Economy No help from Biden: Michigan may shut down again

Hadron90

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.newsweek.com/michigans-...b-gretchen-whitmer-shuns-new-lockdown-1582857
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/politics/michigan-joe-biden-gretchen-whitmer-covid-19/index.html

An uncomfortable disagreement with Michigan has handed President Joe Biden his most controversial and politically unpalatable moment yet since assuming responsibility for the US' response to the pandemic.

His administration's blunt rebuff of a plea by his ally and Michigan's Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer for an increased supply of vaccines to combat a Covid-19 spike represents the kind of tough decision the President and his team will increasingly face on the exit road from the crisis.

But despite its dire situation, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky explained in frank terms that the time vaccinated patients need to build immunity requires the rejection of Whitmer's pleas.
"If vaccines go in arms today, we will not see an effect of those vaccines, depending on the vaccine, for somewhere between two to six weeks," Walensky said at a White House briefing on Monday.
"So when you have an acute situation, an extraordinary number of cases like we have in Michigan, the answer is not necessarily to give vaccine. In fact, we know that the vaccine will have a delayed response."

But Walensky suggested that Michigan should "really close things down, to go back to our basics, to go back to where we were last spring, last summer, and to shut things down, to flatten the curve, to decrease contact with one another." While it is not surging vaccine to Michigan, the White House is sending therapeutics, more testing materials and medical professionals to more efficiently administer its existing vaccine allocation.

Damn. Biden has betrayed the people of Michigan and have basically left them to die. Because of his mishandling of the Covid crisis, repeatedly refusing to listen to the scientists or to take the pandemic seriously, Michigan is once again at full hospital capacity. A lot of people there are calling it the Biden virus. Governor Whitmer, who everyone almost unanimously agrees has shown profound leadership throughout the crisis, has repeatedly pleaded with Biden to send help to the state, but his regime has completely rebuked her, telling her to just shut the state down instead. I'm sorry Michigan friends. Its going to be a tough summer for you guys. You'll be in my prayers.

https://www.newsweek.com/michigans-...b-gretchen-whitmer-shuns-new-lockdown-1582857
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/politics/michigan-joe-biden-gretchen-whitmer-covid-19/index.html

Damn. Biden has betrayed the people of Michigan and have basically left them to tie. Because of his mishandling of the Covid crisis, repeatedly refusing to listen to the scientists or to take the pandemic seriously, Michigan is once again at full hospital capacity. A lot of people there are calling it the Biden virus. Governor Whitmer, who everyone almost unanimously agrees has shown profound leadership throughout the crisis, has repeatedly pleaded with Biden to send help to the state, but his regime has completely rebuked her, telling her to just shut the state down instead. I'm sorry Michigan friends. Its going to be a tough summer for you guys. You'll be in my prayers.
what a moronic take on the situation.. the Gov of Michigan repeatedly refused to put more safeguards in place.. this falls on the governor

classic case of BDS ....

poor Hadron

Governor Whitmer, who everyone almost unanimously agrees has shown profound leadership throughout the crisis, has repeatedly pleaded with Biden to send help to the state, but his regime has completely rebuked her, telling her to just shut the state down instead.

She voted for him. She can reap the rewards.

what a moronic take on the situation.. the Gov of Michigan repeatedly refused to put more safeguards in place.. this falls on the governor

classic case of BDS ....

poor Hadron
The Gov of Michigan was almost kidnapped by anti-lockdown extremists. No one can doubt her commitment to the cause. Biden can't even ask his press secretary to put on a damn mask. We have zero leadership from the federal government right now. How high do we have to stack the bodies before the Biden cultists will demand he do something?

Last edited:

Damn. Biden has betrayed the people of Michigan and have basically left them to die. Because of his mishandling of the Covid crisis, repeatedly refusing to listen to the scientists or to take the pandemic seriously, Michigan is once again at full hospital capacity. A lot of people there are calling it the Biden virus. Governor Whitmer, who everyone almost unanimously agrees has shown profound leadership throughout the crisis, has repeatedly pleaded with Biden to send help to the state, but his regime has completely rebuked her, telling her to just shut the state down instead. I'm sorry Michigan friends. Its going to be a tough summer for you guys. You'll be in my prayers.

Imagine the low levels you stoop too because your daddy lost the election due to the mishandling of COVID that you have to make shit up. Also imagine trying to protect A crying, whiny, child that she complains that life is too unfair for his silver spoon fed mouth that he still can’t admit he lost. Talk about a real sore loser, he’s your idol.

Imagine the low levels you stoop too because your daddy lost the election due to the mishandling of COVID that you have to make shit up. Also imagine trying to protect A crying, whiny, child that she complains that life is too unfair for his silver spoon fed mouth that he still can’t admit he lost. Talk about a real sore loser, he’s your idol.

TDS post. Stay on topic.

TDS post. Stay on topic.

You protect the virtue of a con man and sore loser. I’m not sure who’s more pathetic at this point.

And it is on topic as I responded to all of your bullshit in kind.

classic case of BDS ....

poor Hadron

I believe the Republican legislature blocked her in court. Also, many counties and cities specifically said that they would not enforce safeguards. I was in Northern Michigan last July and December. Masks were very few and far between. I took a crowded ferry with a couple hundred folks and I’ll bet mask usage was about 25%. Michigan never had a chance. I have been to Florida several times also and they are doing a better job.

The Gov of Michigan was almost kidnapped by anti-lockdown extremists. No one can doubt her commitment to the cause. Biden can't even ask his press secretary to put on a damn mask. We have zero leadership from the federal government right now. How high to we have to stack the bodies before the Biden cultists will demand he do something?

“almost kidnapped”

word?

I would love to see Whitmer close Michigan down again. I am sure it would do wonders for her political career there.

The CDC broad wants to "go back to where we were last summer"?

<6>

Chauvin trial shouldn't be too much longer, so that might just happen. SWBI calls go brrrrr

Didn't TS defend Trump on everything during Covid? I recall him being one of the most hardcore Trump supporters. Now that he's gone for two months everything is Biden's fault? Lmao, this is so predictable

Didn't TS defend Trump on everything during Covid? I recall him being one of the most hardcore Trump supporters. Now that he's gone for two months everything is Biden's fault? Lmao, this is so predictable
yeah hadron is pretty spinless

No one is talking about Trump, retard. Whitmer asked Biden for vaccines. He told her to fuck off and die alone.

No one is talking about Trump, retard. Whitmer asked Biden for vaccines. He told her to fuck off and die alone.

It doesn't matter whether Trump was brought up or not. You have a history of downplaying the virus and now because someone who you don't support is in office you turn this into partisan politics.

Maybe she should have offered him a sacrificial sniff. I'm sure there is some fresh young flesh in Michigan she can offer up in tribute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back