No legs conditioning

bad_coupon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking for conditioning exercises that don't use legs that much. Thing is, I'm biking quite a lot and squatting 3 times a week so my legs tend to be pretty spent most of the time. Some ideas I have:

-med ball thrusts, scoops and what have you
-shot/rock put
-sledgehammer stuff
-lighter kb/db swings, snatches
-pushups
-generally lighter variants of regular lifts
-BW chins, pullups (although I'm too weak to do it as cardio)

Anything you can add? Input appreciated. Links too.

Do a handstand and then go for a jog on your hands :)

Try linking together some of those exercises that you mentioned in a circuit using lighter weights and higher reps (like 20 reps). This might be more muscle endurance than cardio but it would still be a good workout.

+1 Boxing

Superman pushups, Dips, do a handstand and try to walk a few feet.

Tabata jab cross sprints or you can do normal 3 minute rounds and then last 30 jab cross sprint or knee sprint.

Just chew really vigorously. You need something that won't give out right away, shoes, tennis balls, sticks, etc.

Best answer.

I'm not being funny but after 4 rounds of boxing sparing, if I have had a break, my legs are killing me. I seem to spend the whole round doing partial squats (dipping, slipping, punching)

I'm not being funny but after 4 rounds of boxing sparing, if I have had a break, my legs are killing me. I seem to spend the whole round doing partial squats (dipping, slipping, punching)

Partial squats are not ATG and therefore don't count. :D

Back