"No I don't feel sorry for him - this is combat!" - Jon Jones

mudrubble

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
- "I've fought a lot of big, strong men.... supermen, superheroes..... and I can't say enough about Jon's mentality in that octagon" - Daniel Cormier

I think this sums up for me what I like most about Jones apart from his fighting itself. It's his mind. At every single opportunity he's talking to Daniel, he's ALWAYS setting up his mental dominance. He gives no quarter. He is a walking, talking victory.

He is on his way to DEFINING how an unbeatable champion thinks. He has no desire to appease his haters anymore.

By the time he's done, I think he will have taken enough heads and stopped apologizing enough that we'll all be FORCED to respect him. He's not asking the world for respect anymore, he's decided to take it, like a man, one head at a time.

- "Honestly you guys sound like high school girls to me.... I'm fake? My job is to beat up monsters.... do you think I'm fake when I'm doing that? Do you think my hard work and my skillset are fake? Honestly, you guys sound like high school girls. Why do you care if I'm fake? This isn't a popularity contest. I'm the best at what I do." - Jon Jones

- "Jon, I admire your ability to change as soon as the cameras turn on" (mockingly, sarcastically) - Daniel

- "Thank you" (with a calm, focused, deadly serious "I am dedicated to beating you" look on his face) - Jon

My questions to you are threefold:

1 - Do you admire his "you haters only motivate me to shut you up" attitude as a championship quality or do you just stew in your own mess when he dismisses your bitter tears?

2 - Are you prepared to hate the future, the reality of MMA in our time? He's not going anywhere. He's the best alive. He'll beat all your hopes and won't give you the satisfaction of his caring what you think about it. This is how MMA GOATness moves and it's not going to do anything but make you cry more and more. Are you prepared for another 5 years of balling?

3 - Everyone has talked about his frame except Daniel and Jon's (and Dom Cruise) team, who speak of his FIGHTING MENTALITY. Are any of you noticing this is his biggest asset? Did you notice that his focused mind is the biggest difference between him and those trying to beat him?

- , he's ALWAYS setting up his mental dominance. He gives no quarter. He is a walking, talking victory.

As he should. He is a lot like me in that regard. The only difference is for a long time he cared about what other people think about him. He's coming around now.

We aren't here to concede just so our opposition can sleep better at night. If you make opposing fans uncomfortable, you have done your job as a fan. Engage in the fight.

Enjoy my sig

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Jon just doesn't like when guys make it personal.

Chael talked a boatload of trash in interviews they shared and Jon wasn't the least bit upset or aggressive. It was just a game. DC wasn't playing a game, and Jon didn't like it.

Last edited:
I think Jon just doesn't like when guys make it personal.

Cheap talked a boatload of trash in interviews they shared and Jon wasn't the least bit upset or aggressive. It was just a game. DC wasn't playing a game, and Jon didn't like it.

I agree. I think Jon tends to stay relaxed but when you get personal with him, he hates you. And if he hates you, he'll make you pay for upsetting him.

As he should. He is a lot like me in that regard. The only difference is for a long time he cared about what other people think about him. He's coming around now.

We aren't here to concede just so our opposition can sleep better at night. If you make opposing fans uncomfortable, you have done your job as a fan. Engage in the fight.

Enjoy my sig

Yeah we know. It's about GSP.

Enjoy my sig

Yeah, I think he's doing it all right. And making all these salty fans upset by simply being skinny and long? It's hilarious!!

The thing I love about it is that I'm guaranteed laughter and light for as many years as he chooses to reign because these haters aren't going anywhere!

He defines champion and that intimidates a lot of mortal humans. They breathe in fear and insecurity and breathe out hate.

He is the GOAT, he is not miss congeniality. All haters are wasting their time hating instead of enjoying the show of THE GOAT.

As he should. He is a lot like me in that regard.

lol ok keyboard warrior (btw your sig is inane)

Anyways, Jones is a lot like me in his take no prisoners approach. I didn't just gain this 201-0 street fighting record by accident

I actually gained respect for him when he said that. It would have been fake to pretend that they were all good now. Jones is right. Cormier would have bragged had he won. Why should Jones feel sorry for him?

