime Fedor couldn't go undefeated against the best HW in the UFC right now; no man can.

Now fanboys will say that their favorite fighter is invincible and will dominate all the others, but these guys are just too good to get dominated by any one man.

only by dana and his noob fans

Unless Cain loses and DC decides to stomp the shit out of the heavyweight division before spanking jones and taking his belt. War bledor.

Remember when Brock Lesnar was thought to be invincible, and then when Cain beat him, he was going to dominate the HW division for years?

JDS is a great fighter, and I favor him against Cain, but with Cain, Overeem, Cormier, and JDS in the HW division no man will be able to defeat all the rest. Heavyweights are too powerful and there are too many KO's. Things will get even more competitive once Jon Jones moves up.

Fedor was a great fighter, but he wouldn't have gone undefeated against Lesnar, Couture, Overeem, and Mir. Prime Fedor couldn't go undefeated against the best HW in the UFC right now; no man can.

Now fanboys will say that their favorite fighter is invincible and will dominate all the others, but these guys are just too good to get dominated by any one man.

pretty good point besides...
Remember when Brock Lesnar was thought to be invincible ???
are you kidding me . he got a tiltle shot with 1-1 in mma . beat old lhw couture. 1-1 vs mir . barely survived with carwin. he was nothing but a blown out cash cow for ufc.
fedor in his prime would hold a title in ufc h/w .
fedor beat 6 ufc champions in his prime

Crush cans for most of his career? I don't think it's that impossible.

Yup. Those olympians, ADCC champs, K1 champs, UFC champs and all of those top 10 fighters. They were all cans.

Yup. Those olympians, ADCC champs, K1 champs, UFC champs and all of those top 10 fighters. They were all cans.

Look, a poster with some fucking sense

In before he's labeled a nuthugger

When Jones moves up he will hold that thing for years.

I didn't say they ALL were, just most of them. He had some good competition in his 34 wins, just not all 34 of them were good competitors.

I didn't say they ALL were, just most of them. He had some good competition in his 34 wins, just not all 34 of them were good competitors.

17 of his wins are against very solid competion. About the same amount that Silva, GSP, Hendo, Nog, Hughes and all the other great guys have. So your statement makes absolutely no sense at all. Maybe you were just looking for a reaction?

17 of his wins are against very solid competion. About the same amount that Silva, GSP, Hendo, Nog, Hughes and all the other great guys have. So your statement makes absolutely no sense at all. Maybe you were just looking for a reaction?

Yeah, probably.

I think he would have beaten a lot of those guys in his prime.

I still think the level of HW talent today is vastly overstated.

In honesty I believed Juior was going to be champ when certain people were deluding themselves to Lesnars invincibilty.
It's true the HW crown is probably the most difficult crown to hang on to in an already high variance sport. However if anyone can then it's JDS, he already has a long streak going and seems to possess all the necessary tools to keep it that way.

if Jones stays successful in lhw which is pretty likely he will never move up. he is terrified to lose. only way he moves up if he has some losses at 205

Hes probably going to tie the defense record this weekend. Then overeem will upset him, then lose to cormier. Then a huge cycle will just continue where no one defends more than twice.

This sounds about right.

I didn't want to turn this into a Fedor thread, and I know that Fedor was a great fighter, I just don't see prime Fedor going 5-0 against JDS, Overeem, Cain, Cormier, and Jones.

I don't see JDS going 4-0 against Cain, Overeem, Cormier, and Jones. Cain, Ovreem, Cormier, and Jones have the tools to defeat anyone.

Back