No judgement... But is anyone else repulsed adults who listen to Rap music?

I find it inappropriate. I was at the four-wheeler park and the middle-aged adults blast it from their trucks. There were little girls present, no older than 7, and there was one song in particular they sung along to that was just way too over the top.

And then they wonder why their daughters blow the football team by 14.

Who knew, listening to rap at the age of 7 makes you blow the football team at 14.
You just saved an entire generation from therapy.

Kudos.

It's a amazing how many "rap sucks" threads there are in the mayberry... I can't remember the last time I saw one about rock.

What's with the inferiority complex? It's almost like some people can't take it when something other than what they like is popular.

I find it inappropriate. I was at the four-wheeler park and the middle-aged adults blast it from their trucks. There were little girls present, no older than 7, and there was one song in particular they sung along to that was just way too over the top.

And then they wonder why their daughters blow the football team by 14.

would you have had the same reaction if it was death metal?

Pease dont judge all adult conduct by that displayed by texans

Not at all, I am repulsed by adults who listen to Adele, her musics boring as fuck

b1XonhF_zpsjdj4jas3.gif

@ TS's opinions

Someone that lives in Florida and vacations in Texas trying to judge other people
What a world

Kaboom.

I'm on vacation in Texas, I myself am from Florida. For whatever reason, where I'm from I seldom hear rap music, ever.

Ever since I've been here, I have heard nothing coming from the trucks and four-wheelers of the locals but rap. Very seldom, I hear country or rock, but in its 95% its been rap. These are not teenagers. Some of the people I've met up with are lifelong Texans, educated, and making very significant money, especially for this part of the state and country where cost of living isn't too bad.

Don't get me wrong here, just because I don't listen to rap doesn't mean I can't appreciate its value. I've heard a few Eminem songs over the years that have been good, for example I enjoyed the song Stan back when it came out. I have a big appreciation for song writing and it would be tough to argue that such a song is written without some amazing writing ability. This stuff however, I don't feel condemning for calling it shit. I heard mostly who I believe to be lil' wayne, and other rappers who rhyme the same words with the same words over and over again about three-hundred times with no lyrical direction or meaning whatsoever. In addition, the lyrics encompass little more than gang-banging, use of drugs, violence, and general disregard from anything that holds together a civilized society. But more importantly, the lyrics are all fragmentary pieces of a giant turd. Every song says the same shit in a different order and has no meaning whatsoever.

After hearing several hours of it yesterday at a party, I feel like my ears have received an unprovoked ass raping.

I would totally get it if this was teenagers or people that don't know any better, but as an educated individual, what do you gain from listening to this stuff? Hopefully you guys can answer that for me. Do you find it appropriate to be middle-aged and professional but still carry yourself this way?
50-cent-driving-gif.gif

I also love how TS puts "no judgment" in the title, then proceeds to judge the shit out of people who listen to a certain kind of music.

I only care when I'm stuck behind them in a drive thru and they feel the need to blast that shit so loud that everyone is forced to listen to it.

Ironic you say 'no judgment', as you sound totally condescending and judgmental.

You're dumb. I think you mean you are offended by offensive music with offensive lyrics. It's not just rap. I can break out some country with offensive lyrics I can get some rock with offensive lyrics. I try not expose my children to any of it but if there is no really offensive lyrics I'll let them listen. It's not just rap son.

Edit: if you find rap offensive I think you need to look at your values. The only rap or rapper you like is Eminem. Think about that.

You're dumb. I think you mean you are offended by offensive music with offensive lyrics. It's not just rap. I can break out some country with offensive lyrics I can get some rock with offensive lyrics. I try not expose my children to any of it but if there is no really offensive lyrics I'll let them listen. It's not just rap son.

Thank you

Everyone has the right to listen to whatever they want...and I have the right to form my opinions about it....I think grown ass people cranking Rap so loud the car shakes is retarded.

what you hear on the radio is Hip-Pop.

Everyone has the right to listen to whatever they want...and I have the right to form my opinions about it....I think grown ass people cranking Rap so loud the car shakes is retarded.

So blasting rock or country is ok?

Edit: if you find rap offensive I think you need to look at your values. The only rap or rapper you like is Eminem. Think about that.

It's funny how times change. Back in the and 50s and 60s, people said rock and roll was "n**** music" because it was "primal" and aroused sexual desire in young girls. Now when people cite "good" music, most of the time, it's rock and roll.

I don't give a shit what other people listen to, but I definitely find it strange when I see a guy who is 30+ listening to rap. But, to each his own.

Back