I've been a bit of a hater on Jones, but you have to admit, he's got a winning attitude and it's working for him

Lol @ how people were saying that DC was in Jones' head all this time

I actually gained respect for him when he said that. It would have been fake to pretend that they were all good now. Jones is right. Cormier would have bragged had he won. Why should Jones feel sorry for him?

I've been a bit of a hater on Jones, but you have to admit, he's got a winning attitude and it's working for him

This is how intelligent and humble people reason when presented with enough information.

All the haters "ganging up" on him are going to cook in a stew of their own tears while they watch him ascend to legendary status. He will go down as the single best MMA fighter of all time, without a close second.

If he beats Werdum at ANY point in his career, I will go through my bible and replace every mention of "The Lord" with "Jonny B Jones" and it will be good.

The man is a rare occurrence and haters are blinding themselves to his ascent. Much like Jesus.

Yeah I said it.

Lol @ how people were saying that DC was in Jones' head all this time

I can't lie. I actually thought that (or feared that, and wouldn't say it out loud). But I had yet to understand that Jones' head is not penetrable by thought, attitude or display from his enemy.

The man is an unusual human being. His mind should be studied and emulated by other fighters. They should try to learn how to think like he does about fighting and his approach to it.

Conor brags about thinking about things that Jon just quietly thinks.

lol ok keyboard warrior (btw your sig is inane)

Anyways, Jones is a lot like me in his take no prisoners approach. I didn't just gain this 201-0 street fighting record by accident

actually john is a lot like me in his ability to dominate people he doesn't likeand come out on top regardless of all the haterz

Street record: 504-0

i gotta say i like how jones has handled this whole situation - cormier said a lot of sht about him, he won the fight, won in the fashion he wanted, and he drew motivation from how much cormier talkeda bout him and how much he wanted to show people up - he predicted that he would beat cormier and cormier would be very unhappy about it - now hes pretty much right about everything he said (even though it doesnt please many people) and why should he feel sorry for cormier now, after all the sht that was talked, calling him fake, boy, saying he would spit in his face, etc. -

one of the reasons a lot of people dont talk a lot of sht even if it makes more money, in my opinion, is people dont take it as a joke and it leads to a lot of extra pressure / negativity - that prob made the loss for cormier even harder

jones, for those who can appreciate it, showed that he isnt to be fcked with at all - i bet he'd have gone over there and fought with cormier again in the post fight if he could have

Nobody is asking for him to pity. A bit of humanity would be nice though. The whole sociopathic thing is honestly a bummer.

I agree. I think Jon tends to stay relaxed but when you get personal with him, he hates you. And if he hates you, he'll make you pay for upsetting him.

yeah that last "F" bomb he hurled at Cormier had I want to streetfight you anger and hate. Jon's lip was even trembling while he was talking to rogan.dude was pissed.

I think a lot of fans forget that Cormier had been trash-talking Jones pretty relentlessly for years--not only before dropping to LHW--but even before Cormier was in the UFC. That trash talk involved not only insults to Jones as a fighter, but as a person too.

When someone outside your division, and even outside your promotion does that long enough, I imagine it would fester into a special kind of hatred.

Even with a win, it would be hard to believe that dislike would just simply wash away clean.

This is how intelligent and humble people reason when presented with enough information.

All the haters "ganging up" on him are going to cook in a stew of their own tears while they watch him ascend to legendary status. He will go down as the single best MMA fighter of all time, without a close second.

If he beats Werdum at ANY point in his career, I will go through my bible and replace every mention of "The Lord" with "Jonny B Jones" and it will be good.

The man is a rare occurrence and haters are blinding themselves to his ascent. Much like Jesus.

Yeah I said it.

Good lord. I hope your keyboard has a sperm guard for all the jizz u just sprayed on it thinking about Jones

Back