No-knee Cain enters HW rankings at #7

Is Cormier's next opponent going to be Lesnar or Stipe?

And sorry, Lewis beat Ngannou just months ago. Shouldn't leap him off beating no-knee Cain.

I just don't understand why they gave Curtis Blaydes such a dangerous fight and eliminated a legit contender in such a thin division. It just makes no sense whatsoever. They are completely relying on Lesnar showing up and passing drug tests?

just a reminder for "mma much evolved" bumheads

Cain would have problem matching middleweights with that knee problem...

Cain is really accomplished fighter. But the ability is just not there any more. Is there a veterans league ?

I guess the rankers looked at where JDS is and couldn't bear ranking the guy who battered him into oblivion, twice, below him. Memory is a powerful force.

Direct result of that 4 fight contract he signed

I have no problem with Cain being installed at number 7 as long as he was promptly carried off the list in a stretcher after the fight.

Hasn’t won a fight in nearly 3 years. The last 8 years, Cain beat 3 guys and lost to 3 guys... Of course he deserves s spot in the top 10...

Was there ever heavyweight mma fighter who had reconstructive knee surgery and came back and did good ?
I cant think of no one.

This is why we NEED Brock...to clean house and sit on the throne.

Funny that mmamania.com updates BEFORE ufc.com

#4billiondollarcompany

I wish we knew how good Cain was at this moment. He got mollywhopped by Doom, then beat Rousey.......both those guys are no longer with the UFC and are total shells. Cain was dominant like a decade ago, and possibly the only reason we think so highly of him is he does not fight so we never got to see the decline that was happening all along. Even when we take a look at his best wins, we are reminded how irrelevant all his peers now are. The future is here and I say we just try to get Jones vs Ngannou going.

Heavyweight division is very shallow

This isn’t an indictment of the HW division. It’s just another indication of rampant corruption in the UFC. Cain doesn’t belong in the rankings at all. Everybody knows it. And whomever is sitting at number 16 got screwed out of being ranked.

I think he likely is around there in the rankings, but you can’t put him there based off a 26 second TKO loss. I could go in there and get knocked out that quickly too.

The UFC rankings are always bullshit.

They literally move fighters in and out of the top 5 or top 10 just to hype fights.

Both successful and defunct companies begin with aspirations of becoming successful, and they generally start out with ideas of how they can make money and make a difference at the same time. The problem with extremely successful companies, such as UFC, Google, Apple, Amazon, etc., is that once they get a taste of the all mighty dollar their aspirations are devoured by the amount of money in their bank accounts. The all mighty dollar, investors, responsibility to their employees and their newly adopted God complex take over. It no longer becomes what the public wants. It all revolves around their God, which is money. It's really the consumers who are at fault. There are plenty of other organizations who offer excellent fights for a lower cost to enjoy.

just a reminder for "mma much evolved" bumheads
Enter the new breed:

tumblr_mf5xh8Mihl1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Tim Sylvia was also touted as the new breed back when he arrived on the scene lol

In 2003 Joe Rogan said:

"This is a huge guy, this new breed of UFC heavyweights, like Tim Sylvia, like Gan McGee, like like Wes Sims, gigantic!"

24fd15j.jpg

So is the general consensus that he blew out his knee BEFORE the uppercut, or did the uppercut cause it? It’s so ambiguous lol. I thought it was the uppercut that caused it, then wadtucket made a post that makes me question it.

Back