No interviews for Cowboy and DC a slap to their face?

Speaking of this, what if the PPV time expires? You can't tell me they would turn off the lights if the Main Event was still in progress.
Depending on your cable provider it could cut off at the originally designated end time.

UFC 33, for many ppv providers the feed cut off during the main event of Ortiz v Matyushenko. That main event card had 5 fights including three 5 rounders and they all went to decision.

That fight card pretty much set the PPV main card at 5 fights and maximum of two 5 round fights. Later those standards were ingored based on ppv time slot allotments.

That's a stupid assumption because Burkman has one hell of a chin. All the guys that Hector has kayoed in the UFC have glass jaws. I expected a decision in that fight because it was going to be almost all stand up between two guys with iron chins.

Guess you would have been right, I would have bet (but didn't) that the fight would have been finished within the 15 minutes.

WCW Halloween Havoc was like that. Main event between Goldberg and DDP got cut off.

I remember that, WCW is not a good promotion to be in the same company with if you're the UFC.

The McGregor interview should have been cut short to a maximum of 5 minutes, there was no reason for it to be 15 minutes long. I understand wanting to showcase McGregor but he's saying nothing new, the audience is gonna tune out after the 5 minute mark and that time could be used to give Cerrone an interview a fighter that you can easily market.

they should've interviewed the cowboy

I can't believe you guys are this upset about missing fucking post fights.

They're meaningless drivel 99% of the time. The person just got done with a grueling 1-25 minute fight and most of the time it's after getting punched in a head quite a bit. We're not missing much.

It's not like we're missing great orations by speechmasters.

Let's not forget Jon Fitch main evented UFC 100 over a time issue.

Lucky for us Brock made quick work of Mir in the co-main or we would have missed it.

I can't believe you guys are this upset about missing fucking post fights.

They're meaningless drivel 99% of the time. The person just got done with a grueling 1-25 minute fight and most of the time it's after getting punched in a head quite a bit. We're not missing much.

It's not like we're missing great orations by speechmasters.

Its what they gave us instead. Also Cowboy was clearly irritated with those kicks at the end, I would have much rather heard his thoughts shortly after instead of the broken record being jammed down our throats for 15 minutes.

why the fuck the ufc doesnt get more air time

dunno how they buy it or with who

Conor is probably the most nauseating fighter to listen to. It's pure torture hearing that guy deliver the same tired old lines one after the other in an endless cycle.

The UFC knew that they'd get a big audience watching the PPV so they had Conor build up his fight and promote his event. Pretty smart, actually.

It is their fault for not finishing the fights. McGregor was just selling the Siver fight.

What you guys need to realize is UFC marketing machine is far from great, it really isnt, whatever they want to promote they just push and push and push, ignore reaction and push some more.

This isnt the type of industry if you keep telling the masses someone is popular theyre gonna end up tuning in, the guy on the street doesnt give a shit that Ireland shuts down for Connor(It also shuts down cus its 3AM usually when he fights, people do like to sleep), and no one whos not into the UFC is going to get into it because of Ronda Rousey

The marketing scheme has been off practically all along, what made it work was marketable fighters like Chuck and Randy and GSP, who couldnt sell a fight to save their lives but fought so great that everyone wanted to tune in regardless.

Now we have wall n stallers , pitter patter and run type "stars" so really, you can tell me a hedgehog is exciting, but after a minute of looking at it, im going away. You can only trick me into something for the shortest of periods, even if u keep saying how amazing the hedgehog is and how the forrest will be going mental watching him

Its what they gave us instead. Also Cowboy was clearly irritated with those kicks at the end, I would have much rather heard his thoughts shortly after instead of the broken record being jammed down our throats for 15 minutes.

I guess the difference is in five hours worth of event time I'm only actually watching the fighting part and tuning everything else out including post fights, so I see little difference in McGregor talking about himself or Cowboy talking about himself. I mean literally the only time I pay attention, at home or at the bar, is when I hear Buffer announce the referee's name because the fight is about to start.

What you guys need to realize is UFC marketing machine is far from great, it really isnt, whatever they want to promote they just push and push and push, ignore reaction and push some more.

This isnt the type of industry if you keep telling the masses someone is popular theyre gonna end up tuning in, the guy on the street doesnt give a shit that Ireland shuts down for Connor(It also shuts down cus its 3AM usually when he fights, people do like to sleep), and no one whos not into the UFC is going to get into it because of Ronda Rousey

The marketing scheme has been off practically all along, what made it work was marketable fighters like Chuck and Randy and GSP, who couldnt sell a fight to save their lives but fought so great that everyone wanted to tune in regardless.

Now we have wall n stallers , pitter patter and run type "stars" so really, you can tell me a hedgehog is exciting, but after a minute of looking at it, im going away. You can only trick me into something for the shortest of periods, even if u keep saying how amazing the hedgehog is and how the forrest will be going mental watching him

What....

the fuck.

All I have to say here is that you obviously don't get out much. Ronda Rousey has done more to draw women to watching UFC fights that anyone before her. I've never seen so many first time females than at her events and I've never seen groups consisting only of females occupying a table except at her events.

Lol @ your blatant hate for the hedgehog. Hedgehog is a needlemover. Deal with it.

Conor made sense because at least he's fighting soon. CM Punk did a fucking 50 minute Q&A the day before. But yeah, it sucks Cowboy and DC didn't get interviews.

Back