Economy No help from Biden: Michigan may shut down again

Well, we didn't get our vaccine boost, which wouldn't have helped anyway, and our restrictions and mandates have now been quietly (meaning no press conference) extended another month here in Michigan. There were a few small changes, which includes forcing masks on 2 year olds now.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2021/04/16/michigan-covid-19-health-order-kid/7234835002/

Beginning April 26, the face mask requirement includes children ages 2-4...

I've been wearing a mask to the stores to keep things polite, probably longer than I otherwise would have out of concern people could be more nervous during this current spike. I think I am done though. Forcing masks on 2 year olds is just beyond lunacy, and I don't think I'm willing to comply with this madness any longer.

If you see a youtube video of a middle-aged man and a confused mask-less toddler getting dragged out of a store in Mid-Michigan by a screaming mob, that is probably me. I'll wave hello to the Sherbros.

Well, we didn't get our vaccine boost, which wouldn't have helped anyway, and our restrictions and mandates have now been quietly (meaning no press conference) extended another month here in Michigan. There were a few small changes, which includes forcing masks on 2 year olds now.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2021/04/16/michigan-covid-19-health-order-kid/7234835002/

I've been wearing a mask to the stores to keep things polite, probably longer than I otherwise would have out of concern people could be more nervous during this current spike. I think I am done though. Forcing masks on 2 year olds is just beyond lunacy, and I don't think I'm willing to comply with this madness any longer.

If you see a youtube video of a middle-aged man and a confused mask-less toddler getting dragged out of a store in Mid-Michigan by a screaming mob, that is probably me. I'll wave hello to the Sherbros.
4IYUCAM5C5GPXESUM2EM56BQSM.jpg

Lol. She announced the order demanding 2 year olds wear masks indoors...while she was not wearing a mask indoors.

Last edited:

Wow aren’t you brave. You might have enough of doing something as simple as wearing a mask to stores? Such a sacrifice.

And then you had to make up a mythical situation to get upset about because that hasn’t and likely won’t happen. Just keep living in your own reality bud.

Wow aren’t you brave. You might have enough of doing something as simple as wearing a mask to stores? Such a sacrifice.

And then you had to make up a mythical situation to get upset about because that hasn’t and likely won’t happen. Just keep living in your own reality bud.

My last sentence of what you quoted was obviously facetious. But your sentence before referencing my "mythical situation" just shows exactly what I am talking about.

So anyway, no, not brave. Just done with the worthless, unhelpful gestures that have failed for so long to be of any measurable benefit. We'd be just as well off if we used garlic bulb necklaces as our primary mitigation tool: https://waldo.villagesoup.com/p/a-garlic-necklace/1278326#:~:text=Some hung garlic bulbs around,Garlic contains alliin. As long as the governor went on TV and assured us it was working, why would anyone bother taking 2 seconds to look at the clear, plain data that showed it obviously wasn't (although maybe there would be something to the garlic thing).

I still wore it for a year, I don't intend to wear it forever, so now I'm done. You can keep wearing your mask until 2022 and beyond for all I care, and pat yourself on the back for the morality of your empty gesture.

You protect the virtue of a con man and sore loser. I’m not sure who’s more pathetic at this point.

And it is on topic as I responded to all of your bullshit in kind.
he spent all of last year whining about oppression from maskwearing...what a fucknuckle..

https://www.newsweek.com/michigans-...b-gretchen-whitmer-shuns-new-lockdown-1582857
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/politics/michigan-joe-biden-gretchen-whitmer-covid-19/index.html

Damn. Biden has betrayed the people of Michigan and have basically left them to die. Because of his mishandling of the Covid crisis, repeatedly refusing to listen to the scientists or to take the pandemic seriously, Michigan is once again at full hospital capacity. A lot of people there are calling it the Biden virus. Governor Whitmer, who everyone almost unanimously agrees has shown profound leadership throughout the crisis, has repeatedly pleaded with Biden to send help to the state, but his regime has completely rebuked her, telling her to just shut the state down instead. I'm sorry Michigan friends. Its going to be a tough summer for you guys. You'll be in my prayers.
Shut downs don’t work. We have to get through it. It sucks, but my co worker and his whole family just tested positive. They are all ok. Most people are. God bless those that aren’t. We don’t want another lockdown. It didn’t work the last time.

I believe the Republican legislature blocked her in court. Also, many counties and cities specifically said that they would not enforce safeguards. I was in Northern Michigan last July and December. Masks were very few and far between. I took a crowded ferry with a couple hundred folks and I’ll bet mask usage was about 25%. Michigan never had a chance. I have been to Florida several times also and they are doing a better job.
In SE MI we all mask up around each other. Doesn’t seem to matter.

https://www.newsweek.com/michigans-...b-gretchen-whitmer-shuns-new-lockdown-1582857
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/politics/michigan-joe-biden-gretchen-whitmer-covid-19/index.html

Damn. Biden has betrayed the people of Michigan and have basically left them to die. Because of his mishandling of the Covid crisis, repeatedly refusing to listen to the scientists or to take the pandemic seriously, Michigan is once again at full hospital capacity. A lot of people there are calling it the Biden virus. Governor Whitmer, who everyone almost unanimously agrees has shown profound leadership throughout the crisis, has repeatedly pleaded with Biden to send help to the state, but his regime has completely rebuked her, telling her to just shut the state down instead. I'm sorry Michigan friends. Its going to be a tough summer for you guys. You'll be in my prayers.

I suggest you struggle through to the end of the article you posted.

It’s just a guess but I think if Biden had shown favoritism, the TS would be saying that Biden was playing favorite to blue states to cover up their incompetence. Heads I win, tails you lose.

It’s just a guess but I think if Biden had shown favoritism, the TS would be saying that Biden was playing favorite to blue states to cover up their incompetence. Heads I win, tails you lose.

Also, if cases were way down and they reopened, that would prove that precautions were just about trying to hurt Trump. I don't know what the point is. People should just put "I'm a hack" in their sigs, and we'd get the message.

Also, if cases were way down and they reopened, that would prove that precautions were just about trying to hurt Trump. I don't know what the point is. People should just put "I'm a hack" in their sigs, and we'd get the message.

The disappointing thing is that there is a genuine debate to be had on what is the right course of action, but this is so blatantly partisan.

Back