No major injuries or broken bones for Jones or Gus

Yup, even though Gus is slightly bigger than Jon, Jon is ducking HW and Gus isn't.

What???!? You're saying all white people in the world are inherently and unavoidably racist??!?!

Thanks for playing the race card, buddy. You ALWAYS do this! I've seen black guys sin too, you know. Blacks are not perfect, you race-card-player!

Can't we all just get along??

So you mean that contrary to your earlier post, I don't "always" do this, but did this only on this day in this thread.

I'd agree with that assessment.

I did it and I cannot tell a lie. We can move on from it though.

The chief f'n point (to quote Al Swearingan) was that Jones showed awesome warrior spirit by continuing to look uninjured when he could barely walk after.

Do you think that I spend all of my spare time incessantly monitoring your comments? Within a ten minute time frame you managed to squeeze race in to the discussion twice. In one instance you went on a complete tangent about an event that allegedly happened (citing no proof) over 20 years ago and was not even fight related. Based on that sample base alone what other impression do you think that I would be left with?

If you do not always do this then why are you suddenly doing it now?

Both fighters performed exceptionally well. But if you disagreed with the decision that does not mean that you hate Jon Jones or are a racist. I have read those kinds of stupid comments here as well. It is the same as being told that if you are white and disagree with Obama you are a racist. Why is it so hard to believe that someone might have an opinion that a fighter has had prior success due to the successful use of height and reach advantage? Is it not true that this was by far the most difficult fight of Jones' career and it was against another fighter of similar stature?

This is only your perception. GSP gets just as much criticism if not more than Jones but for different reasons. And the last time that I checked it is usually Jones & Silva being crowned P4P best in the world.

Silva and Bones ARE p4p best in the world. And I'm not saying white ppl are immune to criticism or only that black people get it. Or that everyone disliking Jones hates him or hates him because he's black!

I said what I said and I didn't say more than that.

I do believe, from interacting with white people all day long in life and then specifically with MMA fans, that MMA fans are more racist than average white people.

That's my reflection from talking about different world events, sports, business with whites in general. When you get onto MMA, you see more racism or racial bias come out.

You might not have noticed, but I have. We can even agree to disagree here. I'm not against that at all. Just giving the benefit of my personal experience. It's not the centerpiece of the discussion in this thread though. It was a relevant comment.

The main focus is that Jones showed tremendous spirit to be unable to walk right after a match where he was throwing that same foot and jumping off of it, etc.

That's warrior spirit. We can surely agree on this!

No, he has a foot injury. I began to feel that way when he was leaning on his team to make him able to walk. I felt that since he wasn't able to walk on his own, it might be fair to call his foot troubles an injury.

Glad it's not shattered, but from how he hobbled, it must have been badly hurt when he hit Gus with it.

And he fought 4 rounds with a foot he couldn't walk on.

Can you say "championship spirit"?

If not, just stare at that GIF of him hobbling out of the ring and think of how he never let on to that injury during the fight. Now you can say "championship spirit"!

You speak the motherfucking truth man, this is what the Jones haters hate to admit, all they want to talk about is how Gus held his own with Jones, what they fail toe realize is the reason Gus seem to do good is because Jones was fighting handicapped.

A foot injury takes all of you ability and mobility to do pretty much almost everything that you would need to win.

Do you think that I spend all of my spare time incessantly monitoring your comments? Within a ten minute time frame you managed to squeeze race in to the discussion twice. In one instance you went on a complete tangent about an event that allegedly happened (citing no proof) over 20 years ago and was not even fight related. Based on that sample base alone what other impression do you think that I would be left with?

If you do not always do this then why are you suddenly doing it now?

I'm in a tricky mood in this thread.

I'd think that a man as well spoken and reasonably thought out as yourself would suspend judgment about what I "always" do until given a reasonable enough sample base.

Is that not a better route to arrive at an accurate determination? I don't consider this above you, and you've shown yourself capable enough to adopt this strategy at least in the future.

Nah, people will never give him his due credit.

Exactly, too many Jones haters here on Sherdog, they will never give Jones credit, they are so desperate for Jones to lose they will discredit any and everything he does, if Jones broke both feet and both his arms the haters will say he is ok and he is 100% and it doesnt matter.

Typical Shertards, they are the worst haters on earth.

