No Immediate Title shot for Cruz upon return

They don't need him to take an immediate title shot now that Barao lost.

TJ still has to fight Assuncao in the meantime

Good. He doesn't deserve one.
Except Dillashaw's face will be a mess just like what Barao did to him.
Eh, TJ has way more power and ability to fight effectively from both stances than Cruz.

I've been an extremely adamant supporter of Cruz in this very long lay off, but I can't argue against that at all.

It seems unfair since he was the champion at the time of his (first) injury, but bear in mind that by the time he gets into the cage later this year he won't have had a fight in nearly three years. Given the length of his layoff and the severity of his injuries it makes sense for him to take a fight or two to see how he performs before thrusting him back into the title picture. I hope he can be as good as he was before he got hurt; I thought he was a top five pound-for-pound fighter at that time and I really liked his style.

They don't need him to take an immediate title shot now that Barao lost.

TJ still has to fight Assuncao in the meantime

I don't think the ufc will give assuncao the shot now. Rematch makes no sense at this time.. assuncao vs cruz or mizugaki vs cruz might do

Oh wait, I forgot, this is sherdog. Sherdoggers love their rematches

Mizugaki is a great idea because he can test Cruz at all the things that Cruz is good at.

Speed, footwork, cardio, well roundedness...Mizugaki has it all, at very elite level, but not quite championship level.
That's why Mizugaki is the perfect test for guys on the title track.

Good. I was thinking Cruz vs. Mizugaki myself. I hope they go that direction.

Positive for him, really.

Can't wait to see him back.

Cruz vs Mizugaki title eliminator for the next contender after Assuncao.

Fuck that.

Cruz vs Barao for the title shot.

Fight was supposed to happen a while ago. Barao never beat Cruz but did get his belt.

Have him headline a Fox of FSN1 card. Build his popularity back up. It's been so long since we last saw him fight.

I don't think the ufc will give assuncao the shot now. Rematch makes no sense at this time.. assuncao vs cruz or mizugaki vs cruz might do

Oh wait, I forgot, this is sherdog. Sherdoggers love their rematches

Really? Rematch makes no sense right now? Assuncao has a recent win over TJ and was scheduled to fight Barao until he got inured. How does it NOT make sense?

Excited to see Dom come back. Nobody knows how well he'll do compared to pre-injury, but I hope he looks nearly as good. His style is unique, and as a fan I have a special appreciation for fighters that bring something interesting to the table.

Hope he gets an easy tune-up just to break off the cage rust, then if he does well I could see him right back in the mix. Maybe a title eliminator against Barao? I'd also like to see him settle things with Faber, but I'm not sure what Urijah's plans are with one of his guys as champ.

So? The kid has fought nobodies since 2011.

g007_citizen_kane_slow_clap.gif

Back