No Judges, No Rounds, Finish Only

15 minutes for a regular fight, 25 minutes for a championship fight. No breaks except in the case of fouls.

A fighter can only win the match by finish. If no finish occurs, the fight is a draw.

This will solve these problems with MMA currently:

*Eliminate boring point fighters, they will not be able to advance under this system
*Eliminate bad decisions

The rules will have to be changed to prevent defensive stall tactics by the champions
We had rules like that and guess what, didn't make anything more exciting.

There's nothing wrong with the current setup, it just needs competent judges.

Look at the criteria for NFL officials. 'To be considered for a position as an official by the NFL, the candidate must have a minimum of 10 years experience officiating football, at least five of which must have been at a varsity collegiate or another professional level'

What's the criteria to be an MMA judge? Nothing like that anyway so it's hardly surprising that some of them are incompetent.
Nooooooooooo. Please God let them be anything better than NFL officials.

We had rules like that and guess what, didn't make anything more exciting.
Yeah but I'm talking about quick separations and standups for wall and stall / lay and pray type shit. If the fighters persist in that or get too tired to fight, the fight is called and we move to the next one

Sounds very silly. Many matches would go to a draw.

I’d be ok with pride rules 10 minute first round, judge fight as whole, stomps and soccer kicks.

There's nothing wrong with the current setup, it just needs competent judges.

Look at the criteria for NFL officials. 'To be considered for a position as an official by the NFL, the candidate must have a minimum of 10 years experience officiating football, at least five of which must have been at a varsity collegiate or another professional level'

What's the criteria to be an MMA judge? Nothing like that anyway so it's hardly surprising that some of them are incompetent.
If they adopted the same criteria as the NFL, the only people qualified to judge would be.. the judges.

Fights in Lethwei are till someone Win otherwise it's a Draw without any Decisions of some random Judges. I like the Idea but i dont know if it's work with MMA / UFC.

15 minutes for a regular fight, 25 minutes for a championship fight. No breaks except in the case of fouls.

A fighter can only win the match by finish. If no finish occurs, the fight is a draw.

This will solve these problems with MMA currently:

*Eliminate boring point fighters, they will not be able to advance under this system
*Eliminate bad decisions

The rules will have to be changed to prevent defensive stall tactics by the champions

I'm open to that. But also they need to add foot stomps and soccer kicks. That'd solve a ton of problems instantly.

What's the criteria to be an MMA judge?
You need to know the difference between standup and ground game and you good to go.
Having already seen a couple of fights is a plus.

I hate round by round scoring with a passion (for long rounds with so few of them)... so I am kind of supportive of this

But they also need to up the finishing potential, remove current restrictions.. add soccer kicks, stomps, knees to the head on the ground, upkicks to the face from guard, etc.

There'd be the odd 3 round utter beatdown resulting in a 'draw' but perhaps that's ok. Finishing should be paramount, not playing a game to win a 'round' (and potentially a fight) by doing bullshit stuff like holding a fighter against the cage for more time ... It works in BJJ so perhaps it could work in a fight... actually make it a real fight

Exclusively employ exfighters as judges, with no affiliation to the fighters theyre judging and that would solve most of the issues.

Even more judges would be better, a five panel has less chance of screwing up, the egregious 50-45 among four 48-47s matters less in such a system.

One (20 minute regular, 30 minute championship) round is a good idea, draw without a finish is horrible imo. Both completely change the game and just having the one round would result in way more finishes by itself.

Unfortunately you lose the sporting side of things, the coaching between rounds and also who wants to see too absolutely drained sloppy fighters lying on top of each other exhausted it's bad enough as it is since USADA lol, between rounds gives them time to recover and come out fighting.

Just give them guns so we can get some of this goodness...

CriminalDefensiveCaiman-small.gif

Or if you want to make it super interesting...

Duellists6.gif

No need for rematches.

Find/figure out the pay for the judges and you will have answer.

I doubt they make more than 1,000 a night

Unfortunately you lose the sporting side of things, the coaching between rounds and also who wants to see too absolutely drained sloppy fighters lying on top of each other exhausted it's bad enough as it is since USADA lol, between rounds gives them time to recover and come out fighting.

If fighters get too tired, ref should just end the match and it would be a draw.

Sounds like the EPO championships to me.

Back