Both fighters performed exceptionally well. But if you disagreed with the decision that does not mean that you hate Jon Jones or are a racist. I have read those kinds of stupid comments here as well. It is the same as being told that if you are white and disagree with Obama you are a racist. Why is it so hard to believe that someone might have an opinion that a fighter has had prior success due to the successful use of height and reach advantage? Is it not true that this was by far the most difficult fight of Jones' career and it was against another fighter of similar stature?

This is only your perception. GSP gets just as much criticism if not more than Jones but for different reasons. And the last time that I checked it is usually Jones & Silva being crowned P4P best in the world.

Don't know the origins of the hate, so I can't say 100% it's racially modivated. But I'm seeing a shit ton of posters going absolutely nuts about Jones winning. I see thousands of posts all over the internet about how Gus got robbed. As if he destroyed Jones for 5 rounds. I'm seeing a whole lot more of those posters than ones say "I think Gus won, but yeah it was close"

I could see people thinking it's racism when they're reading these people acting like Gus was such a clear winner here that the decision was the worst of the year. There's a difference between saying "Gus won, but the decision is reasonable" and "Gus killed Jones, fuck thew judges!"

He was clearly walking on it in rounds 2-5. Kicking Gus with it and jumping in the air too.

And clearly limping on it bad after the fight, and clearly cant stop the take down or take his opponent down with his injured foot, you know the way he injured his foot in the first place a few months ago?

But ofcourse you purposely failed to mention that.

Don't know the origins of the hate, so I can't say 100% it's racially modivated. But I'm seeing a shit ton of posters going absolutely nuts about Jones winning. I see thousands of posts all over the internet about how Gus got robbed. As if he destroyed Jones for 5 rounds. I'm seeing a whole lot more of those posters than ones say "I think Gus won, but yeah it was close"

I could see people thinking it's racism when they're reading these people acting like Gus was such a clear winner here that the decision was the worst of the year. There's a difference between saying "Gus won, but the decision is reasonable" and "Gus killed Jones, fuck thew judges!"

I think for the win in particular, it's a combination of race, but with this I do think it's more how dominant and unapologetic Jones is about it.

But in GENERAL, I do think race is always bubbling in the background in MMA. Maybe because it's so close to actual fighting? Maybe it brings out the basest instincts and the social training falls away? I don't know. But it's there and I think 90% of black MMA fans know this from speaking with other MMA fans.

But it's whatever, man. Life conditions. They won't change in my generation enough to go away, but thankfully they change every minute of every day, so eventually......

I bet you somebody out there learned something from this discussion, in fact....

But it definitely is crazy how desperately so many want Jones dethroned. He should call himself Jon "money" Jones and just start taunting and annoying them.....

EDIT: Who's the girl in your avy pls?

Jon Jones is hypocritical and puts on a false front, and everyone in the media tries to make the wolf bigger than it really it is.

No thats some bs You haters ( im not gonna say what yall really are to avoid a race discussion ) said.

Jones does nothing fake or cocky, just like Rashad didnt do shit wrong or bad when he came to MMA but everyone and they momma had nothing but unwanted and unwarranted hate for the guy for no reason.

All yall do is play the reverse psychology game and pull the race hate silently like none is suppose to notice this shit.

I said MMA. Not sure if anyone else said combat sports.

Boxing fans are not generally as outrageous as MMA fans unless discussiong a boxer's chance facing off against an MMA fighter.

haha, boxing fans arent as outrageous as mma fans?! haha, good one. and reading your other post talking about racist white mma fans, i'd love to hear your thoughts on racist black boxing fans. im sorry but for someone to pull out race cards or use race as excuse for something, then they usually have some hidden racist agenda

Silva and Bones ARE p4p best in the world. And I'm not saying white ppl are immune to criticism or only that black people get it. Or that everyone disliking Jones hates him or hates him because he's black!

I said what I said and I didn't say more than that.

I do believe, from interacting with white people all day long in life and then specifically with MMA fans, that MMA fans are more racist than average white people.

That's my reflection from talking about different world events, sports, business with whites in general. When you get onto MMA, you see more racism or racial bias come out.

You might not have noticed, but I have. We can even agree to disagree here. I'm not against that at all. Just giving the benefit of my personal experience. It's not the centerpiece of the discussion in this thread though. It was a relevant comment.

