No longer under UFC contract, RoryMac still get drug testing

Rory's second fight with Lawler turned me into a fan. Prior to that, I hated the guy for "playing it safe." He has completely tooled some opponents without finishing.

He is probably doing it to avoid that pre-fight testing period if he re-signs.

The fact USADA have tested him shows that he certainly hasnt ended his contract.... (UFC have matching rights so there is a still a contractual relationship there)

And hitting him for both blood and urine this week, i would say 80% hes renewed, possibly even has a fight in the works

Hes still under contract. Just because your last fight is done, the contract is still in place in that UFC have matching rights of offers from other organisations. Contract isnt over till that has happened.

He could voluntarily pull himself from the USADA pool. But then he would have to re-enter the four-month waiting period, and hopefully, after Brock, the UFC will not be handing out any more exemptions from the four-month testing protocol prior to competition.

He's too good for the UFC to let go of.

I think it would be a mistake.

I still remember Rory absolutely toying with the current WW champ. Made him look like an amateur.
This is what makes him worth big money to Bellator. If he goes there and rules their WW division they "Stole" him from the UFC. If he gets crushed (unlikely) he validates their roster.

Honestly Rory should have told them to piss off.

I actually feel for Rory. He's not going to get good value either way. I just hope he gets as much as possible.

gotta stay eligible in case UFC sacks up and pays him properly. everyone doesn't get that Brock hall pass...
This is the most likely answer. If he does re-sign with them he doesn't want to have to have 4 months of testing before he fights.

Other than Rory's performance against Berger and his first fight against Lawler, I think the guy's very exciting. Had a great close fight with Condit, smashed Pyle, ended Mills' hype train abruptly, made BJ and Tyron look lost and took out boring ass "leg kick you to death" guy whatever his name is and arguably had fight of the year against Lawler....but folk still call him boring

Who is paying for these tests if hes not under contract?

Who is paying for these tests if hes not under contract?
Oh I'm sure the UFC is getting a bill. I think they want him to stay in the testing pool until negotiations are over or we run into the Ben Saunders situation where they can't book him for 4 months.

GRAMMAR PATROL OFFICER

Resigned = Quit

Re-signed = Signed another contract with UFC

I'll let you off with a Caution this time

; )

since i am a non-english speaker, that always applies

I say let him go make some sponsor money at Bellator and pad that record and then come back and compete for a title

GRAMMAR PATROL OFFICER

Resigned = Quit

Re-signed = Signed another contract with UFC

I'll let you off with a Caution this time

; )
Thank you. Drives me nuts when people do that.

Just never got over how scummy he was with Penn. Called out a retired lightweight and then fought safe, refusing to even TRY for a finish and was hopping around all proud of himself for beating up a guy half his size. Then a guy one third his size went in and stopped BJ in under one round.

The UFC will let him go. He is not exciting and not deserving of any more money. He will get KTFO in Bellator or Rizin hopefully.

He made the UFC's welterweight champion look like a fool to be honest.
I think that alone adds some "pressure" for the UFC.
Ok, pressure might be the wrong word but they probably aren't interested in giving somebody to another organization where he can be promoted with clips tooling the current UFC champ if they easily can avoid it.

Back