No judgement... But is anyone else repulsed adults who listen to Rap music?

I don't care what people listen to, I just don't like it when people have their music cranked all the way up. Shit, I don't mind loud, I listen to my music loud too, but there is a difference between loud and cranking it to an absurd volume.

That's just lazy hating. There are usually far better things to mock someone for than their musical taste.

Especially people who listen to rap post-30.

OP were they listening to something like this..

or this?

There's good and bad hip-hop just like every genre of music. Don't hate the player.

When I think of adults who listen to rap I think of Michael Bolton from Office Space. Unless we're talking about adults who listen to Stitches, in which case I think of myself

I'm on vacation in Texas, I myself am from Florida. For whatever reason, where I'm from I seldom hear rap music, ever.

Ever since I've been here, I have heard nothing coming from the trucks and four-wheelers of the locals but rap. Very seldom, I hear country or rock, but in its 95% its been rap. These are not teenagers. Some of the people I've met up with are lifelong Texans, educated, and making very significant money, especially for this part of the state and country where cost of living isn't too bad.

Don't get me wrong here, just because I don't listen to rap doesn't mean I can't appreciate its value. I've heard a few Eminem songs over the years that have been good, for example I enjoyed the song Stan back when it came out. I have a big appreciation for song writing and it would be tough to argue that such a song is written without some amazing writing ability. This stuff however, I don't feel condemning for calling it shit. I heard mostly who I believe to be lil' wayne, and other rappers who rhyme the same words with the same words over and over again about three-hundred times with no lyrical direction or meaning whatsoever. In addition, the lyrics encompass little more than gang-banging, use of drugs, violence, and general disregard from anything that holds together a civilized society. But more importantly, the lyrics are all fragmentary pieces of a giant turd. Every song says the same shit in a different order and has no meaning whatsoever.

After hearing several hours of it yesterday at a party, I feel like my ears have received an unprovoked ass raping.

I would totally get it if this was teenagers or people that don't know any better, but as an educated individual, what do you gain from listening to this stuff? Hopefully you guys can answer that for me. Do you find it appropriate to be middle-aged and professional but still carry yourself this way?

I'm a middle aged professional and I listen to what I want, when I want, and don't really give two shits what you or anyone else thinks of my musical tastes.

In your opinion, what is the preferred music for the middle aged professional?

You sound very, very square. I will never invite you to my suburban mansion because I like to party.

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!!!!!!!!

Shit music is shit music, or opinion dependant and subjective. I completely agree with you in any case in relation to most rap that's mainstream these day's. Recycled rehashed and reused lyric's piled upon each other and fed to the people who gobble it up without question. It dumbfound's me too mate and I'm a life-long fan of Hip Hop. It's mostly horrid these day's and I feel the same way you do.

I'm afraid I can't answer the question you do ask, although I thoroughly relate and understand.

i relate as well. i've always loved hip-hop but this new shit i just don't get. i've really got into dance punk and post punk lately. they have hip-hop beats but lyrics i can relate to. check out !!!(chk chk chk), lcd soundsystem, outHUD, cherub....

Todays adults grew up on rap music and im one of em, ill be 39 in april..... fml. Probably buy some rap music to celebrate.

It really is a weird sign of weird things. That said, my GF is one of them, and I can still listen to Beastie Boys all day.. So wtevr. It's just more sad that such comical stupid music has replaced decent rock. We had decent rock in the 90's. White kids lost their soul or something.

It really depends on the rap. I like some rap, most of it I can only appreciate if it has interesting non-vulgar lyrics though. They can even be completely bizarre like Aesop Rock. But the minute someone starts rapping about bitches, hoes, dolla bills, guns, shooting someone, gangbanging, nigg@s, excessive cursing etc. I just have no time for that. I feel the same about all kinds of music, vulgar lyrics just irk me. The melody and everything has to be pretty amazing for me to get over bad lyrics and even then a song can be tainted by them.

So generally, no, I have no problem with adults who are educated listening to rap. I'm a university student and I've been listening to Metal for a long ass time and never plan on stopping. That same genre of music is often stereotyped as something for kids as well, but that's bullshit. People who say this about either form of music clearly haven't experienced the music thoroughly enough to develop a worthwhile opinion.

ts is from north of orlando. those honkies from jax down to orlando hate anything color related

I like to rock this rap, on my way home from the Starbucks, after work.

It really is a weird sign of weird things. That said, my GF is one of them, and I can still listen to Beastie Boys all day.. So wtevr. It's just more sad that such comical stupid music has replaced decent rock. We had decent rock in the 90's. White kids lost their soul or something.

Really? Nirvana lyrics make less sense than your typical top 40 rap song today.

Regardless of the genre of music you're blasting, if you're doing so in public places where people are just trying to hang out, you're probably a piece of shit trying to get attention.

I really really dislike rap, I think its garbage music.... but if anybody else listens to it... well man, I dont think Im owner of the universal truth of the universe.... at the end the fact that I think rap music is garbage is just my opinion... I think people should TRULY understand that all they have is an "opinion"... ONE opinion

I also love how TS puts "no judgment" in the title, then proceeds to judge the shit out of people who listen to a certain kind of music.

For Realz!
The TS needs to check himself before he wrecks himself.

Back