The main focus is that Jones showed tremendous spirit to be unable to walk right after a match where he was throwing that same foot and jumping off of it, etc.

That's warrior spirit. We can surely agree on this!

There is no definitive answer as to who is the P4P best in the world. It is a purely speculative discussion when considering the different weight classes which makes for an apples and oranges comparison. The only way to know for sure who is the best is with an actual fight to prove it and many such determining fights will most likely never take place.

Both fighters showed warrior spirit. Gus never went down after taking some direct heavy shots and he stuffed almost all of the take-down attempts of Jones. In think he was also the first to take Jones down as well. I have no problems giving both fighters tremendous credit for what many are calling the fight of the year.

I am not saying that racism does not exist. All races are subjected to it and even including whites. What I am saying is that it is a hasty rush to judgment to automatically assume that criticisms about a fighter having certain obvious advantages must be race based. We know know from previously cited examples that it has happened to larger white fighters such as Carwin & Lesnar as well. That is the nature of being a professional athlete in the media spotlight and it is across the board.

2w3p8b8.jpg

Just the ego.

Lol Duckface

So Jones has no excuse. He got the shit kicked out of him by an "unknown" Swede and walked away (more like hobbled) with a phantom title.

Gus is the People's Champ.
I don't think he's unknown if almost all of sherdog was rooting for him he was the #1 contender it's not like he was some replacement outside of the top 10 that went to war with Jon Jones. He might not be the most popular guy but people know his name Gus can be the people's champ(it's obvious he is on sherdog) but it doesn't change the fact that Jon jones is still the ufc lhw champion and 3 judges gave him the nod

And off the tracks we go!

Good to see both fighters are relatively "Healthy" as far as your bones goes. That fight was so awesome, and I really do hope they have a rematch ala Shogun-Machida (Which tbh, wasn't as close as this fight).

Plus, a Davis v. Texiera eliminator would be the best of both worlds.
They would both pose interesting stories be it a Davis-Gus2 , or Davis-Jon, Glover-Gus, Glover-Jones.

Either way I see these 4 fighting each other soon.

haha, boxing fans arent as outrageous as mma fans?! haha, good one. and reading your other post talking about racist white mma fans, i'd love to hear your thoughts on racist black boxing fans. im sorry but for someone to pull out race cards or use race as excuse for something, then they usually have some hidden racist agenda

Then why was a thread deleted the other day due to racist comments in it aimed at Jones? This isen't the first time it's happened either. Is it just possible there ARE posters here who are racist and make it known in whatever slick way they can? OH, this is a racism free utopia, yes? Is that what you're saying. Are people honestly saying there are never racist and veiled racist comments aimed at Jones In ANY of his threads? If not, why are the threads deleted then for containing racist comments? The simple fact is when people are being racist there is no race card. What you have is a truth that some of you seem to want to overlook because you either do not care, or are part of the problem itself.

OK.

I don't use race as an excuse for anything I do as I don't do anything that I think needs excusing (at least not where race could be a good excuse).

But whatever. You're right. I'm a hidden racist. You've got me! You should reward yourself for figuring me out. Shall we say a bag of chips?

Are there racially biased black boxing fans? Hell yes. See? I have no problem admitting that. Do I find the opposite dynamic in MMA fans? Hell yes. See? I'm even handed. I don't support racism in any direction. Sorry.

Then why was a thread deleted the other day due to racist comments in it aimed at Jones? This isen't the first time it's happened either. Is it just possible there ARE posters here who are racist and make it known in whatever slick way they can? OH, this is a racism free utopia, yes? Is that what you're saying. Are people honestly saying there are never racist and veiled racist comments aimed at Jones In ANY of his threads? If not, why are the threads deleted then for containing racist comments? The simple fact is when people are being racist there is no race card. What you have is a truth that some of you seem to want to overlook because you either do not care, or are part of the problem itself.

did i say there werent racist white mma fans? no. did i say some jones haters dont have other motives? no. do i think there are less racist mma fans than boxing fans? fuck yes!

Not one example that you offered shows a direct correlation to race. Not a single one. I guess only white fans have ever claimed that their favorite fighter was robbed right? Black people never do this as well?

Here is the real racism for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb9lHuXm8f0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDcI0WUuMXg

Back