No immediate rematch--overblown

whynotnow**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The hype srrounding the jones/Gus fight is marketing to the hilt. There'sno way I would want to see an immediate rematch of tis figh. Gus lost, Jones should be awarded another challenger and gus another fight with a another top contender.

BTW, I'm a Rogan fan but his yelling during broadcasts is getting annoying. He's also a BJJ nuthugger--when a fighter gets another guy on his back and pins his shoulders to the canvas, Joe yells--"HE PULLED GUARD--LET SEE WHAT HE CAN DO?!! JOE ACTS LIKE THE FIGHTER ON TOP IS IN THE BAD POSITION--ITS FRECKEN CRAZY.

Back to Jones-- this was a fight of attrition with some flurries-- this WAS NOT the most exciting fight in my opinion by far. Yes, there are some cuts but that blow to Jones didn't even land square..

WAY OVER HYPED.. I had Gus winning too but don't want an immediate rematch.

Joe, stop yelling, you make my head hurt..

If it's controversial, there should be an immediate rematch.

The fight will do huge numbers, its obvious. The marketing angles. Think from a business point of view its gold, they can't risk one of these losing before then, especially jones, who Glover is prime for it.

If it's controversial, there should be an immediate rematch.

If there is a clear-cut robbery where one fighter dominates and is given the fight by the judges, it makes sense to make the rematch, but a close fight does not deserve an immediate rematch. If that were the case, nearly 50% of fighters would just keep fighting the same opponent over and over again.

ThrillerEvans.gif

The hype srrounding the jones/Gus fight is marketing to the hilt. There'sno way I would want to see an immediate rematch of tis figh. Gus lost, Jones should be awarded another challenger and gus another fight with a another top contender.

BTW, I'm a Rogan fan but his yelling during broadcasts is getting annoying. He's also a BJJ nuthugger--when a fighter gets another guy on his back and pins his shoulders to the canvas, Joe yells--"HE PULLED GUARD--LET SEE WHAT HE CAN DO?!! JOE ACTS LIKE THE FIGHTER ON TOP IS IN THE BAD POSITION--ITS FRECKEN CRAZY.

Back to Jones-- this was a fight of attrition with some flurries-- this WAS NOT the most exciting fight in my opinion by far. Yes, there are some cuts but that blow to Jones didn't even land square..

WAY OVER HYPED.. I had Gus winning too but don't want an immediate rematch.

Joe, stop yelling, you make my head hurt..

Your first sentence is exactly why they should do an immediate rematch.

Money money money in the rematch for all parties.

It's going to happen! This time I see Bones winning more decisively

I'd rather see a rematch than see Jones destroy Glover. And I don't care to see Cormier's stubby little arms flailing around as jones destroys him from 5 feet away. So yea, Jones vs. Gus 2 sounds great.

Machida-Shogun 2

Why not Gus-Jones2?

Unquestionably a great fight, though this was scored as a UD for Jones. It wasn't a split decision. Yes, I see a rematch between these two, but Gus lost on all three of the judges scorecards and never came close to finishing Jones during the fight. Jones should fight the next in line instead of receiving an immediate rematch against someone he's already beaten no matter how exciting the fight was.

Back